Where was I?

2 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Correct. Eilean Donan Castle in the West Highlands of Scotland, just down the coast from Kyle of Lochalsh which is where the bridge goes over to Skye.

We were on a rail "cruising" trip, a four night journey on the Royal Scotsman. Kyle of Lochalsh was one of the overnight stops - not rattling along during the night on that train, it stops every night so people can get a good night's sleep. 

Yippee, send me my cruise tickets, seen that castle twice, once on a coach tour 1997 again on a self drive 2012

16 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Correct. Eilean Donan Castle in the West Highlands of Scotland, just down the coast from Kyle of Lochalsh which is where the bridge goes over to Skye.

We were on a rail "cruising" trip, a four night journey on the Royal Scotsman. Kyle of Lochalsh was one of the overnight stops - not rattling along during the night on that train, it stops every night so people can get a good night's sleep. 

That sounds like a great way to have a train tour.

22 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Yippee, send me my cruise tickets, seen that castle twice, once on a coach tour 1997 again on a self drive 2012

We were there in 2013.

BTW it's your turn to post a photo.

9 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

That sounds like a great way to have a train tour.

It's fantastic. Mind you, the train cabin made the smallest cruise ship cabin look palatial but somehow it all worked. Everything was included and the bar car had 50 different whiskies in stock. It was an amazing trip.

6 minutes ago, Bowm54 said:

Blackpool pleasure beach England.   I recognise 2nd from the left.

No the girls are too good looking to be poms, lol, took that pic off, too easy, everybody would say Bondi Beach.

29 minutes ago, NSWP said:

OK, where is this one taken?  Last one was silly, how about this one...

IMG_1936.JPG

It's an aerial view of Middle Harbour in Sydney. The Spit Bridge can be just seen at the middle right of the photo.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bowm54 said:

I know, it’s Batemans bay.  Everybody knows Blackpool doesn’t have white sand.

No but it does have good looking girls !

I loved Blackpool as a teen many happy memories on the pleasure beach,had a sentimental journey there in 2013 took my daughter and had a ball.

Cheers Carole

5 minutes ago, Elorac123 said:

I loved Blackpool as a teen many happy memories on the pleasure beach,had a sentimental journey there in 2013 took my daughter and had a ball.

Cheers Carole

We went there in 2013 too, just for one night. My mother grew up in Preston before her family emigrated to NZ when she was about 15.

5 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We went there in 2013 too, just for one night. My mother grew up in Preston before her family emigrated to NZ when she was about 15.

Was amazed to see that the “funny girls” show was still going.

Cheers Carole

15 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It's an aerial view of Middle Harbour in Sydney. The Spit Bridge can be just seen at the middle right of the photo.

*****Very sorry for the late prize giving...well done, correct, Middle Harbour Sydney, photo taken on take off from Sydney, enroute to Antarctica.*****

World Cruise tickets in the mail. 😀Looks like you have another turn.

Edited by NSWP

15 hours ago, Elorac123 said:

Cheers Carole

The Blackpool illuminations are a sight to behold as well, all the sea front lit up.  Draws thousands.  We saw it some years ago, one thing I do remember about it is the hundreds of cars with kids heads and upper bodies protruding from the sun roof.  Sun roofs on cars were a big thing in the UK, they want to grab every bit of sun they can.

Edited by NSWP
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Rassa said:

Too hard Ozkiwi.    All I can think of - would it be where Monet painted the water lilies!!!!

Which is exactly where it is. Taken from one end of the small lake at Monet's house and garden in Giverney, France. Such a beautiful place! We sat on a bench under the willow tree for a short rest. It was so peaceful there.

It's so lovely that they have maintained his house and gardens so beautifully. We were there in September 2017 and the gardens were a riot of colour. Just beautiful. Not formal, like many French gardens, but layer upon layer of plants and colours all blending into one another.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

14 minutes ago, Rassa said:

Too hard Ozkiwi.    All I can think of - would it be where Monet painted the water lilies!!!!

Well done.  I thought the same, because this is a world famous photo, but I couldn't remember the name of the place. 

8 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Certainly reminded me of Monet's painting.

Leigh

I tried to capture that effect when I took the photo. So many of his waterlily paintings had the fronds of the willow in them. Who knows, one may have been painted from the exact place I took the photo. 

That was a lovely day trip. We decided to start our Med cruise with a few days in Paris before catching the train to Barcelona. We'd been to Paris a few times before so it was a good place to get over the jet lag without having to sightsee all the time. Giverny was the only "must do" of that part of the trip and it was well worth the effort, plus we got to see some beautiful countryside from the train.

• Like 1

I have obviously been watching too much TV in lockdown.   Monty Don had a series on French gardens - just lovely.

Here is one which is probably easy.   We don't take as many photos these days - we just travel and chill out.393394208_middleeastcruise033.thumb.JPG.cc617fbca9fefd28a212eb1c516c9f54.JPG

44 minutes ago, Rassa said:

I have obviously been watching too much TV in lockdown.   Monty Don had a series on French gardens - just lovely.

Here is one which is probably easy.   We don't take as many photos these days - we just travel and chill out.393394208_middleeastcruise033.thumb.JPG.cc617fbca9fefd28a212eb1c516c9f54.JPGimageproxy.php?img=&key=6ee4bfcebcfde1cbimageproxy.php?img=&key=6ee4bfcebcfde1cb

Suez Canal?