Famous 3 Day Sale

Duffysmom

3 hours ago, drsel said:

Dear experts, kindly analyze the 3 day sale and post the best deals here in terms of cost per person per night (including all port fees and taxes) for both Princess Saver and Princess Plus

As always, Google is your friend....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, drsel said:

Dear experts, kindly analyze the 3 day sale and post the best deals here in terms of cost per person per night (including all port fees and taxes) for both Princess Saver and Princess Plus

Is this not something you could easily do yourself?

4 hours ago, lx200gps said:

All the Emails I have received from the big box TA about the 3 Day Sale make no mention of the location upgrade being part of the sale, any chance you have the link to where it shows, that would be greatly appreciated.

The 3-day sale (Sept. 24-26) I posted about is from a big online agency, not a big box store, so I do not know if we are referencing the same 3-day sale.

The slide I have that shows the location upgrade shows the company's name, so I cannot post it.

However, I cannot imagine any TA not including the location upgrade offer since that is a current Princess sales promotion.

43 minutes ago, caribill said:

The 3-day sale (Sept. 24-26) I posted about is from a big online agency, not a big box store, so I do not know if we are referencing the same 3-day sale.

The slide I have that shows the location upgrade shows the company's name, so I cannot post it.

However, I cannot imagine any TA not including the location upgrade offer since that is a current Princess sales promotion.

Sorry for the confusion, we are talking about the same agency. I refer to them as a big box even though they are online and storefront.

I do have to admit that, when we sat through their webinar a few weeks ago, I thought I had seen the same reference to cabin upgrades being part of the 3 Day Sale, but I can't find any mention of it in any of their advertising correspondence.

54 minutes ago, caribill said:

We are interested to do this cruise. Posted on the Canadian site of the TA in question.

This is as of today. Tomorrow it should include the extra's (I hope). By the way, the price is up to the penny the same as on the Princess website.

Theo

1301956362_PriceAlaska3.jpg.5b3b26c348abfeac08564b30253381e4.jpg

Princess;

1193569895_PriceAlaska1.jpg.2874d72d5ef87c6ff121c0f3de016211.jpg

On Line TA;

1058161786_PriceAlaska2.jpg.412dc7bf36add8d5930f3fb65f7fbec4.jpg

3 minutes ago, Renmar said:

We are interested to do this cruise. Posted on the Canadian site of the TA in question.

This is as of today. Tomorrow it should include the extra's (I hope). By the way, the price is up to the penny the same as on the Princess website.

Theo

Not a surprise as no TA can publicly post a price different than the Princess price.

(By the way -- thanks for all your past work on photos of obstructed views. Now that the info is on a different web site, is there a procedure for adding photos to the data base for existing or new ships?)

4 hours ago, caribill said:

Not a surprise as no TA can publicly post a price different than the Princess price.

(By the way -- thanks for all your past work on photos of obstructed views. Now that the info is on a different web site, is there a procedure for adding photos to the data base for existing or new ships?)

I think you can submit pictures to that website (they might even pay for them) but I don't know if you have to be a member to do that. I will try to find out.

Theo

Received a quick answer from the deck plan site.

Theo

"

The way we designed it is that all we have to do is flag a stateroom picture that is uploaded using our stateroom pictures upload form.  If the picture does a good job showing the obstruction we will mark it in the database to appear as the main picture for the comparison.  

So basically the answer is just upload the picture(s) using our upload form and we will take care of the rest behind the scene.

22 minutes ago, Renmar said:
The way we designed it is that all we have to do is flag a stateroom picture that is uploaded using our stateroom pictures upload form.  If the picture does a good job showing the obstruction we will mark it in the database to appear as the main picture for the comparison.  

So basically the answer is just upload the picture(s) using our upload form and we will take care of the rest behind the scene.

Thanks

4 hours ago, Renmar said:

I think you can submit pictures to that website (they might even pay for them) but I don't know if you have to be a member to do that. I will try to find out.

Theo

Thanks for ALL of the work that you did on your site of obstructed view. I have that web site on my desktop as it’s so easy to use. 

Thanks again!

Tom Barton😀👋👍

12 hours ago, lx200gps said:

I refer to them as a big box even though they are online and storefront.

To be precise they have a large number of little boxes. 

Both the popular Big Box mentioned on here (and sometimes by their real name) also has online presence. 

11 hours ago, Renmar said:

Theo

1301956362_PriceAlaska3.jpg.5b3b26c348abfeac08564b30253381e4.jpg

Princess;

1193569895_PriceAlaska1.jpg.2874d72d5ef87c6ff121c0f3de016211.jpg

On Line TA;

1058161786_PriceAlaska2.jpg.412dc7bf36add8d5930f3fb65f7fbec4.jpg

What is apparent to me is like virtually all (have yet to hear of one, but keeping safe with "virtually") Canadian TA's, the above is simply selling cruises at the Princess price and you may as well book direct with Princess.  Of course, the 3 Day Sale can give you some extra goodies.  

