Longer cruises, speculate with me..

51 minutes ago, PigsCanFly said:

I hope that Royal responds quickly re: our Dec 12 day and that HAL responds quickly re: our Feb '21 14day b2b.  From the new CDC "rules", it seems like neither will happen.  The rest of  our booked cruises are 7 or less.

You don’t need Royal to tell you that you won’t be sailing in December, just consider it done and wait for your refund. 

• Like 5

We have 2 B2B"s booked in Feb. and March. All 4 cruises are over 7 days each, so I know they will be cancelled according to the CDC. Hopefully the 12 night we have Nov. 13 will be a go.  Time will tell.  At this point, I am just of the opinion, "it is what it is"

14 hours ago, CTCruiser76 said:

Any idea what the plan is if you already have a 9 nighter booked for July '21?

There is always the chance that RCL may reduce it to a 7 day sailing by removing a sea day or removing one of the port visits.       

It will, also, depend on the ship and whether it is one of the ships that RCL has approved to sail under the terms of the new order.    I believe their plan is starting with 2 or 3 ships then gradually add others, if all goes well and are allowed to add.     

Let's also remember we have no idea what caribbean islands or what US ports will accept ships.    It far too soon to predict July 2021 at this time.    A lot can happen this winter. 

We have 2 cruises booked for about the same time in September 2021, one is a 10 nighter to Alaska and the other is a 7 nighter in Europe which I doubt I can get my wife to go to Europe anyway the way things are spiking again over there.........So looks like pretty much we are SOL for even cruising in 2021............oh well spend our money now on something else I guess.

Will a 7 night cruise be viewed by the CDC as 8 days?  

Traditionally a 6 night cruise has you embark on day 1 and disembark on day 7.   Is this the intended limit the CDC is going to enforce?

Edited by twangster

My crystal ball says....

2nd wave C19 will  be over by March/April world wide... the smaller 3rd wave may have already occurred as well.

Until C19 is at least somewhat mitigated, everything is subject to change (deployments, itineraries, ships staying in the fleet)

I figure by spring there will an unbelievable amount off pressure to get cruising close to "normal" as possible. I can't see the cruise lines wanting to allow this to continue to fall 2021 when almost all of their loans are (close to) due

• Like 1

20 hours ago, retiredgram said:

We have 2 B2B"s booked in Feb. and March. All 4 cruises are over 7 days each, so I know they will be cancelled according to the CDC. Hopefully the 12 night we have Nov. 13 will be a go.  Time will tell.  At this point, I am just of the opinion, "it is what it is"

The CDC document says they cannot offer cruises longer than 7 days. I wonder if that means they have to cancel them or just pull them from being booked?

2 minutes ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

The CDC document says they cannot offer cruises longer than 7 days. I wonder if that means they have to cancel them or just pull them from being booked?

I don't know but they are still selling 9 and 10 night cruises from Miami for December 202

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I don't know but they are still selling 9 and 10 night cruises from Miami for December 202

Doesn't make sense that they would continue to sell them unless it is to get money and hope cruisers will just apply for a FCC.

43 minutes ago, retiredgram said:

Doesn't make sense that they would continue to sell them unless it is to get money and hope cruisers will just apply for a FCC.

It’s been two days over a weekend.  Chances are Royal will wait and not do any adjustments until they have had a chance to review all the documentation and figure out what they as a company are going to do with all their sailings.  The 7 day limit can also be changed based on how initial sailings go so I would not be surprised to see 8 day sailings from July onwards remain open to book for the time being.  The sailings that are still on the website for December and January don’t really matter as no one is booking those anyway.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2020 at 8:43 AM, Jimbo said:

We have 2 cruises booked for about the same time in September 2021, one is a 10 nighter to Alaska and the other is a 7 nighter in Europe which I doubt I can get my wife to go to Europe anyway the way things are spiking again over there.........So looks like pretty much we are SOL for even cruising in 2021............oh well spend our money now on something else I guess.

Well it's down to one cruise in 2021 for us now............the 10 Alaska sailing on Sapphire Princess was canceled, Ship is redeployed in another area of the world.

Guess we will just get our deposit refunded to us rather then book something else since everything still seems to be unstable.

On 10/31/2020 at 3:29 PM, CTCruiser76 said:

Any idea what the plan is if you already have a 9 nighter booked for July '21?

I have a 9 night Canada/NE booked out of Cape Liberty Oct, 2021...Nothing I can do now but wait.