New Summer 2021 Itinerary changes

irishgal432

On 9/25/2020 at 10:48 PM, JoJo1008 said:

So please correct me if I'm wrong, from what you're saying the deadline for cancelling our cruise that was originally on Brilliance and now on Indy is this coming Monday? I haven't received any email from RCCL and I contacted my travel agent and he was clueless (not surprising). Do I have any recourse if I miss the Monday deadline since I haven't received any correspondence from RCCL?

I just spoke to RCCL and they have confirmed that this is the case. Fairly horrible tactics, and I'm in the same boat as yourself when it comes to this. Have set an alarm to check my email every 30mins today just in case.

Could it be that they are waiting for enough people to panic and cancel so they can then allocate staterooms more easily after the 28th? If so, that's reprehensible.

So 4 cancellation and a replacement, Jewel for Brilliance on Canada, sail OK, to paraphrase. Don't Worry Be Happy.

Yesterday received Cruise Planner cancellation notices for all my plans and dinner arrangements.

Not so seamless transition, not a big deal but RCL is well, not WOWING me lately.

Safe Stay all....

1 hour ago, Dwaegon said:

I just spoke to RCCL and they have confirmed that this is the case. Fairly horrible tactics, and I'm in the same boat as yourself when it comes to this. Have set an alarm to check my email every 30mins today just in case.

Could it be that they are waiting for enough people to panic and cancel so they can then allocate staterooms more easily after the 28th? If so, that's reprehensible.

I don't know how you booked but my TA said we haven't received a letter yet from Royal because we booked under a group rate. He sent me a letter from Royal that says we have until Oct. 16th to cancel so I at least feel a little better.

Edited by JoJo1008

6 minutes ago, JoJo1008 said:

I don't know how you booked but my TA said we haven't received a letter yet from Royal because we booked under a group rate. He sent me a letter from Royal that says we have until Oct. 16th to cancel so I at least feel a little better.

Booked directly with RCCL, so that might be why it's done before yours.

We booked direct with RCCL and have been moved from Adventure to Jewel.  We haven't had an e-mail yet about our new Jewel booking with cabin numbers etc, but our online account changed this morning finally from Adventure to Jewel.

We're not too happy.  We've got young kids, 8 and 10 years old, and Adventure is a more appropriate ship for them.  Also, on the Adventure booking we had interconnecting rooms, which was a big plus point for us, but now on the Jewel we have next door cabins, but not interconnecting.  We've just been on the phone for ages with RCCL. He said there are no interconnecting rooms available. We then tried to negotiate some sort of discount, but he wouldn't move at all on this. We kept saying, our rooms have effectively been downgraded as the rooms being interconnecting had a value to us. His only answer to that was, but the rooms cost the same, whether interconnecting or not. He is technically correct, but he refused to see the point that we were making.

15 minutes ago, JoJo1008 said:

We were booked on the Sep 13 2021 Jewel sailing....10 nt Iberian Peninsula.
Booked through our travel agent. Having not rec'd any official notification from RCCL or TA I called our TA on Saturday.  Setup a new booking on a new Jewel sailing (Aug 22 - 9 nt Baltic) but RCCL was not yet able to move our money and FCC from the exisiting cancelled sailing.  Kind of a mess.  The new booking is being held without deposit for now in anticipation of RCCL moving all of our money over.  No word on amount of OBC if any.  

5 minutes ago, colsky said:

We booked direct with RCCL and have been moved from Adventure to Jewel.  We haven't had an e-mail yet about our new Jewel booking with cabin numbers etc, but our online account changed this morning finally from Adventure to Jewel.

If you log in you might be able to see your new cabin number on the upcoming cruises page. That's where I spied mine. (EDIT: Just reread your post, never mind)

Edited by Dwaegon

1 hour ago, colsky said:

We're not too happy.  We've got young kids, 8 and 10 years old, and Adventure is a more appropriate ship for them.  Also, on the Adventure booking we had interconnecting rooms, which was a big plus point for us, but now on the Jewel we have next door cabins, but not interconnecting.  We've just been on the phone for ages with RCCL. He said there are no interconnecting rooms available. We then tried to negotiate some sort of discount, but he wouldn't move at all on this. We kept saying, our rooms have effectively been downgraded as the rooms being interconnecting had a value to us. His only answer to that was, but the rooms cost the same, whether interconnecting or not. He is technically correct, but he refused to see the point that we were making.

I totally get your frustration.  I was booked on Brilliance in an aft balcony that we chose specifically because those have the huge balcony on them.  We did pay slightly more (when choosing on the deck plan, it was one that said for XXX amount more, you could choose one of those), but we love the aft balcony rooms so we went for it.  Well, that category is different on Indy which is what our cruise moved to.  So they moved us to a balcony on the side of the ship and called it good.  When I spoke to the rep, she actually could see that we had paid a bit more to have that aft balcony than what the price of the regular ones had been. She sent it over to resolutions so we'll see if I get a little something back, but I'm not holding my breath.  

I did have a slight panic attack when they sent the new invoice, which I had to ask for--I have yet to get an email telling me my sailing has changed to a new ship, and definitely no notice about getting a stateroom assigned.  Thanks to CC and logging into my account on Royal's site, I was able to figure it all out.  Anyway, my new invoice shows my now basic balcony for 2 people to be $6300.  Say what?  I don't think so.  😲😫👎🙄   I was told I'd get a new, corrected one by probably Wednesday.  

Edited by rockmom

We had an inside promenade window cabin on Adventure and the Jewel does not have this option. Plus 2 of the three ports being changed and no St Petersburg port. Faced with not knowing what cabin we would be offered before the cancel deadline, we decided to cancel. In my opinion this is very poor customer service.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Suncoastsailors said:

We had an inside promenade window cabin on Adventure and the Jewel does not have this option. Plus 2 of the three ports being changed and no St Petersburg port. Faced with not knowing what cabin we would be offered before the cancel deadline, we decided to cancel. In my opinion this is very poor customer service.  

What was your sailing date, old itinerary and new itinerary?