The while-we-wait-for-river-cruises photo quiz

notamermaid

Ryan 208 - I don't want to be a spoiled sport here but please take a look at the rules of the game in post #1 and before every previously posted picture.  The game is that you only post a pic if you correctly guessed the previous one.  That way the game doesn't spiral out of control.  Glad you joined us, it is a fun game that notamermaid has given us!

1 hour ago, dogs4fun said:

Anyone have any links to share regarding the writing on the walls? I can't seem to find any online info on that specific feature.

Chris found something on TA which says the signatures are put there by students who have attained a doctorate.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g187493-d240490-Reviews-Palacio_de_Anaya-Salamanca_Province_of_Salamanca_Castile_and_Leon.html#REVIEWS

3 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Chris found something on TA which says the signatures are put there by students who have attained a doctorate.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g187493-d240490-Reviews-Palacio_de_Anaya-Salamanca_Province_of_Salamanca_Castile_and_Leon.html#REVIEWS

So you can photoshop yours in, if you play one on TV!

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, QueenofEverything said:

Ryan 208 - I don't want to be a spoiled sport here but please take a look at the rules of the game in post #1 and before every previously posted picture.  The game is that you only post a pic if you correctly guessed the previous one.  That way the game doesn't spiral out of control.  Glad you joined us, it is a fun game that notamermaid has given us!

Dear QofE - sorry. I just got caught up in the fun. Didn’t mean to break the rules. ☹️

2 hours ago, acwmom said:

Name what is in the photo. First guess the river. After that name the town/city/place.
The person one who first guesses correctly gets to post the next photo!

993b9727c6c8df5e2e966d8be8312e0a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I believe the house is in Auvers-sur-Oise. I took an identical photo. Van Gogh stayed there.

Name what is in the photo. First guess the river. After that name the town/city/place.
The person one who first guesses correctly gets to post the next photo!

OK. Here's one related to the unfortunate situation we are all experiencing.

IMG_1776.jpeg

Hmm, I have got the feeling I have seen this somewhere live. But it probably was something similar, looks so typical "German red arch on old church". Interesting though, it is modern stained glass! A figure at the top...

No, doesn't help me. I am off to work.

But before I go: Thank you all so much for joining in the fun. Feels like it has become "part of the therapy", which is keeping calm and of sound mind in these crazy times.

Seems like some have a bit of enthusiasm and may not be able to guess, so next time I win the prize of posting the next photo (hope I do) I will make it a "wildcard for a new poster".

Looking forward to finding out the meaning to this window.

notamermaid

22 minutes ago, jklc123 said:

Notamermaid and JP, you are both spot on. It IS an old church.

Okay, good, one of 600,435 scattered all over Europe. 😀 Rough estimate, completely guessing. And I am still hardly wiser. But I will be bold and say a river: the Moselle.

notamermaid

• Haha 1

Am confused, do you mean on either river as in your itinerary?

Edit: got it! And I have found it. I suddenly had this idea with your hint and the colour scheme. I must have walked past about 20 times and not noticed. Now I know this looked familiar as I know the church but not the window as such. I think I need to slow down on my walks and look at the church in more detail.

But I will wait with the answer...

notamermaid

Edited by notamermaid
Added info

8 minutes ago, dogs4fun said:

Yep, this Catholic church is located in Koblenz. 🙂

Do you live near Koblenz, notamermaid?

Let us just say it is my shopping turf, not home. Occasional day trips. I cannot believe I have not been there this year yet. Oh my, back to happier thoughts.

notamermaid

1 minute ago, notamermaid said:

Let us just say it is my shopping turf, not home. Occasional day trips. I cannot believe I have not been there this year yet.

I am waiting to hear the story on this particular window - it is not the original window - it has been replaced. I think I heard that the original was broken but can't remember for sure.