Who is booked for MSC Caribbean November/December 2020 Cruises?

mamaneedsavacay

In February we have the Armonia booked for seven nights, overnighting at Ocean Cay, have been on Armonia two times previously, don’t want to “wish my life away” but am really looking forward to the Armonia again and two days on Ocean Cay. 

• Like 2

I’ll be the first to spend the night on Ocean Cay.  First ship to sail from NA, first MSC ship to sail from PC.  Nov 1st.  Also, the best itinerary of any of the Seaside sailings this year as we don’t leave the last port of call until 5pm vs 1pm.

• Like 2

I’ll be the first to spend the night on Ocean Cay.  First ship to sail from NA, first MSC ship to sail from PC.  Nov 1st.  Also, the best itinerary of any of the Seaside sailings this year as we don’t leave the last port of call until 5pm vs 1pm.

I hope you will be able to🤞🏻 we are scheduled to sail the Mereviglia out of Miami on the 14th. Our ports need to reopen to cruise traffic here in Florida

Sent from my iPad using Forums

17 hours ago, gavenalex said:

not to be negative - but you really think your cruise on November 1st will happen?    So many cruise  lines cancelled into 2021 - If Florida had their act together re:Covid - then slight chance but with 100 deaths a day i don’t see it.  In Canada we can now get Covid-19 insurance  to travel - EXCLUDING CRUISES !!!!   Would never take chance without insurance.  We had to cancel our MSC Cruisd to Dubai this fall because of this 

Edited by marcoigna
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, marcoigna said:

not to be negative - but you really think your cruise on November 1st will happen?    So many cruise  lines cancelled into 2021 - If Florida had their act together re:Covid - then slight chance but with 100 deaths a day i don’t see it.  In Canada we can now get Covid-19 insurance  to travel - EXCLUDING CRUISES !!!!   Would never take chance without insurance.  We had to cancel our MSC Cruisd to Dubai this fall because of this 

Yes I do.  MSC has been sailing successfully now for 6 weeks.  What’s the goal?  Not to have any cases?  No.  It’s to not overwhelm the hospitals and health care workers.  If you don’t want to cruise, here’s a simple solution.  Stay home.  I’m not in a high risk group and I choose to cruise.  

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, gavenalex said:

Yes I do.  MSC has been sailing successfully now for 6 weeks.  What’s the goal?  Not to have any cases?  No.  It’s to not overwhelm the hospitals and health care workers.  If you don’t want to cruise, here’s a simple solution.  Stay home.  I’m not in a high risk group and I choose to cruise.  

The Miami-Dade Mayer agrees with you.  Personally, I'm not convinced a November 1st start is realistic but I sincerely wish you all the best.

https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/environmental-health/miami-dade-county-mayor-urges-cdc-not-extend-no-sail-order

https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/environmental-health/miami-dade-county-mayor-urges-cdc-not-extend-no-sail-order

https://www.travelpulse.com/news/cruise/cruise-lines-anxiously-await-cdc-decision-this-week.html

• Like 1

The shutdown of cruising has had a multi-billion dollar negative effect on the economy in Florida, not to mention the effect on the cruise line companies themselves.  And all the employees who earn their living that way.  Please remember that no one is requiring that you go on a cruise.  Why not give people a choice?  Once upon a time, we were a free country.  If you think it's a stupid idea, that's your right and you can choose not to participate.  Those who are willing to follow the protocols currently in use by MSC and others in Europe with no negative consequences should also have a choice.

• Like 4

The shutdown of cruising has had a multi-billion dollar negative effect on the economy in Florida, not to mention the effect on the cruise line companies themselves.  And all the employees who earn their living that way.  Please remember that no one is requiring that you go on a cruise.  Why not give people a choice?  Once upon a time, we were a free country.  If you think it's a stupid idea, that's your right and you can choose not to participate.  Those who are willing to follow the protocols currently in use by MSC and others in Europe with no negative consequences should also have a choice.

I am in complete agreement with you and am looking forward to sailing in 7 weeks[emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I completely agree! The cost of Covid all around is insanely Here are some numbers from the cruise industry:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5618/?et_cid=3362836&et_rid=85230058&et_referrer=Boards_Million_Member_Newsub

• Like 1

I was looking at the excursions choices for my 12/27 cruise and noticed that even though we are only in port from 8am until all aboard at noon, they are selling Costa Maya excursions including 5 hour tours. Then I googled the water park excursion, because it would fit the time frame, but the waterpark website says that it's closed until further notice. So maybe buyer-beware on booking excursions at the moment.

My strategy will be to wait until we know for sure that we are required to use MSC excursions, and even then to wait until I see some reports of others having their excursions as advertised. I hope some of you will help with reporting. ;0) 

I also noticed that my cruise is also sold as a 10-night beginning three nights prior to my 7-nights. So I will be watching the 12/24 cruise anxiously, and if they are able to board, I'll still have time to add advanced purchases that day.  Of course I'm hoping for a solid two months of a good record for MSC before then. 

