The Daily for Saturday Aug 22, 2020

richwmn

1 hour ago, VintageGeo said:

Thank you Rich for this Daily, and to all who contribute and make it a place for two things this world can always use more of....namely, sharing and caring. We extend our prayers to those on the care list, and our thanks and cheers to those being celebrated.

We are dedicated lurkers to this thread, and so enjoy the pictures and memories. Today is the anniversary of our flight to Fairbanks for our first trip and first cruise, a 13 day triple Denali Noordam cruisetour to celebrate Lori's retirement. We thought we'd share our first look at a braided river.

2037935905_BraidedRiver.thumb.jpg.8aeb52df333b0d40e580fd120a8ba704.jpg

Lori & George

Well Hello Lori & George!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VintageGeo said:

Thank you Rich for this Daily, and to all who contribute and make it a place for two things this world can always use more of....namely, sharing and caring. We extend our prayers to those on the care list, and our thanks and cheers to those being celebrated.

We are dedicated lurkers to this thread, and so enjoy the pictures and memories. Today is the anniversary of our flight to Fairbanks for our first trip and first cruise, a 13 day triple Denali Noordam cruisetour to celebrate Lori's retirement. We thought we'd share our first look at a braided river.

Lori & George

Welcome Lori and George! Enjoy our thread. Only love and happiness here;)

• Like 3

Had a good visit with my oldest. How in the world he got to be 41 I’ll never know. He went for his maiden kayak trip and seemed to enjoy it enough he wants to do it again. 

Thanks Rich for the daily. I’m not sure what I would do if I turned on and tuned in only to find no daily. Thanks everyone who adds to the thread. 

• Like 8

Good evening, everyone.   Welcome to the newcomers!   You'll find a very congenial group here, so join right in!

@rafinmd, Roy, I was just thinking that this stretch now is the longest I have stayed home in decades.   I know it has to be that way for you since  you retired.   I hope withdrawal isn't too painful. 

I'm going to add to the pictures.  Mine are titled Once Upon a Time as they were all on a HAL ship.  The first two shots were in the Lido and the last two were in the Pinnacle Grill looking out the window.   Ms. Veendam, January 2011.  

Orchids 1.jpg

Orchids 2.jpg

Orchids 3.jpg

Orchids 4.jpg

• Like 10

Such a highlight to a day!  Warm, friendly people, sharing beautiful photos, and encouraging thoughts.  

When we lived in Florida, I loved when the peaches arrived from states to the north (GA and SC)!  Unfortunately our Colorado peach crop this year suffered a hard freeze at a vulnerable time, so harvest is very reduced.  Think we will get plenty in our valley,  it none shipped out.

Prayers for all those who have need!  And happy celebrating.  Thanks for continued prayers for all in the path of fires, and for firefighters!

Have a good night and Great Sunday.

• Like 7

Late to the party today. Took DS shopping for DGD's back to school clothes. That was an adventure. Shopping with a 4 year old! She picked out a jacket that was a size 2. Tried to get her to change to a 4 that would fit. Noooooo! 🤣 Dealt with DD's hissy fit because (gasp!) someone was using the microwave which interfered with her online course (I get it, it just didn't need a tantrum). Ended up eating, not a peach-which I should have- but a deep fried strawberry rhubarb hand pie. I wish I'd have had a chickpea salad. With my screen name.....I love anything Mickey Mouse!

Welcome to all of the newcomers!

Thanks to all who contribute starting with Rich's fleet locations, Rich's Care List, Joy's cartoons/memes and the many, many people sharing their pictures.

Have a Blessed Sunday! Be well. Stay safe. Be kind.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the Daily Rich.  I'm very late today, just as I was starting to read the thread my DGD came over to swim so one thing led to another.  I love the tooth fairy, my father was a dentist so to me he was my angel.  I'm not a big fruit fan, but a good juicy peach is really good.  Passing on the menu suggestion even though it sounds good.

Welcome to all the new posters!  We are a friendly group, love flowers, gardens, nature, food, hummingbirds, cruises and much much more.

Have a great evening everyone!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, VintageGeo said:

Lori & George

Nice to see you posting 🙂. Thanks for sharing your experience and welcome to the Daily 🙂

• Like 2

11 hours ago, lindaler said:

Had a good visit with my oldest. How in the world he got to be 41 I’ll never know. He went for his maiden kayak trip and seemed to enjoy it enough he wants to do it again. 

Thanks Rich for the daily. I’m not sure what I would do if I turned on and tuned in only to find no daily. Thanks everyone who adds to the thread. 

Glad you introduced your son to the joy of kayaking. It is such a great experience!

• Like 2

On 8/23/2020 at 9:58 PM, erewhon said:

On which ship were you to sail?

Zaandam 

I really was looking forward to it until it became very clear no guests would be sailing  😞

2 hours ago, sail7seas said:

Zaandam 

I really was looking forward to it until it became very clear no guests would be sailing  😞

Thank you for your reply.

Hopefully in the future, there will be an opportunity for you to sail on the Zaandam.

Edited by erewhon