If you look to the south, you can do much better with discount TA's. 

Edited by Steelers36

What big 3 day sale! The cruise we are looking at is the same price as it was last week. FREE upgrades, big deal, I don't drink and I don't do WIFI on a cruise.
Thanks for the heads up !
as I suspected, it's just a marketing gimmick.

Tha'ts Norwegian for ya.
The nickel and dime of cruise lines.
Absolutely!
When Celebrity offered the unlimited Classic alcoholic beverage package for an Ocean view and above, they did not inflate the price at all.
it was a genuine free offer running for three years approximately from 2016 to 2018.

1 hour ago, Eaglecw said:

What big 3 day sale! The cruise we are looking at is the same price as it was last week. FREE upgrades, big deal, I don't drink and I don't do WIFI on a cruise.

Prices are the same but you do get extra OBC right? $150 for INT & OV or $250 for Balcony and up. I wouldn't call this not a big deal. 

20 minutes ago, sfaaa said:

Prices are the same but you do get extra OBC right? $150 for INT & OV or $250 for Balcony and up. I wouldn't call this not a big deal. 

Prior to the Princess Best or whatever they call it, this used to really offer a huge value.  Now, my cruise that I have booked has gone up about $175 pp so, it really isn't a huge deal for us.  If the pricing remained the same, then yes, it would be a big deal.  I'm always up for saving some $$, especially when it adds up to a hundred or more.  

I checked into this 3 day sale. What I show below is based on what I saw for pricing on a cruise I already have booked with a different TA. The pricing below is what I saw without signing in and without requesting a quote, but adjusted for the $100 Princess EBD which I assume would apply. I do not know if signing in, requesting a quote or calling would have had different results.

OBC: Up to $700 depends on type of cabin, length of cruise, and number of people in the cabin. To get the maximum of $700 you would need to book a balcony or above for four people on a voyage of at least 15 days. For two people booked in a balcony or above on a 7 day cruise the OBC is $250 total.

Deposit: Both Princess Savers and Princess Plus came with a non-refundable fare and with a higher cost refundable fare. For my type cabin on this cruise, it cost $150 more/person to have a refundable fare.

Pricing: The pricing I saw was less than Princess pricing so I assume that is the actual "sale" pricing. For the cabin I had booked with my discount TA, the pricing was exactly the same. However at that price the deposit is refundable with my TA but non-refundable with this promotion.

The OBC did not apply to the non-refundable Princess Savers fare. Neither did the reduced deposit. If picking the refundable Princess Savers fare, then for two people there would be $500 OBC, but would have to pay $300 more to get that OBC.

• Like 1

I checked into this 3 day sale. What I show below is based on what I saw for pricing on a cruise I already have booked with a different TA. The pricing below is what I saw without signing in and without requesting a quote, but adjusted for the $100 Princess EBD which I assume would apply. I do not know if signing in, requesting a quote or calling would have had different results.   OBC: Up to $700 depends on type of cabin, length of cruise, and number of people in the cabin. To get the maximum of $700 you would need to book a balcony or above for four people on a voyage of at least 15 days. For two people booked in a balcony or above on a 7 day cruise the OBC is $250 total.  

Deposit: Both Princess Savers and Princess Plus came with a non-refundable fare and with a higher cost refundable fare. For my type cabin on this cruise, it cost $150 more/person to have a refundable fare.

Pricing: The pricing I saw was less than Princess pricing so I assume that is the actual "sale" pricing. For the cabin I had booked with my discount TA, the pricing was exactly the same. However at that price the deposit is refundable with my TA but non-refundable with this promotion.

The OBC did not apply to the non-refundable Princess Savers fare. Neither did the reduced deposit. If picking the refundable Princess Savers fare, then for two people there would be $500 OBC, but would have to pay $300 more to get that OBC.

I have already booked a Princess cruise with another discount travel agent online and I asked if they could offer me the same 125 per person OBC as this sale but they can't.   

Of course the online agents discounted price was 138 less for the cabin, so net net I lose only 112.

So can I transfer that booking to to this 3 day sale and receive the OBC?

12 hours ago, caribill said:

I checked into this 3 day sale. What I show below is based on what I saw for pricing on a cruise I already have booked with a different TA. The pricing below is what I saw without signing in and without requesting a quote, but adjusted for the $100 Princess EBD which I assume would apply. I do not know if signing in, requesting a quote or calling would have had different results.

OBC: Up to $700 depends on type of cabin, length of cruise, and number of people in the cabin. To get the maximum of $700 you would need to book a balcony or above for four people on a voyage of at least 15 days. For two people booked in a balcony or above on a 7 day cruise the OBC is $250 total.

But don't forget the coupon book....lol

The other thing to consider is that often there is a group rate with this TA that can get you better pricing - I have a booking that would come out to the exact same price I am currently booked at but with an additional $350 OBC. The snag is that I have to cancel and rebook (no refaring) and there is no availability in my current category...so I have to weigh up that if I cancel, would my cabin become automatically available to rebook. No guarantee on that.