Covid -19 Vaccinations

rucrazy

Covid vaccines   

97 members have voted

1. 1. Will you get the Covid Vaccine when made available

• Yes, as soon as possible
    • Yes, but will wait a a while to seek if it has adverse effects on others.
    • No. I don't believe in vaccinations.
    • I don't know

10 minutes ago, cece50 said:

Lois, your doctor should be all over this. The Gov was pretty specific for those under 65 with underlying conditions.  This is done very locally with your doctors providing you with documentation of your conditions.  

Good morning, I called my Primary Care this morning.....left a message as he is already 

seeing patients. Hopefully someone will call me back before they leave for the day this afternoon.

• Like 1

On 2/27/2021 at 10:58 AM, kimanjo said:

It refreshes every 60 seconds.  Don't give up.  I left it open and it would show nothing, then openings at Reggie Lewis, then Malden etc. Ever changing.  She is on the North Shore and needed somewhere up there.  After a while, Peabody showed up, then Ipswich.  

Just leave it open!!! 

So I took this advice, and this morning at 5 am It showed availability in a multitude of locations, but when you went to the websites to verify, they all said in big red banners there is no availability.  so I'm just going to check once a day until it opens up, hopefully in the next few weeks.

2 hours ago, crusinbanjo said:

So I took this advice, and this morning at 5 am It showed availability in a multitude of locations, but when you went to the websites to verify, they all said in big red banners there is no availability.  so I'm just going to check once a day until it opens up, hopefully in the next few weeks.

Good news for A Tucson Guy.   Best of luck for all seeking their vaccine shots, including Mr.Banjo and Lois.  

From my research and reading, no state  has a perfect and/or ideal set-up and situation.  As I have predicted and detailed on the "SS Future Re-Open Plan" thread, by April (no April Fools joke), the supply of vaccine will get much better and there will be less concern for being able to schedule appointments.  By late May, there will still be major questions and uncertainty about the variants of Covid, getting a late-year booster shot, how the rest of the world gets its protections, travel re-opening mechanics, etc., etc.  My view?  The cup is slight more than half full.  Am I missing some important details and facts?  

Starting my second full day after getting my second Moderna "JAB" Saturday afternoon.  All is still very good and fine with me.  No problems or challenges from my perspective with this second shot.  My wife had a little effect and tiredness yesterday afternoon and evening.  But, she's much better and nearly 100% today.

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

AFRICA?!!?: Fun, interesting visuals, plus travel details from this early 2016 live/blog. At 51,091 views. Featuring Cape Town, South Africa’s coast, Mozambique, Victoria Falls/Zambia and Botswana's famed Okavango Delta.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2310337

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cece50 said:

Lois, your doctor should be all over this. The Gov was pretty specific for those under 65 with underlying conditions.  This is done very locally with your doctors providing you with documentation of your conditions.  

Well, I just got off the phone with my Dr.....they didn't have any answers for me.  They said I was ok to get a vaccine.

I said "I know that".......I was trying to find out about getting one sooner

rather than later.  They said their office has no authority about when I can get one.  Basically

Type 2 Diabetes doesn't put you to the top of the list.  

From the Washington Post as their website's lead story this morning, they had this headline: Johnson & Johnson vaccine deepens concerns over racial and geographic inequities" with this sub-headline: "Governors weigh ease of use against perception of a two-tiered system if new coronavirus vaccine is deployed primarily to harder-to-reach communities”.

Here are some of their story/analysis highlights: “The nation has a third weapon to wield against the coronavirus, and this one doesn’t need to be kept frozen or followed by a booster shot.  Those attributes of Johnson & Johnson’s coronavirus vaccine, which gained regulatory clearance on Saturday, promise to help state and local officials quell the pandemic punishing their communities. First, however, they will need to determine its place in an expanding anti-virus arsenal, where it joins vaccines with sky-high efficacy rates that are still in short supply.  Decisions to send the shots to harder-to-reach communities make practical sense, because Johnson & Johnson’s single-shot vaccine is easier to store and use. But they could drive perceptions of a two-tiered vaccine system, riven along racial or class lines — with marginalized communities getting what they think is an inferior product.  The issue came up on a recent call between governors and Biden administration officials coordinating the country’s coronavirus response. Gov. Charlie Baker, a Massachusetts Republican and former health insurance executive, stressed the need for prominent health officials to communicate clearly about the benefits of the one-shot vaccine, according to three people who heard his remarks and spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss a private conversation.  The apparent differences, Baker said, could nonetheless create uncomfortable questions for state and local leaders promoting the new vaccine to people who might ask, as one person paraphrased his comments, 'Why didn’t you give us the good stuff?

Having more vaccine options is good, BUT, this story raises some interesting and serious policy questions.  Here is more from this story: "In North Dakota, which has achieved one of the fastest rates of inoculation, Gov. Doug Burgum said the new product intensified concerns not just about 'vaccine hesitancy, but the potential for brand hesitancy as well.' The problem has been on display in Germany, where some residents are shunning shots developed by AstraZeneca in favor of those made by Pfizer-BioNTech, because of the different levels of protection reported in clinical trials, according to officials there."

Reactions and comments?

