Perth to Sydney 2021

3 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Floury potatoes for mash or chips, waxy potatoes for salad.

ย 

Sebago are a good all rounder but I prefer Desiree for potato salad.

For home cooked chips I prefer pontiacs. I always deep fry with skin on. I do sweet potatoes too.

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

According to some people in some towns on up the north coast they don't want tourists, especially from Sydney. Of course those people probably don't operate local businesses.

I would not travel to the City of Sydney, as it has been declared a coronavirus hotspot by NSW Health. I would assume that residents of the City of Sydney would reciprocate. Stay safe. ๐Ÿ˜ท

Edited by By The Bay

30 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

I would not travel to the City of Sydney, as it has been declared a coronavirus hotspot by NSW Health. I would assume that residents of the City of Sydney would reciprocate. Stay safe. ๐Ÿ˜ท

But the City of Sydney (East) which is the actual hotspot is only a small part of the greater Sydney area. Our part of Sydney is Covid-free at the moment and hopefully will stay that way.ย It's frustrating and annoying. I wish Gladys would lock Sydney down for a few weeks to break the chains of this outbreak. Then I wouldn't have to worry about someone from a hotspot deciding to visit one of their mates in our suburb.ย 

30 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Apologies to suebubbles for diverging so far OT. It sometimes happens on our little Down Under forum but interesting (to some) stuff gets posted from time to time.

Mia culpa.

Not to be pedantic, well maybe a bit but it is mea culpa.

1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

Not to be pedantic, well maybe a bit but it is mea culpa.

Mr Gut will appear for us, defend us, pro bono of course, we might shout him a few pies for the morning adjournment and luncheon in Chambers lol.

Edited by NSWP

13 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

But the City of Sydney (East) which is the actual hotspot is only a small part of the greater Sydney area. Our part of Sydney is Covid-free at the moment and hopefully will stay that way.ย It's frustrating and annoying. I wish Gladys would lock Sydney down for a few weeks to break the chains of this outbreak. Then I wouldn't have to worry about someone from a hotspot deciding to visit one of their mates in our suburb.ย 

Unfortunately, community virus is not just spreadingย in East Sydney, but also South, W.ย and N.W. Sydney. ย The tracers are doing an excellent job trying to keep on top of it. ย Lockdown helps remind people just how dangerous this virus is and how quickly it spreads.ย ย