20 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

My fingers are crossed for you and others who are planning to sail later this year. I'm encouraged by several things:

1. The CLIA and the Healthy Sail Panel's recommendations

2. Gov. DeSantis's decision to lift restrictions in FL.

3. The CDC has not yet announced an extension of the No Sail Order and it expires in two days.

4. Both of FL's senators are urging a return to cruising for exactly the reasons you've outlined, having introduced the Set Sail Safely Act.

Let's hope the wait is over soon!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DCGuy64 said:

My fingers are crossed for you and others who are planning to sail later this year. I'm encouraged by several things:

1. The CLIA and the Healthy Sail Panel's recommendations

2. Gov. DeSantis's decision to lift restrictions in FL.

3. The CDC has not yet announced an extension of the No Sail Order and it expires in two days.

4. Both of FL's senators are urging a return to cruising for exactly the reasons you've outlined, having introduced the Set Sail Safely Act.

Let's hope the wait is over soon!!

And MSC has had cruises out for a few weeks with no reports of serious problems.

• Like 3

Not sure how to take this, but Virgin Cruises just cancelled cruises through the end of November. Based on what I've read they were not part of the safe cruising guidelines presented by NCL/RCL/CCL. Maybe, just maybe, the CDC is going to allow cruising from the USA for the companies that presented a plan???  It's either that, or, Virgin is anticipating  that the CDC is extending the no sail order.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/23571-virgin-cancels-november-sailings.html

PS: Am I the only one that thinks it is terrible that the CDC has not announced anything yet? The no-sail order expires tomorrow. Thousands of people are going to be effected by the CDC decision either way.  There are protests at Miami Port urging cruising to start. I get the situation is dynamic. Maybe I'm the only one waiting not-so-patiently.

8 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Not sure how to take this, but Virgin Cruises just cancelled cruises through the end of November. Based on what I've read they were not part of the safe cruising guidelines presented by NCL/RCL/CCL. Maybe, just maybe, the CDC is going to allow cruising from the USA for the companies that presented a plan???  It's either that, or, Virgin is anticipating  that the CDC is extending the no sail order.

I can't believe Virgin has better inside information than the major cruise lines.

11 minutes ago, KennyFla said:

I can't believe Virgin has better inside information than the major cruise lines.

Perhaps all the major cruise lines have the same information and Virgin was just the first to respond? 

Regardless, I didn't see Virgin listed on the safe cruise proposal, so if they haven't submitted a safe return to cruise plan they likely aren't sailing in November no matter what the CDC says today (or tomorrow).

Edited by BermudaBound2014

On 9/27/2020 at 4:34 PM, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Happy Cruiser 6143, well put, agree completely.

Bermuda Bound, no you are not the only one who thinks “it is terrible that the CDC has not announced anything yet.” And anymore do not have a whole of faith in them, too many flip flops from one week to the next. 

However we are blessed to live in Florida and do not have flights/transfers/hotels etc. to deal with. A day at a time ...

Edited by cellfree
typo
  • Like 2

I just browsed the CDC comment board on return to cruising.  It is nothing more than an anonymous internet discussion board.  I sincerely hope the CDC is not using this in making their decision.  A board like this can easily be corrupted.  I have to ask, what was the purpose of it?

Most here on CC are cruise lovers and most of us want to get back on ships!  But the CDC has a tough job in trying to deal with the cruise situation.  One only needs to carefully read the published CDC questions (for which they sought public comment) to understand the main issues of their concern.  Now, we have this NCL/RCI report which manages to sound like a terrific plan until one carefully goes through the recommendations.  

Months ago we posted what we thought were the major problems faced by all cruise lines which seems to be similar to some of the CDC questions.  My two biggies are "what happens if a cruise ship gets a single case of COVID?  and "what ports have shown a willingness to accept cruise ships/passengers?"   While the NCL/RCI proposal does partially deal with my first question it does not deal with the major offshoot which is "when there is a single case of COVID aboard, what happens to the other souls on that ship?"    Would everyone need to be quarantined for 2 weeks?  Where would they be quarantined?  Would these folks be free to use public transportation to get home (i.e. airlines)?   And then there is still the issue of where you could even dock a ship with 1 or more COVID cases?   While Florida is taking a big economic hit because of the cruise industry shut down, we have not heard any of the Ports publicly saying they would accept a ship with a case of COVID.  It took a lot of arm twisting to get some of those ports to accept ships a few months ago, and that was only after extraordinary procedures were put in place.  Would this happen again?

We will stick out our neck and speculate that the CDC will extend their "NO SAIL" order  for at least a month.  And I will keep my fingers crossed that I am wrong :).

Hank

Both MSC and TUI are successfully operating Covid-free cruises in Europe.  In spite of the recent hype that there were positive cases on the TUI ship.  Turns out it was a Greek lab screwup and there were no positive cases on board.

I say give people and businesses a choice.  Those who wish to shelter in place may continue to do so.  Those who wish to be on a cruise should also have that choice.

• Like 3