New Summer 2021 Itinerary changes

irishgal432

2 hours ago, dln929 said:

Well this is interesting.  We were booked on a 7 night on Adventure from Copenhagen, sailing August 31, 2021.  We got the e-mail saying we'd be put on the Jewel on the same day but....last cruise Jewel shows up on in August is August 22, 2021, 9 nights.  Getting back into Copenhagen on August 31st.   The next Jewel is on September 12th.  Out of Boston!!!!!  So Sherlock Holmes deduces that there's a transatlantic in between.  My Baltics/Fjords cruise on Adventure turned into a transatlantic with no info available whatsoever.  Hmmm.  Anyone get an info?  I'm still waiting for my travel agent to call me back after she gets hold of Royal. 

According to Madflyer who posted on the 2021-22 Deployment thread - your hunch is probably correct! Maybe that Jewel 12-night Copenhagen to Boston Transatlantic will be released on Oct. 1. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dln929 said:

Well this is interesting.  We were booked on a 7 night on Adventure from Copenhagen, sailing August 31, 2021.  We got the e-mail saying we'd be put on the Jewel on the same day but....last cruise Jewel shows up on in August is August 22, 2021, 9 nights.  Getting back into Copenhagen on August 31st.   The next Jewel is on September 12th.  Out of Boston!!!!!  So Sherlock Holmes deduces that there's a transatlantic in between.  My Baltics/Fjords cruise on Adventure turned into a transatlantic with no info available whatsoever.  Hmmm.  Anyone get an info?  I'm still waiting for my travel agent to call me back after she gets hold of Royal. 

We got the email that we get a refund for this cruise or can book any other Europe cruise with 200 OBC, I am sure they will not switch you to the expensive 12 day transatlantic to Boston on Jewel at the prize you would have paid for Adventure 7 night in Europe.

23 hours ago, Dwaegon said:

Booked on Adventure 30 May and got the email to say we are now on Jewel. Reading the email it says:

"All moves will be completed by September 28, 2020 and we'll send an updated reservation confirmation with your revised details to the email address on file as soon as your reservation has been updated. If you prefer to cancel your cruise, please call us at 888-281-9344 or contact your Travel Advisor by September 28, 2020."

Am I correct in interpreting this as they may not have a new booking/cabin allocation until 28th September, and that to avail of a refund, we have to cancel on that same date? Surely a bit of a gap between these would be better. I don't want to spend all day on the 28th frantically refreshing my email!

you have until oct 31st to decide

1 hour ago, Saab4444 said:

We got the email that we get a refund for this cruise or can book any other Europe cruise with 200 OBC, I am sure they will not switch you to the expensive 12 day transatlantic to Boston on Jewel at the prize you would have paid for Adventure 7 night in Europe.

they wont be switching anyone to a 12 day sailing. Proposal to CDC clearly states, shorter cruises of 10 days or less

On 9/23/2020 at 11:12 PM, Hoopster95 said:

Due to unforseen circumstances in past "normal" non-covid19 years, how many announced and booked cruises have been mentioned on this forum as unexpectedly cancelled/postponed/redeployed? Charters, Cuba cancellations, Quantum to China, Swine flu (Mariner), storms (Anthem), azipods (Allure), fog (Adventure, Brilliance), drydock crash (Oasis), fire (Grandeur), ships being sold, etc etc. 

Reminder... we are  no longer in a "normal" year. So what might be the chances, especially within these incredible unknown times, that maybe... just maybe... more unforseen issues will occur (as if they haven't occured already in the last 6 months)? Or will every single announced ship and itinerary go off 100% perfectly without one more change whatsoever?

In my humble opinion, I feel that there will be more ship deployments and even more itinerary changes before next summer. There is zero guarantee that anything announced and posted today will be the same tomorrow, a month from now, next February, etc.

I think everyone gets that and understands it is not an normal year. It is more the lack of transparency, The knew the sailings were going to change, the information leaked early, they denied it and then release some of it a week later, causing all this fraustration and waiting for answers....speculation caused so much turmoil.....RCCL should have done the right thing and stopped people from booking the sailings and paying deposits and paying for excursions etc.

