Apex on the Move again...

H2OH!

7 minutes ago, eroller said:

She is on her way across the pond for sure.  I wonder if she has a full crew compliment?  If so I’m guessing she will be one of the very first ships to start cruising *if* the CDC no-sail order is not extended beyond October.  

03A03346-741E-457E-9BF7-9DD345D41B75.jpeg

I will be following closely!  If she sails, I will be on a TA May 1, 2021, mask and all and happy to do so.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

I will be following closely!  If she sails, I will be on a TA May 1, 2021, mask and all and happy to do so.

We're scheduled to be onboard on May 15, 2021.  Hoping that it will be a go.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rlgtan said:

We're scheduled to be onboard on May 15, 2021.  Hoping that it will be a go.

From Rome*, correct?  That is the day we arrive there, end of cruise 😀

*Barcelona...

Edited by LGW59
correct city

1 minute ago, LGW59 said:

From Rome*, correct?  That is the day we arrive there, end of cruise 😀

*Barcelona...

Roundtrip from Barcelona 5/15 to 5/27.  I think we'll be getting onboard as you depart from your TA unless you're staying for the additional 12 days.

1 minute ago, rlgtan said:

Roundtrip from Barcelona 5/15 to 5/27.  I think we'll be getting onboard as you depart from your TA unless you're staying for the additional 12 days.

When I said Rome, I was confusing it with my cancelled May 2020...I am actually thinking of staying on

11 minutes ago, rlgtan said:

I just looked and the cabin I am in for my TA is available for the 5/15 cruise.  I have never done a B2B, I think I am going to book it.  Thanks for planting the seed!!!

20 hours ago, eroller said:

She is on her way across the pond for sure.  I wonder if she has a full crew compliment?  If so I’m guessing she will be one of the very first ships to start cruising *if* the CDC no-sail order is not extended beyond October.  

I don't think she will have full crew numbers. Just enough to keep to the minimum requirements. Similar to when other ships wound down because of covid. 

Phil 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I don't think she will have full crew numbers. Just enough to keep to the minimum requirements. Similar to when other ships wound down because of covid. 

Phil 

I honestly have no idea, but I do know a big challenge for cruise lines will be the logistics of getting crew to ships when the start up begins.  There simply isn’t the airlift added with the complexities of all the various country restrictions.  

If Celebrity felt fairly confident that cruising from North America may resume in November, then fully staffing the ship from Europe might have been the way to go.  I guess we will find out soon enough. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, eroller said:

I honestly have no idea, but I do know a big challenge for cruise lines will be the logistics of getting crew to ships when the start up begins.  There simply isn’t the airlift added with the complexities of all the various country restrictions.  

If Celebrity felt fairly confident that cruising from North America may resume in November, then fully staffing the ship from Europe might have been the way to go.  I guess we will find out soon enough. 

Apex will be stopping in the Bahamas for two days prior to her arrival in Florida. Crew members will probably be flown there to board the ship.

Edited by C-Dragons

3 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Apex will be stopping in the Bahamas for two days prior to her arrival in Florida. Crew members will probably be flown there to board the ship.

Possibly.  Or possibly most are already onboard.  Seems unknown at this point.  

5 minutes ago, eroller said:

Possibly.  Or possibly most are already onboard.  Seems unknown at this point.  

According to X CEO, LLP, all crew members were finally repatriated 3 months ago except for the minimum number needed to keep each ship running.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

According to X CEO, LLP, all crew members were finally repatriated 3 months ago except for the minimum number needed to keep each ship running.

General statement regarding the crews that had been stuck on various ships for an extended period of time.  APEX is a one-off situation having recently been completed and handed over from the shipyard. 

Edited by eroller

I have an Apex question I thought maybe someone where could answer.  I am on a Facebook group managed by someone named Ade Roberts.  He regularly posts Apex updates, including pictures which could only have been taken onboard.  He has been asked if he is a Celebrity employee and he responds no, but won't say why he is onboard (assuming he is onboard and not getting the photos sent from a friend).  Anyone have any ideas?  My curiosity it getting the best of me, and honestly it leaves a bad taste in my mouth that he continues to be so secretive.

..could be any connection aside from crew I googled the name...linked to an Ins ta gram cruise site.

Perhaps you could share some  of the photos if they are not copyrighted?

Edited by hcat

19 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

I have an Apex question I thought maybe someone where could answer.  I am on a Facebook group managed by someone named Ade Roberts.  He regularly posts Apex updates, including pictures which could only have been taken onboard.  He has been asked if he is a Celebrity employee and he responds no, but won't say why he is onboard (assuming he is onboard and not getting the photos sent from a friend).  Anyone have any ideas?  My curiosity it getting the best of me, and honestly it leaves a bad taste in my mouth that he continues to be so secretive.

No Ade is not a X employee, but he has cruised many, many times on X (might even be Zenith). I would say he is more of an influencer. He takes lots of videos on his cruises and posts them on Facebook. We met he and his wife on a TA several years ago. He is quite a character.

46 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

No Ade is not a X employee, but he has cruised many, many times on X (might even be Zenith). I would say he is more of an influencer. He takes lots of videos on his cruises and posts them on Facebook. We met he and his wife on a TA several years ago. He is quite a character.

Thanks for responding.  But I'm still confused - if he is not an employee, how is he getting current pictures of Apex??  Perhaps from friends onboard?  I just found it so odd that he refused to answer the question about how he is getting those.

31 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

Thanks for responding.  But I'm still confused - if he is not an employee, how is he getting current pictures of Apex??  Perhaps from friends onboard?  I just found it so odd that he refused to answer the question about how he is getting those.

This article might have an answer to your question. Ade may have developed a “special relationship” with X. His pictures are great publicity for them. 😊

https://www.cruiseaddictsmag.com/blog/capturing-your-cruise-in-its-best-light/

Edited by C-Dragons

1 hour ago, hcat said:

..could be any connection aside from crew I googled the name...linked to an Ins ta gram cruise site.

Perhaps you could share some  of the photos if they are not copyrighted?

Since I don't know where or how the pictures were taken, I'd prefer not to share them.  But if you are interested the name of the Facebook page is Celebrity Apex.  You can ask to join and you will be able to see lots and lots of photos, and get current updates.

5 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

This article might have an answer to your question. Ade may have developed a “special relationship” with X. 
https://www.cruiseaddictsmag.com/blog/capturing-your-cruise-in-its-best-light/

Very interesting article - thanks.  I would guess after reading this, and based on the FB page, that he has some kind of public relations relationship with Celebrity - not an employee per se, but hired by them for PR reasons.  He takes beautiful photos, that's for sure.

4 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

Very interesting article - thanks.  I would guess after reading this, and based on the FB page, that he has some kind of public relations relationship with Celebrity - not an employee per se, but hired by them for PR reasons.  He takes beautiful photos, that's for sure.

I haven’t been on FB in a couple of years. I had to request to join the Apex group. Looking forward to seeing the photos. 😊