Letter of Employment Sent to Waiter on Navigator of the Seas. Looks Like Short Sailings Are A Go November 1st.

On 10/6/2020 at 1:16 PM, julesbeara said:

A friend who is a Waiter on Navigator of the Seas, Facebook Messengered me a copy of his Letter of Employment to return to the Navigator of the Seas on October 25th.  Looks likes short sailings from Miami are a go on November 1st.  Anyone else heard from crew members?

Good.  

All these replies with so many of them basically saying no way.  Look, One of these days, a ship, is going to sail.  It will be the first ship.  It will have people on it.  Maybe only friends and family for a test run, maybe paying passengers, but it will sail.  It will happen in November.  Miami, and the state of Florida is basically 100% open for business, and tourism.  It is not like other states, or countries.  It is open.  The ports said they are ready to open.  It's a go.  Just like in Florida, the country of Singapore is allowing the "first" ships to sail.  Technically, RCCL will be the second ship, but the Asian market is opening up also.  The European market already opened up with cruises.  So you have it, 3 major markets, all ready to start.  The engines on the ships are being warmed up and they are just waiting for the approval.  

Cruise lines are restarting a business, with a new business model.  They need to see what works and does not.  So get ready, pack your bags, and wait.  It's coming

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

All these replies with so many of them basically saying no way.  Look, One of these days, a ship, is going to sail.  It will be the first ship.  It will have people on it.  Maybe only friends and family for a test run, maybe paying passengers, but it will sail.  It will happen in November.  Miami, and the state of Florida is basically 100% open for business, and tourism.  It is not like other states, or countries.  It is open.  The ports said they are ready to open.  It's a go.  Just like in Florida, the country of Singapore is allowing the "first" ships to sail.  Technically, RCCL will be the second ship, but the Asian market is opening up also.  The European market already opened up with cruises.  So you have it, 3 major markets, all ready to start.  The engines on the ships are being warmed up and they are just waiting for the approval.  

Cruise lines are restarting a business, with a new business model.  They need to see what works and does not.  So get ready, pack your bags, and wait.  It's coming

Are you a betting man? I am. And I am willing to bet that there will not be a Royal Caribbean Cruise out of Florida in November. Or December. Royal isn't even starting short cruises to nowhere in Singapore until December. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

Not in November.

You cited Singapore and Europe.  Neither of them is under CDC jurisdiction.

Edited by time4u2go

On 10/8/2020 at 7:59 AM, Joseph2017China said:

The engines on the ships are being warmed up and they are just waiting for the approval. 

10 hours ago, julesbeara said:

That approval has nothing to do with either the cruise line or the port of Miami or the state of Florida.  The final arbiter of whether the ship can load passengers in a US port is the USCG, operating with the guidance of the CDC in regards to health protocols, and there is no guarantee that the CDC no sail order will end on Oct 31, nor that the requirements of the no sail order won't be made into permanent federal regulations by that date.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 10/8/2020 at 1:59 AM, Joseph2017China said:

Let’s go sailing!

The initial cruises will be all about exceeding compliance and mitigation requirements. As cruising goes on, the cost of mitigation will drive compliance to minimum standards. 

We have see this with reopening  of resorts. 

On 10/6/2020 at 1:16 PM, julesbeara said:

A friend who is a Waiter on Navigator of the Seas, Facebook Messengered me a copy of his Letter of Employment to return to the Navigator of the Seas on October 25th.  Looks likes short sailings from Miami are a go on November 1st.  Anyone else heard from crew members?

Ships are all in cold/warm layups. 60 days minimum to bring these ships back online correctly.

21 minutes ago, joelheather said:

Ships are all in cold/warm layups. 60 days minimum to bring these ships back online correctly.

It has only been NCL’s CEO that has publicly stated that they need 60 days to get their ships up and running.  None of us has any idea of what the other cruise lines have done with their ships over the last couple months. The ships are still sailing and have been making technical calls to bring on supplies, fuel and  changing out crew .  There is no reason that they could not have already been increasing staff on board and starting preparations to resume sailing shorting that 60 days down to something closer to 30. 