3 minutes ago, KatieScotland said:

they wont be switching anyone to a 12 day sailing. Proposal to CDC clearly states, shorter cruises of 10 days or less

This is related to the schedule change by Royal for August/September 2021and not to any CDC measures related to the start of cruising in the next months.

1 minute ago, Saab4444 said:

This is related to the schedule change by Royal for August/September 2021and not to any CDC measures related to the start of cruising in the next months.

The two are tied together....the max sailing of 10 days is not just for the next couple of months....Look at everything they have changed around going as far out as next year Q3....nothing is over 8 nights

1 minute ago, KatieScotland said:

The two are tied together....the max sailing of 10 days is not just for the next couple of months....Look at everything they have changed around going as far out as next year Q3....nothing is over 8 nights

Not correct, the new Jewel cruises in the Baltic they switched Adventure cruises to are between 7 and 11 or 12 nights. Most Europe cruises in summer are longer than 7 nights, CDC refers to start of US and Caribbean cruises in winter, they are not responsible for other parts of the world.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Saab4444 said:

Not correct, the new Jewel cruises in the Baltic they switched Adventure cruises to are between 7 and 11 or 12 nights. Most Europe cruises in summer are longer than 7 nights, CDC refers to start of US and Caribbean cruises in winter, they are not responsible for other parts of the world.

go back and check your information 7 night sailings on Jewel as per the new information release

5 minutes ago, KatieScotland said:

new sailings.jpg

This discusion really makes me tired because you totally missed the point of the issue from the beginning. However, Jewel took over exactly the schedule from Adventure which includes cruises from 7 to 11 nights. She just did not take over the last cruise on August 31. Just check Royal's website for respective cruises nex summer.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

This discusion really makes me tired because you totally missed the point of the issue from the beginning. However, Jewel took over exactly the schedule from Adventure which includes cruises from 7 to 11 nights. She just did not take over the last cruise on August 31. Just check Royal's website for respective cruises nex summer.

OMg....I know that ....you are the one missing the point....I have tried to make it simple for you by sending the chart....She took over the schedule for the Adventure for the whole season....ALL 7 nights....yes you obviously are tired...only thing on the schedule up until the end of the Q3 ...ie 31st AUG that you can now see that is over 10 days are two TA....Rhapsody to Rome and Harmony to Barcelona and these two are awaiting confirmation of cancellation.....so apology accepted...its okay to be wrong sometimes....good night

Edited by KatieScotland

4 minutes ago, KatieScotland said:

OMg....I know that ....you are the one missing the point....I have tried to make it simple for you by sending the chart....She took over the schedule for the Adventure for the whole season....ALL 7 nights....yes you obviously are tired...only thing on the schedule up until the end of the Q3 ...ie 31st AUG that you can now see that is over 10 days are two TA....Rhapsody to Rome and Harmony to Barcelona and these two are awaiting confirmation of cancellation.....so apology accepted...its okay to be wrong sometimes....good night

E.g. the three new cruises on Jewel in August 2021 people heve been switched to are 8, 10 and 11 nights. Good night! Your chart is a simplified summary of changes. So far no indication that all Royal cruises in Europe in summer 2021 will be max. 7 night due to a Caribbean focused CDC approach for winter in the US and Caribbean!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

E.g. the three new cruises on Jewel in August 2021 people heve been switched to are 8, 10 and 11 nights. Good night! Your chart is a simplified summary of changes. So far no indication that all Royal cruises in Europe in summer 2021 will be max. 7 night due to a Caribbean focused CDC approach for winter in the US and Caribbean!

wow you really have a problem admitting you are wrong...Firstly I didnt say 7 nights....I said max 10...secondly .Go to Rccl put in all cruises anywhere from jan to aug 31st...any ship any port and then maybe you will accept your shortcomings

40 minutes ago, KatieScotland said:

go back and check your information 7 night sailings on Jewel as per the new information release

21 minutes ago, KatieScotland said:

