Suite school is in session

Tree_skier

7 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

All the ATS's on Harmony and Symphony are smaller then their counterparts on the Oasis/Allure.

mac_tlc

Ummm My understanding was the ATS on Harmony and Symphony are larger than Oasis and Allure. 
We had 11330 on Harmony and people in our Cabin Crawl said they had 11330 on Oasis and Harmony was 2x the size with a much better bathroom... 

4 hours ago, irishgal432 said:

I do enjoy the side CL but, if budget is an issue than book a GS for less. Did not care for the AT higher suites.  It was too noisy.  All the amenities are the same and then you can budget for extras. The only thing that was different is we received a bottle of champagne from the hotel director in the CL. Even though you say your Star may be out of price range, if you are purchasing the UDP, and Beverage package, it may be better to look at STAR.  Keep in mind the grats are also included.  

Gratuity is included but the Genie works hard for you and deserve a good tip!

To the OP
It really depends on what you want from your experience. 
If you are looking for the perks, I would save the money and go with the GS or the OS. The OS has a separate shower and a Jacuzzi tub, the GS has a combo shower/tub
The CL seems more glitz and glam.  As mentioned in other posts, have the 2 bathrooms upstairs/downstairs the positive is it is right near the Suite Lounge and CK. My personal opinion it seems a little too narrow and for my, the stairs aren't great for my bad leg.
The ATS is a long walk but it was well worth it for me... The best of both worlds, ocean view and  Boardwalk view. We did not find it too loud on Harmony, I am not sure about Allure and Oasis.

6 minutes ago, George C said:

We normally do grand suites but did really enjoy our only owner’s suite on oasis , but really do not need all that space for the two of us. Currently looking at a reasonable grand suite of Liberty for end of February. 

That's what I'm booked on right now end of feb and posted above for Liberty. My solo price about $3300 for grand suite. April 25 my solo price for owners suite also around $3300. There is a texas discount showing up on my mock booking I rarely see. Looks like you are in texas too. 

Only the one owners suite left for april 25 at that price. Biggest difference I can see is balcony larger on owners suite but same price for me as feb 28th grand suite. I'm a bit worried about feb if it will go. Check out the april price too. I cant lift and shift as I have other already booked.

13 minutes ago, George C said:

We normally do grand suites but did really enjoy our only owner’s suite on oasis , but really do not need all that space for the two of us. Currently looking at a reasonable grand suite of Liberty for end of February. 

That's what I'm booked on right now end of feb and posted above for Liberty. My solo price about $3300 for grand suite. April 25 my solo price for owners suite also around $3300. There is a texas discount showing up on my mock booking I rarely see. Looks like you are in texas too. 

Only the one owners suite left for april 25 at that price. Biggest difference I can see is balcony larger on owners suite but same price for me as feb 28th grand suite. I'm a bit worried about feb if it will go. Check out the april price too. I cant lift and shift as I have other already booked.

11 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Inspired by the "best deal on Star" thread I decided to look into doing something a little more than usual for our 30th wedding anniversary.  Looking at the Star class suites prices I've decided that that is a little more than I want to spend.  However, Sky seems doable.  

The anniversary is March 2023 and assuming schedules stay the same as 2022 ( I know that that is a crazy assumption) I've decided on Oasis doing an Eastern Caribbean.  I figure that no matter what the schedule shakes to be there will be at least a couple of Oasis class ships doing eastern Caribbeans to choose from so this has a little basis in reality anyways. 

The two suites that I like the look of are the 1 bed Aqua or the CLS.  My first thought was to go with the Aqua but then I noticed that the CLS was actually bigger and when looking at 2022 prices in March it actually comes in a little cheaper.  

School is starting so I thought I would ask the first essay question of the year...

"Compare and contrast your experiences in a 1 bed Aqua suite and a Crown Loft suite."

For those that have only done one...

"What part of your experience, staying in a Crown Loft/1 Bed Aqua, was most significant or memorable."

