Who has lifted and shifted or plan on it?

miched

A prime example of the L & S for us involved a 12 day holiday sailing on The Reflection. It was a unique itinerary along the coast of Central America to the Panama Canal. No identical cruise was available.

We were offered a 12 day holiday cruise on the Equinox. We accepted the offer only because it was a holiday sailing and we will be going to the Caribbean where we have cruised often over 40+ years. There was an alternate sailing in March 2021 to the Caribbean which we thought was not well timed for Covid recovery.

As a caveat, no cruise line that we could find had that unique Reflection sailing. We did book a close, but definitely not similar, cruise for a different time on a different line.

Have to say we think it’s a pretty good option. We did a lift n shift for infinity in March 2021 and pushed out to March 2022 back in June. More recently booked Edge for March 2021 with the specific intention of lifting and shifting to Apex in March 2022 and put us on a sorta b2b with the infinity one. (We had a really good offer from our TA, which we couldn’t pass up)

I asked our TA to action L n S last week but still not changed in our online booking. If not changed by cob today I reckon I’ll need to get her to chase up with the deadline impending.

We were due to go to the Galapagos in Apr and lifted and shifted this to May of the following year.

We had a good price as we booked this over a year ago when they had the BOGO 50%. 

This is a bucket list holiday and the current events are sucking the fun out of the planning!

Have a March 2021 New Zealand to Australia cruise booked.  No options showing for any available L & S itineraries.  I expect the cruise will be canceled and will wait until final payment date to make a decision.  Given the current situation I personally cannot see why X would end L & S but what do I know.

13 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

We have lifted and shifted three cruises so far - no issues.  Hoping by later next year we'll be a go!!

We lifted/shifted an Oct 2020 RCCL cruise to Oct 2021.  Now that one has been cancelled and we wait for a refund of the deposit.  

The chaos, cancellations and rescheduling will continue for many months yet.

10 hours ago, mimbecky said:

So confused.  I was told you could only lift and shift to same itinerary. 

If I'm interpreting the post correctly, @bigbenboys said that they moved their cruise from February/New Zealand to August/Med, not that they lift and shifted it. By "moved", I believe they mean cancelled the one and booked the other.

25 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

If I'm interpreting the post correctly, @bigbenboys said that they moved their cruise from February/New Zealand to August/Med, not that they lift and shifted it. By "moved", I believe they mean cancelled the one and booked the other.

Sorry for the confusion. You are right. 

We wanted too, but the only dates that would have worked conflicted with a Constellation sailing or left us with 4-5 days between cruises in different Florida ports. We would have had to cancel one and they weren't flexible letting us lifting and shifting the cruise 1.5 months earlier. While I understand rules are rules, we were trying to preserve 2 Celebrity cruises and not drop to 1, dumb move on their part because we ultimately ended up with a better deal. Thought about cancelling one or both to prove a point, but our daughter is going with us on the Apex and the Constellation cruise was very cheap and the rare 10 day cruise that lines up well to minimize vacation time used along with great ports.

We just rebooked our Apex cruise for the time they wouldn't shift to and instead of 3 perks for 2 of the 3 people in the cabin, we got 2 perks, beverage and gratuities, for all 3 of us in the cabin which is close to even or works out in our favor. 

Recently did a Lift and Shift from Connie Jan 2021 RT Tampa  TO  Reflection Jan 2022 RT  Ft Lauderdale.  It went smoothly...

We were not comfy with cruising in Jan 2021 to begin with, were not sure the cruise would go,  or if Connie might be put into storage without upgrade or sold.  Final pay was not far off and  we wanted to switch while good options were available,  we consulted the Chart but called in to make the request.

Posted this elsewhere :

If you do a " lift and shift"  into 2022,  they list some longer itins if that's what you have already booked...   Same price, same perks,   same category.

