Ship movements thread

FreestyleNovice

1 hour ago, yamiangie said:

I thought they had to quarantine for 2 weeks before the ship can start service after having been porting overseas.  Then the Breakaway needs to get underway for their crossing by next week.

That is only if they had paying passengers onboard prior to the repositioning.

1 hour ago, JIMESOPUS said:

NCL hasn't submitted to the CDC any plans for the Bliss or the Breakaway, there is plenty of time for the Bliss but the BA is running out of time.

From the CDC 

"If a cruise line or cruise ship is not listed, it means that the ship is not operating or intending to operate in U.S. waters during the period of the CSO. It could also mean, for ships outside of U.S. waters, that the ship has not yet completed all requirements for operating under the CSO (e.g., the ship has not yet submitted at least 14 days of surveillance data to CDC in accordance with the Technical Instructions)."

The paperwork could have been submitted and it's sitting on somebody's desk or the website hasn't been updated but here is the current list.

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/cruise-ship-color-status.html

NCL already sent all of us our luggage tags for the 9/26 Breakaway sailing, so they don't seem like they are on the cusp of cancellation, but I guess you never know.

2 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

That is only if they had paying passengers onboard prior to the repositioning.

Quick question.  Will that effect my Epic sailings out of NYC and San Juan in December when the ship comes across the Atlantic?  Will Epic have to quarantine for 14 before it can do any cruises over on this side?  Or will they do the transatlantic without passengers?

35 minutes ago, hoops71 said:

Quick question.  Will that effect my Epic sailings out of NYC and San Juan in December when the ship comes across the Atlantic?  Will Epic have to quarantine for 14 before it can do any cruises over on this side?  Or will they do the transatlantic without passengers?

The current CSO expires on October 31, so it is tough to say what will happen with a December sailing. If the CSO is extended, I suspect this provision could impact your Epic sailing if they have paying passengers on the TA.

5 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

I am amused you are so anxious to see the Bliss on the move to LA when the Breakaway is due to start sailing out of the US a full month earlier and still hasn't left Europe.

@JamieLogical - I never thought in my life I would care where a ship was. But its been a heck of a long time (well seems that way anyway, its only been 21 months) since Ive been on a cruise that I am finding myself like a little kid....LOL 

Reason for my infatuation with Bliss is its the ship Im supposed to sail on in December out of LA. And I think this is the real reason, there has been speculating rumors the Bliss may be swapped out with the Encore because the Encore is already here on the coast.

However, if that is the case then they would possibly have to cancel some of the last Alaska cruises in order for the Encore to make it to LA in time, so I hear.    

So its keeping me entertained....Doesnt take much huh...lol  

But, here is what I just realized from my post last night.  Marseille is the Bliss's destination irght now, not its location. So rut row...the plot thickens 🙂 

Also wanted to share I always enjoy your posts, comparisons and the information you share - so thank you!

• Like 1

I am amused you are so anxious to see the Bliss on the move to LA when the Breakaway is due to start sailing out of the US a full month earlier and still hasn't left Europe.

Edited by greatestvalue
Quadruple posts - sorry

Edited by greatestvalue
Wow...my computer is post happy
  • Haha 2

Edited by greatestvalue
Sorry double posted - my internet really stinks lately...

8 minutes ago, greatestvalue said:

@JamieLogical - I never thought in my life I would care where a ship was. But its been a heck of a long time (well seems that way anyway, its only been 21 months) since Ive been on a cruise that I am finding myself like a little kid....LOL 

Reason for my infatuation with Bliss is its the ship Im supposed to sail on in December out of LA. And I think this is the real reason, there has been speculating rumors the Bliss may be swapped out with the Encore because the Encore is already here on the coast.

However, if that is the case then they would possibly have to cancel some of the last Alaska cruises in order for the Encore to make it to LA in time, so I hear.    

So its keeping me entertained....Doesnt take much huh...lol  

But, here is what I just realized from my post last night.  Marseille is the Bliss's destination irght now, not its location. So rut row...the plot thickens 🙂 

Also wanted to share I always enjoy your posts, comparisons and the information you share - so thank you!

That would be quite the boomerang! Wasn't the Bliss scheduled in Alaska and Encore was substituted for her earlier this spring?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Shellbelle28 said:

That would be quite the boomerang! Wasn't the Bliss scheduled in Alaska and Encore was substituted for her earlier this spring?

34 minutes ago, greatestvalue said:

I thought I remembered reading that somewhere. 

Yes, that is what happened.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shellbelle28 said:

Bliss could just be undergoing the normal inspection for SOLAS compliance before going back into service. 

If the ship never went into cold layup (which it didn't) this may not be needed.  @chengkp75 can answer that.

The ship went into service in 2018, it would be unusual to do the 5-year dry dock this soon.  However, it seems NCL has sent all of the large ships for a short stint in the dock so I have to wonder what they're doing...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hallux said:

If the ship never went into cold layup (which it didn't) this may not be needed.  @chengkp75 can answer that.

The ship went into service in 2018, it would be unusual to do the 5-year dry dock this soon.  However, it seems NCL has sent all of the large ships for a short stint in the dock so I have to wonder what they're doing...

I read an article where an NCL rep said they had accelerated some large projects to take advantage of the empty schedule (scrubbers on a couple of 'Aways?) but it seems a little late in the game for that in Bliss' s case. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Shellbelle28 said:

(scrubbers on a couple of 'Aways?) but it seems a little late in the game for that in Bliss' s case.

I believe the Bliss had those installed from the time she set sail.  Getaway and Breakaway needed them and got them during the shutdown...

• Like 1

NORWEGIAN BLISS in dry dock yesterday at Marseilles.   Hopefully she is completed, crewed, and in Los Angeles for my sailing on October 24.  CARNIVAL LEGEND is next to her.  

241158970_10159671037162458_3655260561409690754_n.jpg

Edited by eroller
  • Like 2