CLS all the way. Don’t even question it

• Like 1

12 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Thanks for the info , will call later although I am not sure about the end of February also, I do get a diamond plus discount and possibly Texas and veterans discount. We did Liberty for first time right after they opened the suite lounge which is pretty nice. We already have a celebrity edge booked in sky suite, we had a February music charter in royal suite which was postponed to 2022. 

23 minutes ago, George C said:

Thanks for the info , will call later although I am not sure about the end of February also, I do get a diamond plus discount and possibly Texas and veterans discount. We did Liberty for first time right after they opened the suite lounge which is pretty nice. We already have a celebrity edge booked in sky suite, we had a February music charter in royal suite which was postponed to 2022. 

I'm not getting the texas promo today on mock bookings. But seems like military works today. Senior only works today on that april 25th date, not the February 28 date. But that texas promo gone today on the dates from yesterday. Good luck. 

13 hours ago, George C said:

I wanted to try an OS for the dining table

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LilBlackDress said:

Ummm My understanding was the ATS on Harmony and Symphony are larger than Oasis and Allure. 
We had 11330 on Harmony and people in our Cabin Crawl said they had 11330 on Oasis and Harmony was 2x the size with a much better bathroom... 

That is true of the A3/A4, but the A1/A2 is better on Oasis and Allure

15 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

It’s not to stay it isn’t great on the lower decks, but the stewards are run more ragged compared to deck 17.

This is true. For example, the ATS attendant also has to tend to a bunch of regular cabins by him/herself. When there is only one person it takes a while for them to get around to every cabin and the ATS alone can be over an hour's worth of work each morning. On Deck 17, with two per cabin they are more flexible about when they do the cleaning and turn-down service and they are always just a phone call away if you need them. (We also let them know our usual schedule to help them plan their day and they have always accommodated us.) They are also awesome people, the best of the best as you say and there is some job security that comes with knowing they are unlikely to get reassigned to another deck. It does seem like the lead is usually chattier and more outgoing while the assistant is all business but I assume that's just the pecking order.

I didn't know about the grats but we always reward both of them anyway.

Both me and my wife are having big time withdrawals. Next cruise on the books is over a year away.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

My vote is for the CLS. Deck 17 is so quiet and just has a peaceful feeling to it. We also love the 2 bathrooms. The stairs were a problem for my husband one night due to Chefs Table, so he just slept on the sofa.

I think you stated the biggest problem and the biggest benefit (love your logon name) 

• Like 1

Stairs are an issue for me, but I would still pick a CL!  There is a hand rail and a ledge on the opposite side that make the stairs doable for me.  I agree with all the comments stated about Deck 17 but the main reason I would pick the CL is this view:

100_1560.JPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MaryEBS said:

Stairs are an issue for me, but I would still pick a CL!  There is a hand rail and a ledge on the opposite side that make the stairs doable for me.  I agree with all the comments stated about Deck 17 but the main reason I would pick the CL is this view:

100_1560.JPG

Wow, great picture... I'm torn between the side vs the centre.  I can see how the ones over near the bball court might be problematic but the centre ones look like they have some great views and aren't as exposed.  At least according the YouTube video I looked at.

• Like 2

This would be the aft CLS view of ships that have the Abyss. You also get the a great 180 view of the ocean with the ability to people watch at the same time. 

And on a side note if you are a flow-rider you can see the line length very easy. You can also be waved up, when it is time to come back to shower for dinner. 😉

47106943-BF09-4A29-B6B8-686BA1F93CF7.thumb.jpeg.9860295d8c6752b601ad135201e6bc4a.jpeg

You still get great sun rise and sets. 

E1F60838-368A-4C50-AE78-BD61C0C65B6A.thumb.jpeg.639afe09c209944f6da55b1e296cfe2b.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Wow, great picture... I'm torn between the side vs the centre.  I can see how the ones over near the bball court might be problematic but the centre ones look like they have some great views and aren't as exposed.  At least according the YouTube video I looked at.

We have done both side and aft and we prefer aft for the people and FlowRider watching and great views off both sides of the ship and behind. However, the side view is priceless and private.

