Australia 2021/2022 Release

cruisefan2012

I read on this forum on my mobile phone the Princess Cruises Australia 2021/2022 brochure release launch 

Now I`m on my laptop days later,  I cant find it 

Could somebody kindly please link to this thread the Australia 21/22 links

I want to do Sydney New Zealand in 2023 / 2024 for my pending 40th............. I would like to compare prices from what I`ve seen for 2021 ( prior to this new launch ) 

Thank you in Advance 

Edited by cruisefan2012

We were booked for 33 days this November/December. B2B2B all in the same cabin - a nice Caribe Deck balcony almost all the way aft on Sapphire Princess. Beverage package, gratuities, WiFi, and over $1,700 AUD OBC. Southern Australia/New Zealand/Queensland. The stupid virus killed it. We will definitely be trying to do something like this when travel to the area is possible.

Edited by Thrak

IMSYDNEYAUS

Thank you - Much appreciated 

I should have done this cruise on Dawn Princess about 3-4 years ago but had to cancel - Gutted was NOT the word

THRAK

I should have been sailing from Southampton to Norway, Iceland, Ireland on P&O Aurora in August 2020 but cancelled due to this fecking virus !!

Cruisefan2012

I just looked at the Princess site and am utterly amazed to see early 2021 cruises for Australia and New Zealand listed. I really don't think these cruises can possibly happen. I could re-book the cruises that were cancelled in this new time slot but simply don't believe they will actually sail. Oddly enough, looking at the January sailings they are way cheaper than what we had booked. For instance, the 13 day New Zealand segment - with the full package - is $724 per person less.

11 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I just looked at the Princess site and am utterly amazed to see early 2021 cruises for Australia and New Zealand listed. I really don't think these cruises can possibly happen. I could re-book the cruises that were cancelled in this new time slot but simply don't believe they will actually sail. Oddly enough, looking at the January sailings they are way cheaper than what we had booked. For instance, the 13 day New Zealand segment - with the full package - is $724 per person less.

We are booked for round New Zealand and then all around Australia for Feb 2021.

I doubt it will happen.  Sent cancellation request to my TA 6/28.  Has yet to be cancelled by them.

They said not to worry they are going through requests by sail date order.

On 9/6/2020 at 9:16 PM, IMSYDNEYAUS said:

Here is a copy of the programme release.  If you’re sailing Sydney to Auckland I’d suggest a cabin on the port side to get the best views, particularly between the sounds.  http://static.cdn.responsys.net/i2/responsysimages/content/princessau/200903_Brox_AU_LRC.pdf

The 2022 cruises in this brochure are not listed on the UK Princess web site. I also checked the web site of a well know US cruise travel agent and they are not listed there either.

Perhaps these cruises are only being sold to Australia and New Zealand residents. Also, are the prices in US$ or AUD$?

Is anyone able to clarify?

Thank you.

Edited by YORKI1
mistake

5 minutes ago, YORKI1 said:

The 2022 cruises in this brochure are not listed on the UK Princess web site. I also checked the web site of a well know US cruise travel agent and they are not listed there either.

Perhaps these cruises are only being sold to Australia and New Zealand residents. Also, are the prices in US$ or AUD$?

Is anyone able to clarify?

Supposedly open for sale 16SEP. 

The Princess on-line brochure that has Aust/NZ cruises is in AUD. Princes include fees and taxes and (for Aust/NZers), gratuities as well. They are open for sale at 9am on 16th September, but Elite members get a 24 hour head start. This date and time are Australian Eastern Standard Time (Sydney/Brisbane time).

On 9/8/2020 at 3:31 PM, Thrak said:

We are still hoping Feb cruise from Sydney will go. After our March & April cruises from Sydney this year were cancelled we rebooked for Feb. & March of 2021, foolishly thinking the virus would have disappeared by then. Just going to hold on for now to see what happens in the next 3 months--final payment not due until mid-December for the first cruise (to Fiji on the Majestic Princess). Even if the cruises are sailing by then, the determining factor may be whether Australia will let us come in without a long quarantine. We plan to stay on the Majestic to Hong Kong, which is another questionable destination. 

Carnival Corp press release:

Princess Cruises Announces Australia & New Zealand Itineraries for 2021-22

One of the Largest Deployments Offered with Five Ships Sailing to 82 Desired Destinations in 19 Countries

SANTA CLARITA, Calif., (September 8, 2020) – With once-in-a-lifetime opportunities for seaside exploration, cultural immersion, unique wildlife, regional wine and magical landscapes, Princess Cruises announced destination-rich itineraries for the cruise line’s upcoming Australia and New Zealand 2021-2022 season, on sale September 16, 2020, that also includes visiting popular South Pacific tropical destinations of Fiji, Papa New Guinea, New Caledonia, and Vanuatu.

One of its largest deployments ever offered, five ships will sail to 82 destinations in 19 countries on 59 unique itineraries. Royal Princess, Emerald Princess, Sapphire Princess, Coral Princess, and Pacific Princess will cruise this season with voyages ranging in length from two to 36 days. Options abound with sailings between a variety of homeports including Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Auckland, as well as journeys afar to Southeast Asia and North America.

