Deployment 2022-23 booking season begins

4 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

Just booked a JS on Arctic Circle cruise. Was a click away from 1100——-and then it was gone. No worries, got mid ship. My son and DIL will also be going. I will be a birthday cruise for thee wife and I, as we have the same birthday......

BTW— I think the date is June 20,2022.

mac_tlc

Late last night (midnight PST) everything was available as they were being released #1100 & #1602...I went back and forth and finally opted for an OS instead. So excited for this Arctic Circle July 26, 2022. Any idea about this itinerary vs the June 20, 2022..No idea about the ports on one vs the other.

Edited by Ashland

6 hours ago, boogybaby said:

We have just booked cabin 9256 on jewel for the artic circle From Amsterdam ,sailing June 29th 2022. I’ve wanted to this for years

Are you on June 20th?...I'm booked on July 29th.

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

Late last night (midnight PST) everything was available as they were being released #1100 & #1602...I went back and forth and finally opted for an OS instead. So excited for this Arctic Circle July 26, 2022. Any idea about this itinerary vs the June 20, 2022..No idea about the ports on one vs the other.

Looks like only one port difference between the two. Molde, Norway in June vs Geraingrer in July. Never been to any of them. We picked June because my wife and my birthday is 6/22, and it will be near the top of the world on the day with the most daylight. Also already have Harmony in August, so June was better for us. 

mac_tlc

• Like 1

Did anyone else notice the booking terms for next Summer?  Looks like NonRefundable deposits. But also has BestPrice Guarantee that’s says “You will have 48 hours after you reserve to find a lower price. If you do, you will receive 100% of the difference applied to your reservation as an onboard credit. This lowest rate must be a rate publicly advertised by Royal Caribbean International. Program terms and conditions apply.”   What about later?  Is this something new or possibly incorrect?  These cruises are outside the Cruise w Confidence timeline.   It’s been a few years since I cruised Royal.  I was just doing a mock booking and came across that...

8 minutes ago, ohiolovescrusing said:

Did anyone else notice the booking terms for next Summer?  Looks like NonRefundable deposits. But also has BestPrice Guarantee that’s says “You will have 48 hours after you reserve to find a lower price. If you do, you will receive 100% of the difference applied to your reservation as an onboard credit. This lowest rate must be a rate publicly advertised by Royal Caribbean International. Program terms and conditions apply.”   What about later?  Is this something new or possibly incorrect?  These cruises are outside the Cruise w Confidence timeline.   It’s been a few years since I cruised Royal.  I was just doing a mock booking and came across that...

Non refundable deposits have been the standard for a few years now.  You can still choose a refundable deposit (more expensive and only for balconies an$ below) later in the booking process.

24 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

Looks like only one port difference between the two. Molde, Norway in June vs Geraingrer in July. Never been to any of them. We picked June because my wife and my birthday is 6/22, and it will be near the top of the world on the day with the most daylight. Also already have Harmony in August, so June was better for us. 

mac_tlc

We haven’t been to Molde so that’s good, but Gerainger is beautiful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MindyJohn said:

Has anyone been able to do a Lift & Shift from a 2021 cruise to any of these new Europe itineraries or the 2022 EB TA's?

We just called and they could not move the FCC we had from our cancelled June 2020 cruise that we applied to our to June 2021 that was cancelled to the June 2022 cruise we just booked said not past April 2022 but we asked if we could get a refund and the rep was able to put a request in so hope that works out.  We are on the 6/26/22 8 night Med Greek Isles out of Rome on Odyssey.

I guess sometimes it pays to be a little OCD about cabins. Earlier today I booked a JS on the Jewel Arctic cruise for 6/20/2022. Was a click away from cabin 1100, then it was gone... so we just took a mid-ship JS. Took another look about 30 minutes ago and 1100 was available. I grabbed it !!!

And I was able to move our son and DIL to 1102. If the balcony divider opens we will have a large aft area to enjoy Norway!!

Also noticed that JS's are up $415 for 2 since this afternoon and GS's are up over $600.

