Worrying developments with virus

16 hours ago, By The Bay said:

I sincerely hope that he wasn't infectious when he "debated" (is that the term for what occurred the other day?) Joe Biden. I would hate it if Joe caught the virus.

Joe has had two tests so far, both negative. 🤞😷

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

I didn't want to start a new thread. It has been announced that President Donald Trump and his wife Melania have both tested positive to COVID-19 after attending an election rally.

Karma...

10 minutes ago, BRANDEE said:

Karma...

👍. I hope that not too many others close to the President become infected.

As we have seen, it isn't only a matter of surviving COVID, a significant number of people are left with debilitating symptoms. I sincerely hope BRANDEE and her husband both recovered completely.

40 minutes ago, NSWP said:

In all sincerity, wishing Mr and Mrs Trump a speedy recovery.💗

I hope not too many got infected via the President and the First Lady, i.e. Airforce 1 crew, Staffers, Secret Service etc.

A White House staffer, journalist and attendee at the Judge's nomination for Senate, at the White House, have tested positive.  The view is this is where the outbreak started - no masks, hand shaking, hugs, etc.  

Just now, MMDown Under said:

A White House staffer, journalist and attendee at the Judge's nomination for Senate, at the White House, have tested positive.  The view is this is where the outbreak started - no masks, hand shaking, hugs, etc.  

Your view is probably correct, sad news for all.

2 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

On a TV news clip, Donald Trump said (NOT in a complaining voice) that "they all want to hug". However, it is up to him to set the 'rules' - hug or no hug, hand shake or no hand shake. The impression I got from his comment was that he loves the hugs. Maybe he feels it proves how much he is loved.

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

Your view is probably correct, sad news for all.

I read New York Times and Washington Post whose reporters have a lot of inside information.  They are usually first with accurate news. 

Yes, it is sad news.  I was pleased to hear their youngest son doesn't have the virus, as you can tell his mother adores him. 

6 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

👍As we have seen, it isn't only a matter of surviving COVID, a significant number of people are left with debilitating symptoms.

If Trump does have long term effects the public will never know till years after he has left the White House. Hiding chronic illness in presidents is kind of their forte🙄 unless of course Trump decides to Tweet it to the world in one of his famous rants 😂

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

The impression I got from his comment was that he loves the hugs. Maybe he feels it proves how much he is loved.

It is part of his act to show that he wont capitulate to the "establishment" which in this case would be the CDC or the likes of Dr Anthony Fauci. His voter base love the fact he argues with Dr Fauci, if he started following the advice and started refusing the hugs it would be seen as him having turned. His priority has always been election first 🙄

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

It is part of his act to show that he wont capitulate to the "establishment" which in this case would be the CDC or the likes of Dr Anthony Fauci. His voter base love the fact he argues with Dr Fauci, if he started following the advice and started refusing the hugs it would be seen as him having turned. His priority has always been election first 🙄

He is above everyone..no need to follow the rules..that's for the suckers.  His own words regarding paying taxes and serving in the military.

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

👍. I hope that not too many others close to the President become infected.

As we have seen, it isn't only a matter of surviving COVID, a significant number of people are left with debilitating symptoms. I sincerely hope BRANDEE and her husband both recovered completely.

Thanks for the well wishes.  Doing okay , just still gets bouts of complete fatigue every so often (lasts a day). We were very lucky!

5 minutes ago, BRANDEE said:

Thanks for the well wishes.  Doing okay , just still gets bouts of complete fatigue every so often (lasts a day). We were very lucky!

My DIL's sister who was diagnosed early in March after returning from Europe, still have fatigue and she is a young woman. I hope your fatigue lessens with time. All the best.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

After hearing that he was exposed to covid, he and staff continued with a planned rally   He and staff had no masks or self distancing, just like the night of the first "debate", when his family and entourage refused masks as required by protocol for the debate.  He even mocked Biden for always wearing a mask. Karma

36 minutes ago, BRANDEE said:

Good to hear you are recovering, best wishes to you both.💗

• Thanks 1