Itinerary highlights of the Australia and New Zealand October 2021 through April 2022 season for bucket-list aficionados comprise:

• Roundtrip New Zealand sailings ranging from 11 to 14 days, from a variety of homeports in Australia including Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney. Itineraries feature the famed Marlborough Wine Region (from Picton) and scenic cruising of the glacier-carved fjords of Fiordland National Park.
  • Australia & New Zealand voyages between Sydney and Auckland traveling to key home ports including Melbourne and Christchurch on Royal Princess and Emerald Princess.
  • Circumnavigate the “Down Under” continent on a Round Australia voyage departing from Sydney and Brisbane, including visits to Cairns for the Great Barrier Reef and scenic cruising of the epic Kimberley Coast.
  • Discover the remote island of Tasmania on roundtrip voyages from five to 10 days from Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney.
  • Visit many islands of the South Pacific including Fiji, Hawaii & Tahiti, New Caledonia & Vanuatu or Papua New Guinea & Solomon Islands on a variety of voyages ranging from 11 to 35 days.
  • Variety of Hawaii, Tahiti & South Pacific Crossing voyages connecting North America to Australia in fall 2021 and spring 2022, ranging from 27 to 29 days.
  • Several two- to four-day Australia and Tasmania Getaway cruises from Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne with stops in Newcastle, Eden and Hobart.

Offering more time to maximize the experience in each locale, Princess lists 14 destinations with late-night, or “More Ashore” stays, including Auckland, Darwin, Hobart and. Sydney, to name a few.

Access to 11 UNESCO World Heritage sites including:

• Tasmanian Wilderness (from Burnie) – one of the largest conservation areas in Australia covering nearly 20 percent of Tasmania.
  • Greater Blue Mountains with the chance to gaze up at the Three Sisters spectacular rock formation (from Sydney).
  • Chief Roi Mata’s Domain (from Port Vila) – the most notable chief in Vanuatu's history, the "domain" is the first site inscribed in Vanuatu and is a triangle including his old tribe village, his burial grounds, as well as the cave where he supposedly died.
  • Komodo National Park (on Komodo Island in Indonesia) - founded in 1980 to protect the Komodo Dragon, the world's largest lizard.

Two Cruisetour options – Australian Outback and Ultimate Australia - offer guests the
opportunity to visit the Great Barrier Reef and Uluru National Park’s iconic Ayers Rock,
combining a multi-night land tour with a traditional cruise. Guests also spend time in world-class cities like Sydney, Darwin and Cairns.

OceanMedallionTM Transforms the Cruise Experience
Onboard MedallionClass™ ships sailing Australia and New Zealand itineraries,
the OceanMedallion wearable device transforms vacations by making the entire cruise
experience effortless, delivering highly personalized service and enabling touchless interactive experiences and entertainment. Among enhancements, guests enjoy streamlined boarding; ondemand food, beverage, retail and service delivery; keyless stateroom entry; contactless payment; friends and family locator; anywhere wagering; interactive games; and movies/live TV on the go.

Full release at https://www.carnivalcorp.com/news-releases/news-release-details/princess-cruises-announces-australia-new-zealand-itineraries

On 9/10/2020 at 9:14 AM, 40yearcruiser said:

We are still hoping Feb cruise from Sydney will go. After our March & April cruises from Sydney this year were cancelled we rebooked for Feb. & March of 2021, foolishly thinking the virus would have disappeared by then. Just going to hold on for now to see what happens in the next 3 months--final payment not due until mid-December for the first cruise (to Fiji on the Majestic Princess). Even if the cruises are sailing by then, the determining factor may be whether Australia will let us come in without a long quarantine. We plan to stay on the Majestic to Hong Kong, which is another questionable destination. 

I think it is more likely to be will you be allowed in at all. At present, Australians overseas cannot get back - a mix of factors including a cap on the number of arrivals. Add to that that Qantas has said it will not be resuming international flights until mid 2021 and international travel of any kind will be a rarity till then. I strongly suspect that a Feb 2021 cruise will not happen. Current ban on cruising is to 17 December 2020 and I wouldn't be surprised to see it extended.

Edited by Aussieflyer

Yes, we will be watching closely any news of when Australia will again allow international travelers to enter. It doesn't look promising, but we're holding on to our reservations until final payment date or Princess cancels. I just checked the Qantas website and our flight reservation is still active. The website says international flights suspended to end of October 2020, but of course that will probably be extended. Trying to be optimistic that the day will come when COVID will be under control, either with a vaccine or herd immunity. Just hoping I'll live to see the day 😏.

On 9/8/2020 at 5:53 PM, Ombud said:

Did anyone else notice that Sea Princess & Sun Princess are missing from Australia & NewZealand?

Sea on website to Nov 9, 2021

Sun on website to August 2021 

I didn't see the Golden Princess mentioned anywhere either.

10 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Thats because the Golden is no longer part of:

The Princess Fleet

Edited by Ombud

9 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Golden Princess has already left the fleet, even if there is no pandemic and suspended cruises.

In the original plan, her farewell cruise would be in this month. Then she will enter drydock in Singapore in October to be converted to Pacific Adventure of P&O Cruises Australia.

The drydock work is possibly postponed.

If Australia continues to ban cruise ships for long period, I am not sure if Princess will keep Golden Princess for some more time, but the chance is low.