New Summer 2021 Itinerary changes

irishgal432

16 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Do you think Jewel will even go to Galveston this fall?

You know I sure would love those rare Panama cruises, but they have gone up a lot. But they are still there. People would be bummed if the only 2 panama cruises out of Galveston on rcl cancelled ... though yea I get it, it's up to cdc. 

20200923_220110475.jpeg

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

You know I sure would love those rare Panama cruises, but they have gone up a lot. But they are still there. People would be bummed if the only 2 panama cruises out of Galveston on rcl cancelled ... though yea I get it, it's up to cdc. 

20200923_220110475.jpeg

Seems cheap to me

I'm anticipating Liberty will be the only ship in Galveston this winter. Sorry

Due to unforseen circumstances in past "normal" non-covid19 years, how many announced and booked cruises have been mentioned on this forum as unexpectedly cancelled/postponed/redeployed? Charters, Cuba cancellations, Quantum to China, Swine flu (Mariner), storms (Anthem), azipods (Allure), fog (Adventure, Brilliance), drydock crash (Oasis), fire (Grandeur), ships being sold, etc etc. 

Reminder... we are  no longer in a "normal" year. So what might be the chances, especially within these incredible unknown times, that maybe... just maybe... more unforseen issues will occur (as if they haven't occured already in the last 6 months)? Or will every single announced ship and itinerary go off 100% perfectly without one more change whatsoever?

In my humble opinion, I feel that there will be more ship deployments and even more itinerary changes before next summer. There is zero guarantee that anything announced and posted today will be the same tomorrow, a month from now, next February, etc.

Edited by Hoopster95
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Seems cheap to me

I'm anticipating Liberty will be the only ship in Galveston this winter. Sorry

For inside, pp, so x 2 for cheapest inside. I'm in a Galveston jewel group. I sure hope your forecast is wrong. 

Getting more and more worried about my feb b2b. 

23 minutes ago, little britain said:

Rhapsody was included on the “accidentally released” list but now not on the new list.  So guess no change to the Ravenna not Venice sailings.

Looks like it.  I'm booked for next October.  Deliberately wanted Rhapsody.  Happy at the lack of change.

Booked on Adventure 30 May and got the email to say we are now on Jewel. Reading the email it says:

"All moves will be completed by September 28, 2020 and we'll send an updated reservation confirmation with your revised details to the email address on file as soon as your reservation has been updated. If you prefer to cancel your cruise, please call us at 888-281-9344 or contact your Travel Advisor by September 28, 2020."

Am I correct in interpreting this as they may not have a new booking/cabin allocation until 28th September, and that to avail of a refund, we have to cancel on that same date? Surely a bit of a gap between these would be better. I don't want to spend all day on the 28th frantically refreshing my email!

Now, if they cancel a cruise, can some of you get a FCC instead of a full refund? I know that the FCC is quite a popular decision among some folks. But here's the issue I have. So, you get the 125% FCC, apply it toward a future cruise, your cancelled cruise was completely paid out in full, BUT....that FUTURE cruise SOMETIMES ends up being a bit more. I had read on here it happened to someone who ended up forking out another two grand on top. Even with that 125% tacked on. For me, I'll take the full refund. Anyway, best of luck to everyone. Don't see these cancellations as letdowns. They are, quite often, windows to better opportunities.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, johnjen said:

Now, if they cancel a cruise, can some of you get a FCC instead of a full refund? I know that the FCC is quite a popular decision among some folks. But here's the issue I have. So, you get the 125% FCC, apply it toward a future cruise, your cancelled cruise was completely paid out in full, BUT....that FUTURE cruise SOMETIMES ends up being a bit more. I had read on here it happened to someone who ended up forking out another two grand on top. Even with that 125% tacked on. For me, I'll take the full refund. Anyway, best of luck to everyone. Don't see these cancellations as letdowns. They are, quite often, windows to better opportunities.

No  FCCs are being offered for these cancellations - only refunds. In most cases, only deposits have been paid, as the earliest cancelled cruises are just over 6 months from now. You’ll get additional OBC of $100/$200 if you rebook another 2021 cruise by Oct. 31, 2020.

Edited by NancyIL
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, johnjen said:

After my initial disappointment, I have decided that we got lucky. We get our non-refundable deposits refunded. (Making me second guess making suite reservations in the future!) And we are no longer in limbo, wondering if the cruise will happen, or if we should go on the cruise if it did happen. Now I can make other plans, and still enjoy some sort of celebration trip next summer. One day, we will get to Europe!

• Like 1

I am actually pretty excited about these changes. We were doing the 8 day out of Miami on Brilliance in May and we love the ship but were nervous how our kids would like it but we said a cruise is a cruise so they better just like it. Well Independence will be such  better option for them!  I am a little mad about the change in ports b/c I feel like I have done AC route before but oh well!  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, firefly333 said:

For inside, pp, so x 2 for cheapest inside. I'm in a Galveston jewel group. I sure hope your forecast is wrong. 

Getting more and more worried about my feb b2b. 

Keep in mind that Jewel showed up late to TX because they needed a winter home when Dubai became a problem. 

They seem willing to move her at will.

10 hours ago, Secretlyfi said:

OK this is bizarre. This is the new deployment flyer, with a brief "repo".  Thought you couldn't sail from one US port to another without visiting a distant foreign port.  Normally they don't list non-revenue sailings on these flyers.

image.thumb.png.57017b93c41ccb0fc2536f512b5911ed.png

This repo 4 night Boston to Miami, is not violating the PVSA (Jones ACT)? Which is the distant non-American port where it calls?

9 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

This repo 4 night Boston to Miami, is not violating the PVSA (Jones ACT)? Which is the distant non-American port where it calls?

The nearest distant foreign ports are  Cartagena, Colombia  or one of the ABC islands.  The PVSA is the Passenger Vessels Services Act,  and not the Jones Act.

20 minutes ago, little britain said:

+1 to move her to Dubai again!

This site is a lot of die hard cruisers. Another I'm reading, many excited first time cruisers. Jewel booking their first ever cruise. My concern is if they cancelling cruises what it will do to the brand. Some say they wouldnt book again. John may be right and they might just cancel jewel coming to Galveston. On the other hand some of these early cruises might have turned off those same cruisers. 

I myself have mixed feelings. If teachers are so afraid of being in a classroom, maybe I'm being too gung ho thinking of cruising in February. We are still having virtual schools where I am. When I booked I was more optimistic about things than I am now. 

16 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

This site is a lot of die hard cruisers. Another I'm reading, many excited first time cruisers. Jewel booking their first ever cruise. My concern is if they cancelling cruises what it will do to the brand. Some say they wouldnt book again. John may be right and they might just cancel jewel coming to Galveston. On the other hand some of these early cruises might have turned off those same cruisers. 

I myself have mixed feelings. If teachers are so afraid of being in a classroom, maybe I'm being too gung ho thinking of cruising in February. We are still having virtual schools where I am. When I booked I was more optimistic about things than I am now. 

I really don't think Royal is in the business of squashing dreams. It's just a reaction to outside forces. 

Right now I'm just thinking out loud. So many variables. 

1 hour ago, GalwayGirl03 said:

I am actually pretty excited about these changes. We were doing the 8 day out of Miami on Brilliance in May and we love the ship but were nervous how our kids would like it but we said a cruise is a cruise so they better just like it. Well Independence will be such  better option for them!  I am a little mad about the change in ports b/c I feel like I have done AC route before but oh well!  

Where did you see the list of the new ports?  
I’m on an 8 night also.