9-3-20 Thursday Weigh-In..1st Weigh-In Of September...Are You Ready?

Belle

1st weigh-in of September Today

Plus it's a month of Birthdays

We will smile as we get older on our Birthdays

Will it stop us from eating cake on our Day

We will weigh even if ate to much on our own Holiday

Yes because we know we have to weigh-in on Thursdays

Loss or gains on the scale Today

We will smile because today, different tomorrows it will be someones Birthday

We don't have to gain  and still can enjoy our Birthdays

But if we do we will smile and weigh-in on Thursdays

Loss's are our goal everyday of the week especially Thursdays

But Birthdays are special and we deserve a  treat on once a year Day

I'm just "babbling" on about Birthdays..is it because I just had one?...I'm older..Is my mind going?:classic_ohmy::classic_laugh:

Happy Birthday to whoever is next. Think it's Diana. Then Jan?  Am I right or wrong?

Everyone have Good Friday.:classic_love:

HI all!

Belle ~ birthdays are special & to me require cake! MIne is 3 months tomorrow.

Well, I have been doing MFP & thought I was doing pretty good denying myself but still am up 0.2 lbs.

I did bake some peach blueberry cupcakes yesterday so guess I'll have to resist them or maybe freeze them.

Anyhow it is what it is & there's always tomorrow.😉

Take care & stay safe.

~ Jo ~ 😊

Hello, 

Belle for our poem.

My bday is tomorrow the 4th. I stayed the same again. A miracle considering my hubby is giving me treats for my bday. I'm trying to enjoy a little of the treats. 

Jan and Jo, smalls gains. Hopefully next week is better. 

Have a good day, Diana

I’m new to this thread.  Have been watching wt since early July.   Had a health wake up call with  A1C 9.8 ( means diabetes out of control) .  Up to that time I had lost 10# due lack of appetite — I never thought I would see anorexia  as a diagnosis.  No I’m not a skinny Minnie .   As of  last week I’m down another 18lb.  But I’ve stalled out no loss this week.  ( A1C down to 7.5. Goal is 6  this on diet alone no meds)

i have set reachable goals

get to one-derland -  means get out of 200s   DONE

now focusing on the next 25  ( overall need 50 more)

get out of clothes with an X 

• Like 2

Morning everyone! 

Happy belated birthday Belle! Hope you had a great one. Thanks for getting us started. 

Happy early Birthday Diana! Maybe some treats will be just what your body needs to get your weight moving again. 🤷‍♀️ A little something to shake things up...

Sorry for your gains Jan and Mel - hopefully they will melt off with this heat! Are you all still getting all this summer heat?

Welcome Izena! hopefully this little group can help you succeed with all of your goals! 

I myself am down 1#. So I lost the .8 I gained last week plus an extra .2. 🙂 Only .4 to go and I'll be at the same weight I reached last year, just before my cruise, which was the lowest I'd been in several years. Yay! 

Have a great long weekend everyone! I'm heading to my lake house for a week but taking my weights with me and I plan to stick to my weekly workouts and watch my diet and alcohol intake. Plus get in lots of swimming!!

• Like 1

Belle, thank you for getting us started again. Birthday dinners don't have calories if accompanied by flowers / cake / ice cream because the alcohol in the wine negates it. That's my stance and I'll stick to it

Happy Early Birthday, Diana & Jan! This really seems to be the birthday month 

Jo, its blueberry season here!! Making muffibs too and taking them to my son's house for dinner.  Better there than at home. I don't need leftovers 

Irena, thats FANTASTIC that you've managed to lower your A1C thru food choices!! That's really the ultimate goals isn’t it?

Robin, congratulations on getting back to your past low

That ice cream didn't seem to throw me off as much as I feared. I guess once a week isn't so bad

• Like 1

Good Afternoon All.

Jan...You\ll get the small gain off by your Birthday I'm sure.

Jo...Your Birthday is just around the corner.  Know you will get the small gain off.

Diana..What a sweet husband to treat you to treats for your Birthday. Happy Birthday!

Izena..Welcome. What a great job your doing on your weight loss and ATC.

Robin...Thanks.  Nice you had a loss. Envy you get to go to the lake for a week. Enjoy!

Ombud..Like your thinking on Birthday dinners and cake.:classic_smile:

Well I gained but I not counting it. My reason, do you think I'm right.

I was sick and lost the 10 lbs fast. Didn't eat for a few days but when I felt better..I ate.

Gained 5 but kept 5 off. I'm happy I kept some off because after being sick when you eat and drink

usually gain it all back drinking the water that left your body.  I'm sticking to it!

Everyone have a good Holiday Weekend.  I guess Canada doesn't have this 3 day weekend but you

can celebrate with us and do whatever you want. 

Take care everyone, wear your masks and even stay indoors. The 3 day is really suppose be hot and you will

have crazy people out there doing what there not suppose to be doing.  Afraid the counts will be going up even more

in a week because of :them"!

• Like 1

Hi Belle,

I'm here. Bummed we can't even go out to dinner tomorrow.

Thanks all for the birthday wishes.

Welcome Izena, nice to have you. You've done a great job losing and getting your health on track.

Robin, good to have a loss, have a great time at your lake house. 

Ombud, I like how you think...wine negates acalories. Works for me....

Safe safe and healthy, Diana

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DIANA!  🎂🍨🍹  Sorry you can't go out on your Birthday..Do what I did..Take Out...

