Shower/Tub on Solstice Class vrs Millennium Class ?

GreenValleyDogWalker

Looking forward to cruising again !!

We were on the Millie - in a nice Celebrity Suite a couple of years ago - loved the Suite - EXCEPT for that AWFUL HIGH, HIGH, HIGH bathtub ! (many different reviews re: that) -

Anyway - booked on the Equinox for a Caribbean cruise in September 2021 (hopefully !) - (this replaces a canceled one from September 2020)  ...

Can anyone tell us if the tub on the Solstice Class ships are closer to NORMAL height ? (MUCH easier to climb in and out of than those on the Millennium Class ships ?)

This probably sounds like a dumb/silly question to anyone that hasn't experienced the tubs on Millennium Class ships - appreciate hearing from anyone with first-hand experience - trying not to have to pay for upgrade to a Royal Class suite...

Thank You ! 

Agree the tub/shower in the CS on the M class are a challenge.   We have sailed in a accessible SS’s on S class.  We have sailed in a RS’s on S class which have a very nice separate shower.   Unfortunately we have had all 5 of our  S Class suite bookings cancelled so can only related what a friend told us which was “dang that tub is a climb”. 

• Like 1

We only saw the tub on the M class, that was enough to put us off!

We did do one S class Celebrity suite (Equinox) some years ago and to be honest we really didn’t like it.

I am quite small and found the tub not too bad to get in but difficult to get out of. When you are wet and slippy I think you are less confident....

We also found the whole suite had a very ‘cramped’ feeling. Whilst the Jack and Jill two doors of the bathroom can suit a party of 3/4 we found it left the bathroom lacking space. The bedroom was small and obviously basically an inside cabin with a window you couldn’t see through. The lounge had an oversized sofa bed with a coffee table. The balcony was OK.

If we were a party of two guests we would prefer a rear SS 1. If we want the two rooms when traveling with family we much prefer to pay extra for a RS or PH.

Add on the fact that basically the CS only has the same perks as a SS whereas the RS has unlimited speciality dining, bar set up etc then we find it hard to justify the cost of a CS.

I do think the CS is a bit of a ‘marmite’ suite. - either you love it or you hate it! Many do like the separate room set up so don’t base your decision on our opinion only. Whatever room you choose have a fantastic cruise!

• Like 1

We have been in Celebrity Suites on three of the M-class ships and two the S-class ships.  I am a short woman -- 5'.  I am also very flexible.  On both classes of ships I sit on the edge of the tub when either entering or exiting, bring my knees up toward my chin and swing my legs over.  But it does seem to me that the CS tub is higher on the M-class ships than on the S-class ships.

We've sailed in a CS on both classes of ships.  The tubs are just as high because they are jetted. On the S class though there is more room out side of the tub so it was easier getting in and out of it.  I'm short too but the S class was ok.  I didn't care for the bathroom overall.  There is a single sink and very little room to put things on the edge of it. The coffee table is huge and there is no dining table that I remember.  Seems they could have made the living area more functional. I don't know if the refurbished ships changed the furniture and layout in the CS. 

53 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

We've sailed in a CS on both classes of ships.  The tubs are just as high because they are jetted. On the S class though there is more room out side of the tub so it was easier getting in and out of it.  I'm short too but the S class was ok.  I didn't care for the bathroom overall.  There is a single sink and very little room to put things on the edge of it. The coffee table is huge and there is no dining table that I remember.  Seems they could have made the living area more functional. I don't know if the refurbished ships changed the furniture and layout in the CS. 

Yes this is the case.  We have done a CS on M-Class, S-Class and E-Class.  The combination of the high tub and its close proximity to the toilet in the narrow bath on M-Class makes it a challenge to climb in and out.  Unfortunately despite years of feedback on this, Celebrity did nothing to correct this when Millennium and Summit were renovated in the Revolution.  As CHEZMARYLOU states there is more space to maneuver on S-Class ships (but the tub is still high) so not as bad.  The bathroom in the CS on E-Class was completely changed to a two room set-up and has no such issue (except leaking shower door!).

• Like 1

On 10/17/2020 at 3:32 AM, jelayne said:

Agree the tub/shower in the CS on the M class are a challenge.   We have sailed in a accessible SS’s on S class.  We have sailed in a RS’s on S class which have a very nice separate shower.   Unfortunately we have had all 5 of our  S Class suite bookings cancelled so can only related what a friend told us which was “dang that tub is a climb”. 

On the S class upgrading to a RS does give you a wider range of ‘free’ speciality restaurants. If I was you I would do some calculations on SS/CS/RS costs and decide based on how much you would use/enjoy the perk upgrades rather than just focusing on the room...

8 minutes ago, Ashland said:

I prefer to always have a tub....I'll be sailing in a Sky Suite S2 on Reflection....making sure this at least 

has the tub/shower combo...Thanks to all that reply.

Looks like it is a full size tub.

20 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Looks like it is a full size tub.

This S1 suite was a AquaSuite at one time. As it has the shower wall as in the Aqua cabins shower. This configuration was only on the Reflection. It does not change info on tub, great video. Just dont think that all S1's have the shower wall.

Not exactly on point with this thread, but close.  I do wish Celebrity and other cruise lines as well were clearer on the bathroom setups, ie tub or shower.  I don't remember the last time I took a bath.  A nice shower is much better for the Bride and I.  The double sized showers in the Away class ships on NCL are very nice...they used to be called MiniSuite rooms.  

Rant over..maybe I have missed it in the room descriptions.  

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 1

On 10/18/2020 at 2:21 PM, Ashland said:

I prefer to always have a tub....I'll be sailing in a Sky Suite S2 on Reflection....making sure this at least 

has the tub/shower combo...Thanks to all that reply.

All regular Sky Suites on Reflection have a tub.  I'm pretty sure the accessible sky suites have a roll in shower.

• Thanks 1

My original post was not about having a tub or not - it was to try to find out if the tubs on the S class ships are as horribly HARD to get in and out of as the M class ships

Yes - I want a tub - but one that you don't need a ladder to get in and out of....actually - we prefer a separate tub and shower...

Thanks to all that posted 

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

That's easy book a Royal Suite or S1 6145 or 6146 on M class.

and I will take whatever I can get right now.  I prefer a shower, never use a tub, but really do not care, just get me on board,

We actually liked the celebrity suite on the M class.  You have a great walk in his and hers closet with a vanity inbetween.  Before the reno, a great dining room table and living room.  While we like the S class celebrity suite on the solstice class, it is smaller and the bathtub is easier to enter and exit.  Great storage also.  But the before reno M class was much nicer.  

IMO, if you can, much better then anS1 or S2.  We have booked S1 6145 and 6146 on the summit, and they are the best Sky suites on the M class ships.  The bathrooms were huge.  Separate tub and shower. Beautiful marble.   Not a fan of Aft sky suites on the S class ships- too much sun and soot- also in some rooms, pole next to bed.  So if you get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, keep a light on! 

Edited by Cruise a holic

• 1 year later...