Is the "Royal Up" program still alive????

21 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

Somehow I miss the e-mails asking me to "Royal Up"..................haven't had one in 7 months. It looks like there are a lot of cabins available through 2021!!!!!

It's in cold layup!  😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Recent discussion

Thanks for the info...............I did a search here on CC for "Royal UP" and nothing shown and I looked back 10 pages and nothing.............now I know.that the search isn't fool proof.

23 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I got a royal up the day after one of my cruises got cancelled. 

We have had 8 cancelled so far and I bet that our 11/2 on Vision will bite the dust too............and the 4 in December don't look promising either.

3 minutes ago, CSHS1979 said:

From what I understand, no STAR passengers are getting their Genie surveys either

That doesn't bode well for November sailings

It sure looks bad.................we are lucky in that we can drive to the port and are retired - other having flights booked, vacation time approved and celebrations planned - bummer!!!!!

We have never had a Star suite - when do the Genie's usually send out their questionaires?

My guess it is not happening because of capacity concerns and maybe limiting sailings for balcony guests only (all speculation). The Royal Up program would be huge if you tell 1000 people with reservations that they cannot sail unless they upgrade to a balcony and there are only 20 available. 

When/if it becomes available again..no need to wait for an email from RCI just log on to the Royal Up and input your info.

Before the covid I never received any invitation to do so but just did it my self. It was fun to bid even though none of mine were accepted.

54 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

It sure looks bad.................we are lucky in that we can drive to the port and are retired - other having flights booked, vacation time approved and celebrations planned - bummer!!!!!

We have never had a Star suite - when do the Genie's usually send out their questionaires?

6-8 weeks, then a follow up at 30 days when Genie is assigned.

1 hour ago, CSHS1979 said:

6-8 weeks, then a follow up at 30 days when Genie is assigned.

Thanks.................maybe some day I will hit the lottery and experience one of the Star suites. We will have our 50 wedding anniversary in 2023.....................so maybe???????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ashland said:

When/if it becomes available again..no need to wait for an email from RCI just log on to the Royal Up and input your info.

Before the covid I never received any invitation to do so but just did it my self. It was fun to bid even though none of mine were accepted.

Thanks for the information - I never knew that.

59 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Love the ice shows.  Favorites are Hans Christian Anderson and the one with the amazing violinist.

That's Frozen in Time. 

Not sure about violinist, Frozen has the sand artist

8 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

Thanks.................maybe some day I will hit the lottery and experience one of the Star suites. We will have our 50 wedding anniversary in 2023.....................so maybe???????

Fairly affordable on a TA

2 hours ago, Ashland said:

I just checked on the Royal Up website - I put in my name and reservation number and it wasn't found.................maybe the cruise has been cancelled?????

1 minute ago, cruise wizard said:

I just checked on the Royal Up website - I put in my name and reservation number and it wasn't found.................maybe the cruise has been cancelled?????

How far out is your cruise?  Before Covid, I think the window for it to find Royal Up for your cruise was about a month out maybe?  

Just now, rockmom said:

How far out is your cruise?  Before Covid, I think the window for it to find Royal Up for your cruise was about a month out maybe?  

True. If you're more than a month out, you will get an error message when you try to do a RoyalUP bid.

Capture.JPG

• Like 1