Better than nothing!  Stay Safe on your day.  Plus remember there's still the party room..always there

by myself with dancing men and band.  Not bad!:classic_smile:

Belle, thanks for the birthday wishes. Glad the dancing men are still there. 

Hubby is cooking me dinner, shrimp and scallop pasta. Decent restaurants for us are a 30 min. drive each way and by the time you get home everything is cold, wilted,  etc. Would rather cook.

Hubby left me sweet notes around the house. Aww. Think I'll keep him😁

Take care, Diana

Edited by winewanderer

Happy Birthday Diana!! Your dinner plans sound fantastic!! Hopefully DH is doing the clean up as well? He sounds like a sweetie, leaving you notes. 🥰

Belle good job on keeping off 5#, that's is great!

Ombud - I really like your thinking on birthday dinners as well! If only that were true. 🎂🍷

Us Canucks up here also get a long weekend, it's Labour Day for us. The last long weekend of summer, just before school goes back. And we like to go to the lake for that reason - after Monday all the seasonal people with kids are gone so the lake is nice, quiet and peaceful once again. 

Hi all!

DIana ~ sounds like a nice birthday you have planned. May you have many more happy healthy ones.

Izena ~ welcome to the thread! You've done great so far, congrats!

I should have chosen today's weight which is down 1.2 lbs from yesterday's!! I had a low calorie count yesterday on MFP. I made a little list of all my snacks so can see how the calories in a day are going, then know what I can have later

Those lovely blueberry peach cupcakes I made, I froze so I don't have to resist them. They'll be nice in winter.

Have a nice long weekend & stay safe.

~ Jo ~ 😊

Happy Birthday, Diana!  Happy Belated, Belle (and glad you are feeling better).  Welcome, Izena - great job taking control of your health.  Hello again to everyone else 🙂 

Sorry I've been m.i.a. - been busy at home and with kid's school.  DD is back at campus and DS is back at school.  Last week I was down 1# and this week I'm down one more.  Trying a new exercise class tonight called "Pound" which is a workout with drumsticks.  Hoping it will be fun 🙂 

Will try to post more, but also finding a peace being on the computer less.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Oh, more birthday wishes, thanks everyone. 

Robin, yes hubby will clean up too, however, he does not clean well so I generally have to clean things again after he "cleans" them. Bless his heart though. Enjoy your peaceful week at the lake after the holiday crowd leaves. Sounds heavenly. 

Jo, yes, take today's weight, much better!

Pacruise, great you've lost a couple of lbs. 

Belle, forgot to congratulate you on not gaining back all the weight from your tummy episode. 

Stay safe and healthy. 

Diana

Edited by winewanderer
  • Thanks 1

I was down .1# for the official weigh in yesterday, but I'm like Jo and wish it was today because I'm down another .7 overnight. Finally headed in the right direction! Must be all that dancing for Belle's birthday!

Diana - Happy birthday! 

Jo - Great being down, no mater what day it is!

Jan - Sorry you are up this week. 

Izena - You have made great progress so far!

Robin - Nice loss!

Ombud - I wish I could keep my cheats down to once a week. Sounds like you're doing great!

Belle - Nice not to gain it all back. 

Pacruise - Nice loss too!

• Like 3

Diana, it's HOT!! walked the dog at 7am and hoping it'll cool down enough by 7pm that I can walk again. If so, that's my routine until Tuesday

Oops .... make it Wednesday (Today = 104°, Sunday = 111°, Monday " 106°, Tuesday = 100°, Wednesday 'just' 95° 😓) Not as bad as Sacramento County & we'll break earlier

Edited by Ombud

wow - I really feel for you folks on the heat ... that would be way too much do to anything besides stay in the house in air conditioning.  RIght now it is 71 degrees here .... I've spent most of the day outside working in the flower gardens ... fall is in the air and everything needs to be cut back ...I have some sort of sensitivity to the plan leaves and I now have red bumps and they itch.   It will go away in a little while.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend (and a long one for some of us)...  Jan

A hint for those who live in “hot” states.. I’m in Houston area and it has been hot and humid.  I walk 1,5 miles every morning.    What has helped is a mini usb fan that  hangs ifrom my neck.  I tuck the small handle in bra to keep it from swinging.  It has 3 speeds and is easily recharged.   I wouldn’t be able to walk without it.  Got it on amazon costs abt $15.   

Hello,

Monday afternoon. Hope everyone is having a safe holiday weekend.

Our weather today....weird. It's 108 and the sky looks overcast (well actually, you can't see the sky). But it isn't overcast, it's smoke and pollution from fires. Horrible. 

Haven't done much this weekend: the heat and air pollution has kept us inside as well as concerns about people gathering like they are not supposed to be doing. 

I weighed myself Sunday a.m. after birthday treat eating and so far, no gain. Yeah. 

Take care everyone, be safe, stay healthy.

Diana

Edited by winewanderer

111° & strange that this Sierra smoke is even here. It must be horrible where you are, Diana

Izena, I have central air but I followed your suggestion and moved an old fan into the family room

My grandson told me yesterday that a piece of his tooth broke off so I hope my dentist will see him without insurance.  Fingers crossed 🤞 

Ombud, yes, the smoke really bad here. We are getting it from a Plumas County fire north of us, the Sierra fire, the Sonoma county fire and the Vacaville fire. Then with the heat, once it comes here, it sits. Until we get some Delta brezzes, maybe next week, our air will stay abd.

I can't believe the first day of Fall is in 2 weeks. Hopefully by then we have some better air. 

Diana