CDC no sail order extended through October

6 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

Think as this as not an extension of the no sail order but rather the "transition" order.  The transition of sitting idle, and waiting to going with live cruises.  Only some ships will start, and those will be going to private islands.  It will get ramped up, once more destinations open.  It's complicated and complex.  So the transition has begun

Do you have any links that say that sailings will go to private islands?

Labadee and Coco Cay are still under the authorization of Haitian and the Bahamian governments.  I would love to do a private island cruise but have not seen anything where Haiti or the Bahamas are opening the private islands to cruise ships.  I know Haiti has opened it airports to all tourists, but can't find info about cruise ships.  I would love to read it if you have the info.

Edited by cured

17 minutes ago, cured said:

Do you have any links that say that sailings will go to private islands?

Labadee and Coco Cay are still under the authorization of Haitian and the Bahamian governments.  I would love to do a private island cruise but have not seen anything where Haiti or the Bahamas are opening the private islands to cruise ships.  I know Haiti has opened it airports to all tourists, but can't find info about cruise ships.  I would love to read it if you have the info.

Royal would love to see you do only private islands too. LOL! Kidding...well only half kidding.💲💲💲

32 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

Yeah I'm sure if people are willing to accept that they would be happy to accomodate.

I'd be good with that. I like sea days better than port days to ports I've already seen. I'd agree.

I read through the nyt article, wow. Someone overheard the phone conversation so and so had onboard a flight lol ... and cruising is the only industry closed now in florida. 

I just wanna see the ocean safely. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Baron Barracuda said:

As I understand it US gov't has purchased all Abbot quick tests produced this year.  The 150MM tests are being distributed to states for use in hospitals, schools, etc.  Don't expect any to be available for cruise lines.  Even the NFL with all its resources is waiting 24 hours to get results on player tests.

Canada just announced today that they have approved the Abbott test and purchased 8 million tests and over 3700 of the readers. 

12 minutes ago, molly361 said:

So if nothing gets updated on the cdc website tonight I guess it just expires at midnight?  Regardless of a meeting on Friday

I think the fact that we haven't heard anything from CDC by now (4pm EDT) on the day the Order expires speaks volumes.  It's 2020 so nothing means anything any more, but... if Order expires then, essentially, the ball falls into court of the cruise lines.  We would still need to await some kind of announcement of intent to resume sailing by one of the major lines. 

• Like 1

I am not even sure how this is legal. You are pretty much telling me that my November 8th cruise is happening, right? After all, Royal Caribbean is anouncing that they plan to resume in Nov 1. They are allowing me to go in and add extras to my trip! I better go on ahead and purchase my plane tickets, hotels, etc. Right? Because IT IS happening, it has to, after all, if I try to get a refund for it they tell me I dont qualify because my cruise hasn't been affected by the pandemic. RIGHT?

Except it wont happen and everyone knows that. When Oct 31 comes by they will extend it to 2021 and Royal will suddenly say "oops, not our fault!" and finally offer a refund, 8 days before the actual cruise happens. They expect me to plan everything, planes, hotels, disney tickets, etc. Around their BS.

At this point I don't even care about the CDC anymore, they wanted to extend to Feb, white house didn't allow it. It's all politics and BS. But Royal Caribbean KNOWS they wont sail until probably 2021, it's just logical, at the very least not in november. Why do this to people with cruises in november? Giving them false hope, having them buy extras for their trips, excursions, upgrades, flights, hotel rooms, etc.

I know money comes first and I know they want everyone to cancel themselves before they are forced to give you a full refund, that way they can give you super mega valuable future cruise credit!.

Bah, seriously.

I do not know if this means anything for real, or is just an app glitch, but on a FB group someone posted this just showed up on the RC app for their November 1 sailing on Freedom out of San Juan. 

8C220F6E-7517-41FA-B9E6-56ACB2226D94.png

Edited by sandebeach

13 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

I do not know if this means anything for real, or is just an app glitch, but on a FB group someone posted this just showed up on the RC app for their November 1 sailing on Freedom out of San Juan. 

8C220F6E-7517-41FA-B9E6-56ACB2226D94.png

596910BB-1613-40D9-B87B-8456532DB3FF.jpeg

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Canada just announced today that they have approved the Abbott test and purchased 8 million tests and over 3700 of the readers. 

IMO they should have been ordered ages ago and here for right now. I wonder how long it will take to arrive as the test line’s are longer every day and we are now in the second wave. 

10 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

596910BB-1613-40D9-B87B-8456532DB3FF.jpeg

Whoa....I'm so sorry to hear this. I am not seeing that on my app for Harmony, Nov. 1st. From the day I booked it, it has been wrong on the app because it only lists Day 1 and Day 2, even though it's a seven day cruise. The only thing I see that I haven't noticed before is it says: Day 1 schedule is currently unavailable.

22 minutes ago, Vera/Lee said:

Whoa....I'm so sorry to hear this. I am not seeing that on my app for Harmony, Nov. 1st. From the day I booked it, it has been wrong on the app because it only lists Day 1 and Day 2, even though it's a seven day cruise. The only thing I see that I haven't noticed before is it says: Day 1 schedule is currently unavailable.

The app is glitchy at times. I am thinking that it is a glitch. People on FB group are saying that they do not have any messages like this on their app, so I hope for her sake that it is just another RC app glitch. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RETNAVY1996 said:

I am thinking that the 3/4 is also to get rid of people that might have caught it.  If they can keep the crew from popping positive with good practices (masks, washiewashie and lot of sanitizers) they could do it for a while.   If I show positive 2 days after a cruise who’s to say I did not get it collecting my luggage.   I would also give you pretty good odds that when you go try to hug your favorite cruise worker they will stop you, at least when others are around.

We lifted and shifted both our November and January cruises. Before booking anything else I need to see a trend line. As for the CDC and White House, I'm of the belief that it's time for people to be allowed to exercise personal responsibility. The cruise lines will do what they need to do. If you're good with that then go for it. I'm not ready yet.