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc

5 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

I guess sometimes it pays to be a little OCD about cabins. Earlier today I booked a JS on the Jewel Arctic cruise for 6/20/2022. Was a click away from cabin 1100, then it was gone... so we just took a mid-ship JS. Took another look about 30 minutes ago and 1100 was available. I grabbed it !!!

And I was able to move our son and DIL to 1102. If the balcony divider opens we will have a large aft area to enjoy Norway!!

Also noticed that JS's are up $415 for 2 since this afternoon and GS's are up over $600.

mac_tlc

Glad you got the #1100 but balcony dividers don't open on the true afts.

51 minutes ago, CynBeth6 said:

We just called and they could not move the FCC we had from our cancelled June 2020 cruise that we applied to our to June 2021 that was cancelled to the June 2022 cruise we just booked said not past April 2022 but we asked if we could get a refund and the rep was able to put a request in so hope that works out.  We are on the 6/26/22 8 night Med Greek Isles out of Rome on Odyssey.

If I understand correctly, you were not requesting a Lift and Shift with price protection, but wanted to move FCC from a June 2021 cruise to one in June 2022.  If so, I guess they're holding the line on expiration dates for FCC's.  I booked some placeholder cruises for my family in late 2021 in order to keep 12 FCC's alive, and hoping the CWC guarantee will allow me to eventually move those FCC from the placeholder cruises to summer 2022.  I guess I'll call tomorrow and see if they turn me down.

On the topic of Lift and Shift, I have 4 repo cruises booked in March-April 2021...covered my bases.  Three of the four have excellent 2022 L&S options listed using the online L&S form. 

15 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

mac_tlc

Good for you!!!

2 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Glad you got the #1100 but balcony dividers don't open on the true afts.

Figured that might be the case on the afts. Well, we all can certainly fit on our balcony.

mac_tlc

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Non refundable deposits have been the standard for a few years now.  You can still choose a refundable deposit (more expensive and only for balconies an$ below) later in the booking process.

Different Question: When making new Booking on Royal site and apply a FCC that is same as down payment will they also charge your card the Deposit? Wondering as when put the FCC at bottom shows the value of $450 but still requires a Credit Card to finish. Just don't want use $450 from a FCC and get charged another $450 Down from my CC, or is it required to call Royal directly to use just a FCC as a Down Payment. Thanks, Michael

50 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Different Question: When making new Booking on Royal site and apply a FCC that is same as down payment will they also charge your card the Deposit? Wondering as when put the FCC at bottom shows the value of $450 but still requires a Credit Card to finish. Just don't want use $450 from a FCC and get charged another $450 Down from my CC, or is it required to call Royal directly to use just a FCC as a Down Payment. Thanks, Michael

I would take the time to call RCI directly...just to be on the safe side.  

4 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

In order to use the FCC as the deposit you need to call.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, island lady said:

I am waiting to rebook Allure westbound TA for fall 2022.  Don't see that listed yet.  Want to reprise the original B2B with TA we had booked that was cancelled with you from last month.  

I can now book October Allure Med cruises...but want to wait until I get a cabin selected on Fall TA.  Not sure when that one will come out for booking.  

I still want to be on the WB TA, but after the Harmony disappointment with the itinerary I figured I would grab the EB.  Plus, my roommate is now very skittish about taking the WB TA after the extremely busy hurricane season we've had this year.  We might still do both TAs, but it will depend on the itinerary.

Not sure when it will open for booking.  Maybe in a few weeks?  There was a 2 week difference in 2018 between Europe I and Europe II.  We booked on 12/17/2018 for the 2020 Allure WB TA.  Just keep monitoring!  I've got a tickler set up on Outlook to check every day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

With my 9 FCC vouchers, I applied three of them to existing booked cruises  late 2021 early 2022 cruises.  Booked six more cruises for early 2022, then went back in and used the FCC vouchers to pay down part of the balance.  Just worked out easier for me that way.  

The cruises I booked online...the FCC vouchers I called the D+ desk to apply them, and then was sent new confirmations.  Was easy peasy. 

• Like 1