Ship movements thread

FreestyleNovice

32 minutes ago, Wvshimmy said:

Gem is doing her " test " with TAs n industry people. 

Friends went to Blue Lagoon. 

Epic is doing her  "environmental" cruise,  as crew calls it. 

Did same pattern 7 days ago. 

I'm so very new to ship movements, so please excuse the ignorance of this question, but when you said Epic was doing her "environmental" cruise,  what does that mean?

Edited by caitlynambrai
spelling is your friend

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this up from page 7 😮, it's been 11 days, with following titbits ....

Jewel has arrived in Gibraltar anchorage and is being bunkered by Symi, a fuel tanker. We should find out later today, if not tomorrow, where she will go next.

Bliss is now in Augusta Italy anchorage. She better makes some move as she is due in Los Angeles by Oct 24th for her first post-covid cruise. 

Escape is still docked in Bar Montenegro. Star is in Naples Italy. Epic & Getaway are in Civitavecchia.

Breakaway ... she has made the move now! She departed Marseilles a couple of hours ago and is enroute to Civitavecchia, ETA Aug 26th. She is due in New York by Sept 26th for her first cruise to Bermuda!

Stay safe and well, everyone.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, bluesea777 said:

Bumping this up from page 7 😮, it's been 11 days, with following titbits ....

Jewel has arrived in Gibraltar anchorage and is being bunkered by Symi, a fuel tanker. We should find out later today, if not tomorrow, where she will go next.

Bliss is now in Augusta Italy anchorage. She better makes some move as she is due in Los Angeles by Oct 24th for her first post-covid cruise. 

Escape is still docked in Bar Montenegro. Star is in Naples Italy. Epic & Getaway are in Civitavecchia.

Breakaway ... she has made the move now! She departed Marseilles a couple of hours ago and is enroute to Civitavecchia, ETA Aug 26th. She is due in New York by Sept 26th for her first cruise to Bermuda!

Stay safe and well, everyone.

Thanks for the update!

6 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

Woo hoo. Go Breakaway!  Make that left turn to the US. We will be waiting for you on Sept 26th!

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

Dawn has left Toulon and is heading to Bar Montenegro.

Bliss .... what's she doing heading to Toulon??? Thought she'd be her way south and east.

Gahh, I hope Bliss doesn't go back to Bar from Toulon! She definitely needs to aim for Los Angeles! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, greatestvalue said:

Why is the Bliss still in France? 

How long would it take for her to get to LA?  

Two weeks approx to my knowledge. Perhaps 10-12 days but that would surprise me. Also factor in some extra time at the dock, perhaps some inspections, maybe extra time for provisioning or whatever needs to be brought on  board. I bet NCL won't plan provisioning in as an usual turnaround day.  :classic_smile:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FreestyleNovice said:

Why is the Bliss still in France? 

I looked again this morning because I still had the site up and not sure if it makes a difference and if this really reflects the ship may be on the move but it now says MARSEILLE, FRA vs Toulon France.  Supposed to be in Marseille Sept 3. 

There may be hope it could be on its way to LA?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, greatestvalue said:

I looked again this morning because I still had the site up and not sure if it makes a difference and if this really reflects the ship may be on the move but it now says MARSEILLE, FRA vs Toulon France.  Supposed to be in Marseille Sept 3. 

There may be hope it could be on its way to LA?

I am amused you are so anxious to see the Bliss on the move to LA when the Breakaway is due to start sailing out of the US a full month earlier and still hasn't left Europe.

Meanwhile Carnival announced another round of cancellations today. Additional ships have been postponed into 2022. This is only relevant to the NCL forum because historically, NCL cancels cruises a few weeks after Carnivals announcements. 

"With the extension of Carnival Sensation's restart, five ships operating out of U.S. homeports will be moved to 2022: Carnival Liberty (Port Canaveral), Carnival Sunshine (Charleston), Carnival Paradise (Tampa); Carnival Ecstasy (Jacksonville) and Carnival Sensation (Mobile)."

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/25781-carnival-cruise-line-announces-next-round-of-restart-plans.html

33 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

I am amused you are so anxious to see the Bliss on the move to LA when the Breakaway is due to start sailing out of the US a full month earlier and still hasn't left Europe.

The Breakaway has a much shorter distance to travel--Europe to New York City (about ONE week, maybe?).

The Bliss has to go from Europe to maybe Miami, South through the Panama Canal and North to LA ( three plus weeks in total, I would guess).

NCL hasn't submitted to the CDC any plans for the Bliss or the Breakaway, there is plenty of time for the Bliss but the BA is running out of time.

From the CDC 

"If a cruise line or cruise ship is not listed, it means that the ship is not operating or intending to operate in U.S. waters during the period of the CSO. It could also mean, for ships outside of U.S. waters, that the ship has not yet completed all requirements for operating under the CSO (e.g., the ship has not yet submitted at least 14 days of surveillance data to CDC in accordance with the Technical Instructions)."

The paperwork could have been submitted and it's sitting on somebody's desk or the website hasn't been updated but here is the current list.

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/cruise-ship-color-status.html