RCCL not doing themselves any favors....

spunks

6 hours ago, NancyIL said:

Perhaps a change or cancellation is no big deal to a Floridian who mostly cruises out of Florida ports.  However, a lot of people affected by the schedule changes were booked on cruises in Europe -  and one of my friends had 4 Europe cruises cancelled yesterday on Adventure and Jewel. 

Good catch. No one that lives in Florida is allowed to sail Europe. It's a law, I'm told

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

How did you get $300?

Asking for a friend 

M8

When they cancel a sailing they give you alternate choices in an email and if you accept the change you get $300 OBC.  I have the exact same cruise 4 days later.  Same price and $300 for my troubles.  They would have also paid airline change fee but that’s not really free money Like the OBC

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

When they cancel a sailing they give you alternate choices in an email and if you accept the change you get $300 OBC.  I have the exact same cruise 4 days later.  Same price and $300 for my troubles.  They would have also paid airline change fee but that’s not really free money Like the OBC

Please cite an example. Not every cruise has a $300 OBC offer if you accept a change.

22 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

Wow are you in a suite or something. I got 0 to change. Some yesterday over in europe were offered $100 obc for insides, $200 obc for balcony and suites.

Havent seen a $300 obc offer. You either booked something long or expensive. Rcl has been rather stingy with their obc offers from what I've seen.

6 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Wow are you in a suite or something. I got 0 to change. Some yesterday over in europe were offered $100 obc for insides, $200 obc for balcony and suites.

Havent seen a $300 obc offer. You either booked something long or expensive. Rcl has been rather stingy with their obc offers from what I've seen.

I was surprised to hear about the OBC offer.  I though it was becoming a thing of the past.  It used to be $400 for suites for 7 days

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

I was surprised to hear about the OBC offer.  I though it was becoming a thing of the past.  It used to be $400 for suites for 7 days

The offer was very particular.  

my client was on a repositioning cruise that was cancelled.  To get the OBC they had to book another repositioning cruise.  Tried to get it to be applied to a different itinerary they were thinking of booking and they wouldn’t budge. 

11 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Just a 7 day cruise on Spectrum of the Seas.  Wonder of the Seas is delayed building due to Covid, so they rearranged all the Asian cruises to make up for the loss of Wonder.  My cruise was affected at end of May.  They only have 7 day cruises a couple of times per year.  When it was canceled, they gave me 3 choices which were pretty much identical .  The one choice was just 4 days later, and the exact same cruise.  They offered either a cancelation for full refund, or rebook price protected on any of the 3 identical cruises that they have along with airline change fees.  Rebooking they offered $150 per person ($300).  I just rebooked 4 days later.  I have a balcony.  Nothing special.  I have no idea if it was less for inside or not, or more for suites.  They actually called me to rebook, I did not need to call them.  I also got the same room.  Maybe because it was same ship, and exactly the same schedule, i don't know.  but I got my $300 OBC, and all I had to do was change my vacation date at work....which for me no issues.