9 minutes ago, KatieScotland said:

wow you really have a problem admitting you are wrong...Firstly I didnt say 7 nights....I said max 10...secondly .Go to Rccl put in all cruises anywhere from jan to aug 31st...any ship any port and then maybe you will accept your shortcomings

You certainly DID say “7 nights”! I booked a 10-night Baltic cruise on Adventure for August 10, and now I’m on the Jewel 10-night Baltic cruise with the same itinerary.  🙄

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KatieScotland said:

you have until oct 31st to decide

Sept. 28 is the deadline (unless extended) to get a  refund  for cancelling a new cruise that was automatically transferred from Brilliance to Indy or Adventure to Jewel.  Cancellations after that date are subject to the Cruise With Confidence policy, which would issue a FCC, unless the deposit is refundable. I agree that  RCI should’ve extended that date - at least  until Sept. 30th. 

For those whose cruises were cancelled with no replacement - you have until October 31st to book a new cruise in order to get the additional $100 or $200 OBC from RCI. 

Edited by NancyIL

1 hour ago, KatieScotland said:

2801350E-E9CC-4D6B-9F4C-658945054E60.png

4 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

Thev12 night repo should fall under CDC guidelines though

3 hours ago, NancyIL said:

Sept. 28 is the deadline (unless extended) to get a  refund  for cancelling a new cruise that was automatically transferred from Brilliance to Indy or Adventure to Jewel.  Cancellations after that date are subject to the Cruise With Confidence policy, which would issue a FCC, unless the deposit is refundable. I agree that  RCI should’ve extended that date - at least  until Sept. 30th. 

For those whose cruises were cancelled with no replacement - you have until October 31st to book a new cruise in order to get the additional $100 or $200 OBC from RCI. 

Thank you for pointing out that the cancellation had to be done by Sept.28th or be subject to the cruise with confidence policy. Of course we we probably not have our new cabin assignments until Sept 28th or later.  

On 9/21/2020 at 1:36 PM, NancyIL said:

The only ports mentioned on the Press Release for Jewel out of Copenhagen/Stockholm are Helsinki, Tallinn, and Visby. That doesn't necessarily mean those are the only ports the ship will visit. If you have a Baltic cruise booked on Adventure, then hopefully Jewel will have a similar itinerary.

One of the cruisers on my Amsterdam RT July 27 JOTS cruise must be a travel agent [or have access] and mentioned that a new July 25 cruise was showing up on the cruising power site.  After spending 1 hr and 22 mins on the phone I was able to book the new itinerary.  It is only 11 nights rather than 12nts.  But, I was glad to get a large balcony on deck 7. The price is a little less and in line with one less night cruise.  Also, this morning I got an email that one of my FCCs was applied. [from a March cruise }  Win-Win

This is the itinerary:

STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN [overnight before embarking]

HELSINKI, FINLAND

ST. PETERSBURG, RUSSIA  [X 2 overnight]

TALLINN, ESTONIA

RIGA, LATVIA

VISBY, SWEDEN

CRUISING

AARHUS, DENMARK

COPENHAGEN, DENMARK

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

One of the cruisers on my Amsterdam RT July 27 JOTS cruise must be a travel agent [or have access] and mentioned that a new July 25 cruise was showing up on the cruising power site.  After spending 1 hr and 22 mins on the phone I was able to book the new itinerary.  It is only 11 nights rather than 12nts.  But, I was glad to get a large balcony on deck 7. The price is a little less and in line with one less night cruise.  Also, this morning I got an email that one of my FCCs was applied. [from a March cruise }  Win-Win

This is the itinerary:

STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN [overnight before embarking]

HELSINKI, FINLAND

ST. PETERSBURG, RUSSIA  [X 2 overnight]

TALLINN, ESTONIA

RIGA, LATVIA

VISBY, SWEDEN

CRUISING

AARHUS, DENMARK

COPENHAGEN, DENMARK

As RCI Baltic itineraries go - you booked the best one! (The 11-night Copenhagen to Stockholm In June with stop in Warnemunde is equally excellent.)  You will see more on your new Jewel cruise than you would’ve on your original 12-night from Amsterdam.

Edited by NancyIL