We had a post to my april liberty roll call by the CD. He was telling us how hard they were working and did some fun thing for the crew he said was much deserved.

After thinking about it, the positive is the CD for Liberty OTS is onboard and the crew is working getting ready. Identified himself as Cory Rodgers - Cruise Director. 

I think I figured out how to copy his text. ...from Cory

‐-----------------

Hello All, sorry for no updates recently I have been pretty busy the last few days. Hope you are doing awesome and staying home! As you know we have extended our pause another days and they are sending most of the crew home over the next few Sundays. We will go down to about 300 crew onboard. The crew are in high spirits still and all practicing our Social Distancing! 
Today we had an Impromptu Pool Side Social Distancing Gathering. Lol we all needed it. We all got some sun and pool time and had great music from DJ Cory. 😀
Remember we all need to stay positive and upbeat and know that this will all pass eventually and the world will continue to turn. Love from the ENTIRE Liberty of the Seas Crew! Take care and talk soon. 
By the way we set up an inspirational art board and the below was drawn by one of our team members. So amazing how much talent they have!

Edited by firefly333

On 10/6/2020 at 1:53 PM, chipmaster said:

It is one thing to get ready, it is another that they do it.

Given the rising cases and positive testing statistics in Florida of > 10% that is crazy.

To travel into a place and then get on a floating petri for 3-5 days with those statistics and wonder if you'll come out with something nothing worse than the flu is like taking a six shooter and filling one chamber, spinning it and firing it off at your toe, and say hey I still got my other leg, LOL

LOL. Florida has been under 5% for quite some time. Pretty much back to normal here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

We had a post to my april liberty roll call by the CD. 

After thinking about it, the positive is the CD for Liberty OTS is onboard and the crew is working getting ready. Identified himself as Cory Rodgers - Cruise Director. 

‐-----------------

Hello All, sorry for no updates recently I have been pretty busy the last few days. Hope you are doing awesome and staying home! As you know we have extended our pause another days and they are sending most of the crew home over the next few Sundays. We will go down to about 300 crew onboard. The crew are in high spirits still and all practicing our Social Distancing! 
Today we had an Impromptu Pool Side Social Distancing Gathering. Lol we all needed it. We all got some sun and pool time and had great music from DJ Cory. 😀
Remember we all need to stay positive and upbeat and know that this will all pass eventually and the world will continue to turn. Love from the ENTIRE Liberty of the Seas Crew! Take care and talk soon. 
By the way we set up an inspirational art board and the below was drawn by one of our team members. So amazing how much talent they have!

Not the words I wanted to hear that liberty OTS is taking crew down to 300, but at least staying positive and onboard.

Here is the art he referred to crew did on Liberty and cory took a pic of himself to send to our roll call.

20201011_225802966.jpeg

20201011_225821976.jpeg

7 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

A more accurate comment would be basically all businesses are allowed to be open here in Florida. But things are still far from normal down here. 

True, Disney just announced over 8000 new layoffs, Universal has announced more layoffs and International Drive looks like a ghost town.  We flew out of Orlando International a few weeks ago with no traffic around the airport, no lines through security, very easy to maintain social distance.  Central Florida is very far from normal, Disney has said it will take years for them to get back to normal.

Sherri🙂

9 hours ago, firefly333 said:

We had a post to my april liberty roll call by the CD. He was telling us how hard they were working and did some fun thing for the crew he said was much deserved.

‐-----------------

I'm trying to not read anything into the fact hes posting to my april roll call but not my feb roll call I'm still a member of. Or that they are sending crew home over the next few weeks from Liberty.

2 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

I don't understand the discrepancy between the two sites.

This is from the Florida Department of Health. This is the source being used by the government leaders to make decisions on reopening. These are the numbers reported daily by every media source in Florida.