Deployment 2022-23 booking season begins

4 hours ago, shipfriend_max said:

One travel agent webseite from UK (some might now...) at least reveals the embarkation ports and itinerary names for the RCI ships in Europe 2022:

-Odyssey: Rome, Med cruises to Greek isles

-Anthem: Southampton, including Norwegian fjords, WWestern Europe, Med, Canaries...

-Allure: Barcelona - 7 night Med

-Jewel: Amsterdam, including cruises to British Islands, Iceland, Norway/North Cape

-Brilliance: sailing from Ravenna, same as Rhapsody in 2021

-Voyager: Copenhagen/Stockholm, same as planned for Adventure in 2021 (now done by Jewel though)

-Vision: Barcelona, mostly 12 nights, sometimes 8 nights

Funchal bookings were updated now taking away the INDY bookings for 2022. So, no INDY at Southampton. 

It seems they have been going back and forth as to whether to have Vision or Jewel at Amsterdam or Barcelona. 

It seems there may be some sailings from Tarragona, Spain in the late 2022 season.  They have been trying to attract RCL to do turn- arounds from there, but I am unsure if that has moved forward. 

Jewel does seem to move south to the MED prior to a transatlantic. 

I found it interesting that when they booked the Odyssey of the Seas call at Funchal for the November transatlantic that they booked the destination port as a question mark and not just Ft. Lauderdale. 

Cayman bookings though would indicate that Odyssey does sail from Ft. Lauderdale for both the 2022 and 2023 winter season. 

• Like 1

Another mystery has been the booking in the past week for Adventure at Palma de Mallorca on June 3 and then in September as well.  They show the ship heading to Ibiza and then there is no booking at Ibiza, so I guess it is a fluke. 

P202200577 ADVENTURE OF THE SEAS BAHAMAS 311 9 137 276 2? ALIN. SUR DEL M.TRAFICO LOCAL 0 0 MARSEILLE IBIZA 03/06/2022 09:30 03/06/2022 20:00 S BALEARES CONSIGNATARIOS S L

Now, as it seems Rhapsody will not come to Europe in 2022, I am asking myself what's going to happen to her?

Might she stay in Tampa until August or so and do the 7 night sailings out of Boston to Canada/NE in fall? Same pattern as originally planned for Brilliance of the Seas in 2021?

Or she does a year-round pattern out of Tampa and Voyager does the 7 night sailing from Boston. However I am not sure if embarkation/debarkation is possible with such a huge ship in Bostons terminal? 

Otherweise I could well imagine to have Voyager on the sailings between Cape Liberty and Québec City in fall 2022.

What's your guesses? 

Edited by shipfriend_max

35 minutes ago, shipfriend_max said:

Now, as it seems Rhapsody will not come to Europe in 2022, I am asking myself what's going to happen to her?

Might she stay in Tampa until August or so and do the 7 night sailings out of Boston to Canada/NE in fall? Same pattern as originally planned for Brilliance of the Seas in 2021?

Or she does a year-round pattern out of Tampa and Voyager does the 7 night sailing from Boston. However I am not sure if embarkation/debarkation is possible with such a huge ship in Bostons terminal? 

Otherweise I could well imagine to have Voyager on the sailings between Cape Liberty and Québec City in fall 2022.

What's your guesses? 

Transfer to Pullmantur-along with Grandeur-instead of the 2 celebrity ships.

3 minutes ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

They have more dates if you see their info. Also the repositioning cruises are posted.

I'm also seeing these now too....but getting the message "oops something went wrong" so can't get any further.

8 hours ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

3rd year in a row it's happened so I think we can safely say that we'll never see Indy again in Southampton. They clearly think that the only thing that the UK wants is so-called Royal Caribbean ship Anthem.

I mean it is a Royal Caribbean ship "Anthem Of The Seas". Not sure what is "so-called" about it?

3rd year in a row it's happened so I think we can safely say that we'll never see Indy again in Southampton. They clearly think that the only thing that the UK wants is so-called Royal Caribbean ship Anthem.

She’s a RCI ship.

She’s called Anthem of the Seas.

Not sure what is “so called” about her 🤷‍♀️

• Like 2

Now most of the Europe summer program 2022 is added to the website. 😊

No real surprises but I really like the program of Jewel of the Seas: Arctic Circle finally again, as well as British Isles and Iceland.

Voyager's Baltic itineraries are also quite good, but: do we REALLY NEED TWO DAYS at sea between Riga and Stockholm? Sorry, such things drive me nuts - the ferries between Stockholm and Riga need 17 hours. Why doesn't RCI add an overnight call at Stockholm instead of two freaking unnecessary days at sea???!!!??

They have more ships than just the Independence too.

2 minutes ago, shipfriend_max said:

Okay how do you know that Rhapsody and Grandeur will be transferred to Pullmantur instead the zwo Celebrity ships?

Just a guess from what I'm seeing lately... The substitute of Rhapsody by Brilliance was a last minute one (you can tell by the port bookings) and Grandeur has no itineraries at all...

Edited by SummmerInKefalonia

2 hours ago, shipfriend_max said:

Okay how do you know that Rhapsody and Grandeur will be transferred to Pullmantur instead the zwo Celebrity ships?

Celebrity denied any idea of transferring ships to Pullmantur after some news about it.

2 hours ago, swoopy2110 said:

They have more ships than just the Independence too.

And I've sailed ships other than Independence - I've also been on Jewel, Enchantment, Explorer, Serenade, Oasis, Allure, Harmony, Symphony and Anthem. It's an issue with Anthem and not an issue with "not Independence" - I'd be quite happy if we had a Voyager, another Freedom or an Oasis in the area. 

Ah well, Allure looks to be Barcelona bound at least.

Allure Eastbound TA on April 24, 2022 has been posted and I was able to book by phone with RCI.  They offered a refundable deposit for a Grand Suite which made my decision easier since I would prefer to do the Westbound TA in the fall.  It will depend on the itinerary and price once it opens for booking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just checked out the itineraries for the British Isles. I really liked our (cancelled) 2021 itinerary on Jewel that had 2 days in Edinburgh. Sorry to see that gone. I will stick with Alaska for 2022, and put off Europe for awhile. I guess I want to see how things play out. I want to be sure that it's not just cruise excursions only before I go to Europe. 

46 minutes ago, little britain said:

Jewel in June 22. Fab itinerary but pricey!

I only looked at the price in July, but it was almost $2000 less than what I booked the same room on release date for 2021.We had 3 different categories booked, and each was thousands less than when we booked last year.  But I also noticed a lot of rooms not available, more than I would have expected just hours after becoming available.