The basketball court should be avoided because of the incessant bouncing ball noise all day long. Port side near the minigolf course is quieter and our preference. On the sides of the ship near the center of the deck there seems to be more noise/vibration from the exhaust stacks and we also still heard a lot music on the balcony, so it's not entirely quiet there either. On the aft balconies there is sometimes a bit of soot accumulation but it hasn't been too bad.

812B4B4D-949A-4BC8-BF7C-3DC82EB7F580.thumb.jpeg.611a5c565c99766b6ebea2a5254fb9cc.jpeg

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

That is true of the A3/A4, but the A1/A2 is better on Oasis and Allure

I think the only ones better on Harmony/Symphony are the A3's on deck 11 & 14. Those were retrofitted on Oasis/Allure where the Harmony/Symphony had them originally "designed in". The A1's on deck 8 and the A2's on decks 9 & 10 are noticeably bigger on O/A vs/ H/S. Here are two pictures: The first is of the Oasis, the second of the Symphony.  Note the diagonal ship structure as a point of reference. 

First deck shown is deck 7, A1's are on deck 8. On Oasis there is room on the balcony to stand behind the diagonal structure, in fact our dining table that seated 8 was there to keep it in the shade. On Symphony,  the room wall protrudes beyond the ship structure.

IMG_3107.thumb.JPG.389d5cb786971e6e0c6ec0835e58e932.JPG

IMG_4947.JPG

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Thanks 1

Our favorite suite on the Royal Oasis class ships is the Crown loft suite.  First you have two bathrooms!  The suite is two stories. The view of the sea is wonderful.  Plenty of storage- and room for two or more people.  The location, next to the suite restaurant and lounge is so convenient.

We can never go back to an owners or grand suite.  We love the side scan view.  Quiet and beautiful views.

Edited by Cruise a holic
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Pratique said:

We have done both side and aft and we prefer aft for the people and FlowRider watching and great views off both sides of the ship and behind. However, the side view is priceless and private.

The basketball court should be avoided because of the incessant bouncing ball noise all day long. Port side near the minigolf course is quieter and our preference. On the sides of the ship near the center of the deck there seems to be more noise/vibration from the exhaust stacks and we also still heard a lot music on the balcony, so it's not entirely quiet there either. On the aft balconies there is sometimes a bit of soot accumulation but it hasn't been too bad.

812B4B4D-949A-4BC8-BF7C-3DC82EB7F580.thumb.jpeg.611a5c565c99766b6ebea2a5254fb9cc.jpeg

Great pic, thanks... I'm still looking at different YouTube videos right now.  There seems so many pros and cons for both... Tough call.

3 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

That is the way I'm leaning 🙂 

DO NOT get one of the CL’s directly next door to suite lounge.  Unless you want to hear dishes being done all night (oasis/allure - can’t vouch for Harmony/Symphony) 

We always book middle of the hallway because of this.

59 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

This would be the aft CLS view of ships that have the Abyss. You also get the a great 180 view of the ocean with the ability to people watch at the same time. 

And on a side note if you are a flow-rider you can see the line length very easy. You can also be waved up, when it is time to come back to shower for dinner. 😉

47106943-BF09-4A29-B6B8-686BA1F93CF7.thumb.jpeg.9860295d8c6752b601ad135201e6bc4a.jpeg

You still get great sun rise and sets. 

E1F60838-368A-4C50-AE78-BD61C0C65B6A.thumb.jpeg.639afe09c209944f6da55b1e296cfe2b.jpeg

Oh my you are selling this one!!!

5 minutes ago, TheMastodon said:

DO NOT get one of the CL’s directly next door to suite lounge.  Unless you want to hear dishes being done all night (oasis/allure - can’t vouch for Harmony/Symphony) 

We always book middle of the hallway because of this.

Thanks, that's good to know.

Add me to the list of side facing CLS lovers.  I haven't stayed in an ATS, so I can't compare, but the deck 17 experience is great.  Not a completely private suite area, but close to it.  As others have said, having 2 bathrooms is really nice.  I took the downstairs bathroom and closet while my wife took upstairs.  Great to be able to spread out.