Extended Angled Balcony on the Sky

pthardy

Many people really like these angled balconies because the balcony

is large and it is mid ship (if you a sensitive to motion).

You would not be looking at life boats, and the Sky Walk is pretty far

above you. Many do not like that people on the Sky Walk can see down

into your balcony. To many, it is not important.

2 hours ago, pthardy said:

We are looking at booking D410 on the Sky which is an extended angled balcony, is anyone familiar with the cabin that can explain what the balcony is like? 

Thanks

If available, I would recommend booking E410, which is listed as an obstructed deluxe balcony and is directly under D410 with almost an identical view, certainly not obstructed, but quite a bit cheaper. We have booked E410 on five cruises next year, including the Sky, Regal, and Royal. Look for obstructed balconies under interior.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, billco said:

If available, I would recommend booking E410, which is listed as an obstructed deluxe balcony and is directly under D410 with almost an identical view, certainly not obstructed, but quite a bit cheaper. We have booked E410 on five cruises next year, including the Sky, Regal, and Royal. Look for obstructed balconies under interior.

How is E410 obstructed?

23 minutes ago, sleepless said:

How is E410 obstructed?

Princess lists most of the balcony cabins on Emerald Deck as obstructed, because their view is obstructed by lifeboats. While E410 is listed in that category there really is nothing to obstruct the view.

I had obstructed view angled balcony on Sky directly above pizza restaurant. Excellent cabin  straight forward view was clear. Looking down you see top of. Outdoor eating area. Quiet. Not far from elevators. 

On the Sky, I had BC category, L301 an angled balcony cabin.  I loved the angled balcony much bigger than the other balconies on our deck and the location a few steps to the elevator, the outside area, pizza, burger, bar, hot tubs, pool, buffet.  If you looked left you could see the bridge.

We had a BW (Balcony Obstructed) cabin E436 on the Royal & there was no obstruction looking outward but the open Promenade deck looking down & lifeboats looking aft.

We have DW (Deluxe Balcony Obstructed) cabins booked in E405 on future cruises. Great lower deck midship locations which helps my wife’s motion sickness tendencies. A slightly larger balcony is another benefit & we like the Deluxe cabin’s loveseat couch to have more than a desk chair in the standard balcony cabins.

A couple of views from E436:

BCA88DF5-D558-48CF-B3D7-6632C2C08EBE.jpeg

46AF6854-9A94-4265-93FD-4626A19C0FF2.jpeg

3E4B336B-011A-4EE9-A6A2-FADD26320358.jpeg

59 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Is that similar to what I'll see from E433? Just asked for that stateroom 

Checking the deck plans E433 is one cabin forward on the opposite side of the ship so the view should be similar & the balcony is slightly larger than E436.

E433 from Renmar’s webpage:

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/ov.php?ship=Sky-Princess&cabins=E401-E445

587318D2-D299-4FCC-B0DE-67482A8E0D0A.png

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 10/12/2020 at 1:45 PM, nini said:

You will be overlooking the Al Fresco Dining area with lifeboats

to the right of you. The balcony is a nice size, you will not be having the

ocean under you.

Thanks for info 

• 2 months later...
On 10/11/2020 at 9:59 AM, phabric said:

On the Sky, I had BC category, L301 an angled balcony cabin.  I loved the angled balcony much bigger than the other balconies on our deck and the location a few steps to the elevator, the outside area, pizza, burger, bar, hot tubs, pool, buffet.  If you looked left you could see the bridge.

Do you have pictures of your balcony and balcony view from L301 on Sky? I am booked on Discovery and I assume it would be the same. Thanks, Melissa!

• 1 month later...

Hello Phabric... what noise, if any, could you hear inside the cabin from the L301 location? Could you hear staff delivering provisions to the bar/pizza area? Could you hear MUTS? Love the extended angled balcony option and we have booked it on upcoming Sky and Discovery cruises. Was noise a concern? Otherwise would book by Retreat Pool. Thank you.

1 hour ago, DeniseAtBeach said:

Hello Phabric... what noise, if any, could you hear inside the cabin from the L301 location? Could you hear staff delivering provisions to the bar/pizza area? Could you hear MUTS? Love the extended angled balcony option and we have booked it on upcoming Sky and Discovery cruises. Was noise a concern? Otherwise would book by Retreat Pool. Thank you.

A few steps (maybe 10?) from elevator to a doorway with a door to the hallway.  L301 is a regular balcony (BC) with an angled balcony, was the first cabin in the hallway.  This cabin is 250 sq ft, cabin next door 222 sq ft, the cabins are the same size, the difference is the balcony size.

My first thought, it will be quieter with the hallway door closed.  The first night, the hallway door was closed.  I don’t know why people let the any door go and let it slam.  We did hear the hallway door slam.  The next night, returning to our cabin at night, we opened the door and never hear any noise after that.  We would open if it was closed at night.  I think people probably thought the crew opened the hallway door.  We did not hear people walking by to get to their cabins.  We did hear a couple of times from above in the daytime, it did both us.

A few steps (maybe 10?) to the left of the hallway door, you are at the automatic sliding doors to enter the Lido deck and many steps to where you find pizza, hamburger, bar, pool, hot tub, lounge chairs, ice cream stand, and buffet.

Out the hallway door, right to the elevator/stairs and left to automatic doors to Lido deck.

I have this cabin booked for Alaska and Caribbean.  I spend time choosing my cabin.  I thought it was very convenient.

Edited by phabric

3 hours ago, phabric said:

A few steps (maybe 10?) from elevator to a doorway with a door to the hallway.  L301 is a regular balcony (BC) with an angled balcony, was the first cabin in the hallway.  This cabin is 250 sq ft, cabin next door 222 sq ft, the cabins are the same size, the difference is the balcony size.

My first thought, it will be quieter with the hallway door closed.  The first night, the hallway door was closed.  I don’t know why people let the any door go and let it slam.  We did hear the hallway door slam.  The next night, returning to our cabin at night, we opened the door and never hear any noise after that.  We would open if it was closed at night.  I think people probably thought the crew opened the hallway door.  We did not hear people walking by to get to their cabins.  We did hear a couple of times from above in the daytime, it did both us.

A few steps (maybe 10?) to the left of the hallway door, you are at the automatic sliding doors to enter the Lido deck and many steps to where you find pizza, hamburger, bar, pool, hot tub, lounge chairs, ice cream stand, and buffet.

Out the hallway door, right to the elevator/stairs and left to automatic doors to Lido deck.

I have this cabin booked for Alaska and Caribbean.  I spend time choosing my cabin.  I thought it was very convenient.

Much appreciate your feedback, thank you!  We will stay with the L301/L302 cabins which just rebooked under the new OBC promo,

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

We are booked in R414 on the Princess Discovery and this cabin is listed as an Extended Angled balcony.  Anyone have pictures or thoughts on these balconies?  I read they are a little bigger.  

Thanks in advance for any info.

• 1 year later...
On 10/10/2020 at 3:11 PM, pthardy said:

We are looking at booking D410 on the Sky which is an extended angled balcony, is anyone familiar with the cabin that can explain what the balcony is like? 

Thanks

I know it's been a few years since this question was posted, but, @pthardy, did you book and sail in this cabin?  Any comments on it?  We're looking at it for our 2024 fjords cruise.

On 10/10/2020 at 12:11 PM, pthardy said:

Thanks

That room has a huge balcony!  It’s just part of the design of the ship .  If you look straight down, you will see part of the deck below but I would certainly not call it obstructed by my means.  Great cabin if you can snag it! 

• Like 1