New Summer 2021 Itinerary changes

irishgal432

36 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

Well, I guess I will start looking for 2022 British Isles cruises to be released in a couple months and hope I can score the rooms we want. Or maybe we should just do a land trip to Europe...

Celebrity has a 12 night British Isles cruise from Amsterdam, Reflection July 30, 2021

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Oh my...So sorry...I know you were looking forward to your July cruise.

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for my July 30th British Isles on X.

Perhaps these changes were made to strengthen Reflection bookings from Amsterdam

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

Celebrity has a 12 night British Isles cruise from Amsterdam, Reflection July 30, 2021

Yes..they do...and am looking forward to it. Knowing that I came so close to booking with RCI instead ..Whew!!

17 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

Thanks. I don't think I will be able to convince all four families involved to take the plunge for another cruise the way things are right now. We will try to plan something fun here in the states for next summer, and hope for a post COVID British Isles adventure down the road.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

To avoid competition between partners

No...I don't believe this is a strategy RCI uses.

Why would they want to piss off a long ago heavily booked popular itinerary. 

Reflection is heavily booked also so this makes no sense.

2 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

We had a 10 might Iberian peninsula cruise on JOS cancelled in Sept 21. 
The email talks about listening to feedback and market reach. Anyone know the real reason for the changes?

We are (or maybe 'were') booked on a 10 night Iberian cruise on Jewel. Sail date 9/13/21.  

I assume that is now cancelled?  We haven't gotten any notification as yet.

7 minutes ago, barreloflafs said:

We are (or maybe 'were') booked on a 10 night Iberian cruise on Jewel. Sail date 9/13/21.  

I assume that is now cancelled?  We haven't gotten any notification as yet.

Yes, the Jewel cruises from Barcelona were cancelled. It looks like Jewel will do Canada & New England cruises in the fall after it leaves Scandinavia.  

image.thumb.jpeg.12c743fb2573b02a6feb38f56a2e3047.jpeg

Edited by NancyIL

8 minutes ago, Ashland said:

No...I don't believe this is a strategy RCI uses.

Why would they want to piss off a long ago heavily booked popular itinerary. 

Reflection is heavily booked also so this makes no sense.

You have to see the full picture They were competing the same routes The Baltic with Russia and the British Islands from Amsterdam, The bookings in the Reflection to the Baltic are few. Although it sounds strange, why have two ships in the same city with the same itineraries if the demand for cruises is not enough?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Suncoastsailors said:

5/23 Adventure of Seas....Ship change to Jewel. Ports changed from Stockholm, St Petersburg, Tallinn to Helsinki, Tallinn and Visby. For this we receive $50 OBC. I am thinking cancel, but I would be interested in other opinions since I have not been to any of these ports. Thank You

Tallinn is really cool, Helsinki is nice, Visby looks a lot like Tallinn 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

You have to see the full picture They were competing the same routes The Baltic with Russia and the British Islands from Amsterdam, The bookings in the Reflection to the Baltic are few. Although it sounds strange, why have two ships in the same city with the same itineraries if the demand for cruises is not enough?

If that were a consideration they would have made this decision a long time ago... not wait up to basically last minute.

Something else came into play here and it wasn't about RCI giving way to X.

2 hours ago, emilysmimi said:

My Nov 2021 Beantown to Beaches cruise has been canceled.  I went to look for an alternative but it looks like they are pulling out of Boston completely.  Boston isn’t listed as a port anymore.

OK this is bizarre. This is the new deployment flyer, with a brief "repo".  Thought you couldn't sail from one US port to another without visiting a distant foreign port.  Normally they don't list non-revenue sailings on these flyers.

image.thumb.png.57017b93c41ccb0fc2536f512b5911ed.png

9 minutes ago, Secretlyfi said:

OK this is bizarre. This is the new deployment flyer, with a brief "repo".  Thought you couldn't sail from one US port to another without visiting a distant foreign port.  Normally they don't list non-revenue sailings on these flyers.

image.thumb.png.57017b93c41ccb0fc2536f512b5911ed.png

What is it doing November 11th?

7 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

I haven’t heard a peep about my booked 9 night Jewel from Barcelona to Amsterdam on April 7th or the preceding TA from Galveston. 

I would think the jewel TA is still leaving from Galveston though who knows to where. I had jewel feb 12 and it's already been cancelled to leave. 

20 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

I haven’t heard a peep about my booked 9 night Jewel from Barcelona to Amsterdam on April 7th or the preceding TA from Galveston. 

Maybe it will be a Barcelona to Copenhagen repo, as Jewel is supposedly not cruising out of Amsterdam.