In our case we chose a diff ship..Reflection instead of Connie...  Slightly diff itin but same # of  nights, same category,  aft suite...hope it  is not changed!   "    

16 hours ago, alwaysonaship said:

We are supposed to go to Australia and New Zealand mid January 2021. The doors are still closed to the countries. Quantas isn’t even flying until March or April. We have the NRD , because we had no concern about this or any cruise not being able to do.

i think Celebrity will put us in the position where we will loose our $900 deposit as final payment is due mid October, and they will no doubt cancel after that date. It just is wrong of them to not cancel when you cannot even get there. 

‘’Celebrity is not my cruise line of choice and at this point we do not plan on giving them any more money. I cannot even get excited about cruising with them again. 

Why not just hang onto your booking and wait for Celebrity to cancel. Yes, You will have to give them the balance at final payment date and wait for a refund. But it saves you from losing $900 and lets you cut ties cleanly with no money tied up with FCC

1 hour ago, sanger727 said:

Why not just hang onto your booking and wait for Celebrity to cancel. Yes, You will have to give them the balance at final payment date and wait for a refund. But it saves you from losing $900 and lets you cut ties cleanly with no money tied up with FCC

The balance is $22,000 and change, and just don’t want to part with that much money 

• Like 2

We are suppose to sail in a Feb 2021 on Reflection.  I do not think it will sail and not sure it will be safe yet.  So have decided to L&S to  Feb 2022, same cruise, same cabin.  Reading all you have been discussing has helped me with my  decision, so thank you.

• Like 1

I've done two lift and shifts. Both online via the celebrity site even though I booked through a travel agent. Both were updated with my first choice and showed in "my celebrity" within 24 hours. I was then contacted by my TA to be advised if the changes in tax etc. One went up slightly, One came down slightly.

1. October 9th 2020 Silhouette 10 nights out of Southampton to Spain - Moved to 4th October 2021 Constellation 10 nights out of Venice to Greece .... I was surprised this was offered as a very different cruise but it was and I grabbed it!

2. April 9th 2021 Constellation 10 nights out of Tampa - Moved to March 21st 2022 10 nights out of Fort Lauderdale 

1 hour ago, york survey said:

I've done two lift and shifts. Both online via the celebrity site even though I booked through a travel agent. Both were updated with my first choice and showed in "my celebrity" within 24 hours. I was then contacted by my TA to be advised if the changes in tax etc. One went up slightly, One came down slightly.

1. October 9th 2020 Silhouette 10 nights out of Southampton to Spain - Moved to 4th October 2021 Constellation 10 nights out of Venice to Greece .... I was surprised this was offered as a very different cruise but it was and I grabbed it!

2. April 9th 2021 Constellation 10 nights out of Tampa - Moved to March 21st 2022 10 nights out of Fort Lauderdale 

WOW. Good for you.  I may try this.  I called my TA and was told she called Celebrity who told her it had to be same nights same area.  I then confirmed there was nothing available to lift and shift to (I am on May 2021 Norway for 8 nights). I am hoping to know what to do by final payment.  If a good perk sale comes up before then, I will go for something totally different in 2022 and cancel. 

@alwaysonaship,

We did the Lift & Shift of our Dec 20 2020 Millennium sailing to a Dec 19 2021 Solstice cruise for which we already held an NRD booking.  The Lift & Shift gave us better pricing than our NRD booking.  We ended up cancelling the NRD booking and got our $400 deposit back as an FCC which we applied to our Lift & Shift booking.  

David

we did a lift and shift and moved the november 2020 B2B on the reflection to the Connie November 2021.  Unfortunately, the itinerary for the Nov 2020 cruise is now on the Edge and we could not do the Lift and shift to the Edge.  So there are some good things about it and some not so good. 

I just called for a March 21 Reflection cruise and our only options were moving to M class and different itineraries. I'm really disappointed. While M class is lovely for some we need "more"as in S class or Edge class. And Celebrity reps were most unhelpful. Stuck between a rock and a hard place. 

Edited by sakigemcam
grammar