Princess Update: 11/10/20

Syracusefan44

59 minutes ago, GottaLuvCruising said:

We were booked on the Sky Princess March 12, 2022 seven night Caribbean and Princess just cancelled it.  They are offering a small OBC if we move over to Caribbean Princess.  

They are cancelling 2022 cruises now?  I guess I better check my 10 day Jan 2022 -- I thought they were only cancelling 2021 seven day itineraries.  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Paula_MacFan said:

They are cancelling 2022 cruises now?  I guess I better check my 10 day Jan 2022 -- I thought they were only cancelling 2021 seven day itineraries.  

Seems like a unique case (barring other corrections) -- Sky might be redeployed to Europe earlier, for example. Or they're second guessing planning so far in advance for itineraries and want to cut their losses earlier. 

22 minutes ago, snoozecrooze said:

Seems like a unique case (barring other corrections) -- Sky might be redeployed to Europe earlier, for example. Or they're second guessing planning so far in advance for itineraries and want to cut their losses earlier. 

Who knows now which ships will be where and sailing what itineraries and for how long?  No way to know where US ports are concerned.

I know I have used the phrase "hard to believe" umpteen times since COVID began, but seems hard to believe there won't be SOME voyages >7 nights before a year from now.  We shall see.

15 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

Off topic, but I have to compliment you on your profile pic, CineGraphic - the great James Finlayson!

I laugh every time I see this picture - the guy's been gone for decades but still making people laugh -

great legacy!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, loge23 said:

Off topic, but I have to compliment you on your profile pic, CineGraphic - the great James Finlayson!

I laugh every time I see this picture - the guy's been gone for decades but still making people laugh -

great legacy!

That's not James, that's me.

Here I am on the Caribbean Princess.

c5a4589515f001aa110935cffbbb675a.thumb.png.673871c5567477a57e63dd75648a8df3.png

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, greenie082756 said:

I am so confused by CDC's rulings. I am unable to do a 14 day cruise but if I would like to do a B2B for 14 days total well that's okay. Do I understand this correctly?? 🥺

I'm thinkin' the same thing. Kind of makes me question the logic behind many of the government's rules and objectives. Maybe no one explained to them that many of us book on a B2B basis; so let's keep 'em in the dark.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bwana Tom said:

I'm thinkin' the same thing. Kind of makes me question the logic behind many of the government's rules and objectives. Maybe no one explained to them that many of us book on a B2B basis; so let's keep 'em in the dark.

Correct. Apparently they can't "do the math".

5 hours ago, voljeep said:

if our 4/2021 cruise is a no go due to Princess - all I know at this time is that the exact same cruise - same number of days, same ship, just one week earlier, same cabin is  $ 575 per person more for the date in 2022

come on Princess , really ???

Are you comparing Princess Plus rates or Princess Savers rates?

12 hours ago, caribill said:

I took another look. Now prices are available again except for the frozen ones over 7 days.

Princess must have been updating their website when I was looking earlier.

Looked agin and at this time all prices are again not available for all cruises I looked at:

"Pricing is currently not available for this date or the selected cabin type. Please try a different departure date, cabin type or check back later."

4 minutes ago, caribill said:

Are you comparing Princess Plus rates or Princess Savers rates?

Princess Plus to Princess Plus - same cabin - both 6 day cruises - both same itinerary - one April 2021 and one April 2022 - same ship ( CB )

2 minutes ago, voljeep said:

Princess Plus to Princess Plus - same cabin - both 6 day cruises - both same itinerary - one April 2021 and one April 2022 - same ship ( CB )

It is certainly different from RCI cruises which allow "lift and shift" to a new date for an equivalent cruise with no change in pricing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, karylrocks said:

I have been wondering this for awhile. With the extension of the restrictions, I would think they would have to. I am hoping they move it to 12/31/22; not based on anything I know, just hoping.

The problem I see there is that if we moved our next cruise to same time in 2022, it's almost double the price (we got a great deal).  Even at 125 FCC, we're out quite a bit of money.  RCCL did this better -- lifting and moving directly across.

12 hours ago, Ombud said:

Yes I'm nervous about the Queensland cruise as Australia is locked up tight now. But I really hope it's far enough out to go (our winters used to never get below 8c (45°F) but weathers been crazy)

You are correct that we’ re locked up tight at the moment, even some states still have restrictions for other locations in Australia even entering. If you’re able to come next year or even into the future, enjoy our nice warm ..... hot weather in December. 

On 11/11/2020 at 3:53 PM, PrincessDano said:

I wonder if they’ll be extending our credit we got for the pauses earlier this year from having to sail by 05/01/2022 as there will be lots of people having to use it in such a short period of time ? 

Thoughts? 

Diane

A couple I know phoned Princess and were able to get the date extended by which they had to use the FCC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/11/2020 at 2:54 AM, caribill said:

Surprising since your second cruise is after the November 1 date for the end of the hold.

Maybe because the voyage hasn't been cancelled, only not available for new bookings.  We are waiting to see if the early in the year voyages in the Caribbean of 14-day length with the return to PE after 7 days will be re-booked as a B2B. Since they are probably testing upon embarkation and disembarkation it should be OK to do this..........unless they want to have everyone off the ship including luggage so they can flush the rooms and common places.

13 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

A couple I know phoned Princess and were able to get the date extended by which they had to use the FCC.

If Queensland 12/2021 is cancelled I will try to push it out a year.