Full story at:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/03/01/johnson-and-johnson-vaccine-distribution-disparities/

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Athens & Greece: Many visuals, details from two visits in a city with great history, culture and architecture.  Now at 37,529 views.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1101008

16 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Well, I just got off the phone with my Dr.....they didn't have any answers for me.  They said I was ok to get a vaccine.  I said "I know that".......I was trying to find out about getting one sooner rather than later.  They said their office has no authority about when I can get one.  Basically Type 2 Diabetes doesn't put you to the top of the list.  

Hi, Lois!  Come on up to our state!!  

Our Governor (who is often on national TV about this issue) just announced this afternoon: "Ohioans age 60 and older and those with certain conditions or professions that put them at risk of contracting COVID-19 can receive the vaccine starting Thursday.   In phase 1C, the list of conditions includes:  Those with Type 1 diabetes.  Pregnant women.  Bone marrow transplant recipients.  Those with Lou Gehrig's disease, also known as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or ALS.   Ohio will also vaccinate people in these professions:  Law enforcement and corrections officers, including active duty police officers with at least 20 hours of service, corrections staff, including probation and parole staff and firefighters with an active certificate.  Retired, reserve or “special” forces are not included but volunteer firefighters are included.   Child care services employees, including teachers, administrators and substitutes enrolled in Ohio’s Professional Registry who currently work in child care and pre-Kindergarten programs.  Funeral services employees, including embalmers and morticians, funeral home directors, crematory operators and apprentices."

Our Governor noted that 93% of the covid death in our states have been with people age 60+.  It is still challenged right now, but with the J&J vaccine, thing are improving and opening up more.  By mid-April, things will be even better and looking more promising.  That is what my crude crystal ball shows.  Right or wrong? 

More at: 

https://www.dispatch.com/story/news/politics/2021/03/01/johnson-johnson-covid-19-vaccines-their-way-ohio-ramps-up-shots/6867243002/

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Lisbon, NWSpain, Bordeaux/Brittany: Live/blog, June 2017 from Portugal to France along scenic Atlantic Coast.  Now at 31,473 views.  Many interesting pictures, details for history, food, culture, etc.:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2511358

First I want to thank those of you who have been helping with information and suggestions.🙂

Next, our Governor has now updated the "Eligibility List" and now those under 65 with underlying conditions/vulnerabilities can get a shot starting tomorrow!

I was able to reach my Oncologist and he will be able to give me a Dr's Note.

(I am in remission thankfully) and take meds to keep it that way.

I am picking up the note this afternoon and so I can try to sign up for a vaccine asap👍

Again, thanks to everyone on here for being so helpful and will let you know how things progress!

• Like 2

On 3/1/2021 at 2:18 PM, Lois R said:

Well, I just got off the phone with my Dr.....they didn't have any answers for me.  They said I was ok to get a vaccine.

I said "I know that".......I was trying to find out about getting one sooner

rather than later.  They said their office has no authority about when I can get one.  Basically

Type 2 Diabetes doesn't put you to the top of the list.  

Hate to say it Lois.....but I would be looking for another doctor.  I was sure that Diabetes is on the list for those under 65. 

1 hour ago, cece50 said:

Hate to say it Lois.....but I would be looking for another doctor.  I was sure that Diabetes is on the list for those under 65. 

I was able to have my Oncologist give me a Dr's note.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I forgot to even look at the CDC website....but now I know I am allowed to get one and will

be researching a spot first thing tomorrow morning. Actually, the Governor expanded the order

starting tomorrow, March 3rd.  But his policy has been totally a mess.....from what I saw

earlier today😲....they had multiple subdivisions of people allowed to "jump the line" over folks

who had been waiting for vaccines.......

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

I forgot to even look at the CDC website....but now I know I am allowed to get one and will

be researching a spot first thing tomorrow morning. Actually, the Governor expanded the order

starting tomorrow, March 3rd.  But his policy has been totally a mess.....from what I saw

earlier today😲....they had multiple subdivisions of people allowed to "jump the line" over folks

who had been waiting for vaccines.......

So glad to hear that your oncologist came through.  I read some newspaper accounts of lack of clarity from the gov’s office, but when I went to Fl Department of Health, it was very clear that specific forms filled out by doctors are most definitely required for under 65.  The news outlets were quoting random people from vaccine sites like Publix who said they were not needed.  The news stories seemed bent on muddying the waters.  I tend to take the news with a grain of salt.  Better to go right to the appropriate websites for info. Regardless, glad you have some direction from your doctor. Stay well. 

11 minutes ago, cece50 said:

So glad to hear that your oncologist came through.  I read some newspaper accounts of lack of clarity from the gov’s office, but when I went to Fl Department of Health, it was very clear that specific forms filled out by doctors are most definitely required for under 65.  The news outlets were quoting random people from vaccine sites like Publix who said they were not needed.  The news stories seemed bent on muddying the waters.  I tend to take the news with a grain of salt.  Better to go right to the appropriate websites for info. Regardless, glad you have some direction from your doctor. Stay well. 

From Fl Department of Health

I take this to mean that if your doctor signs this form, he or she has determined that you are in a vulnerable group.  It bypasses any other agencies “list” and makes your doctor the final arbiter.  Otherwise how would your doctor chose from a list and give proof.  Your medical records are private. 
hSEyWi_y_x96.jpg

Pursuant to EO 21-47, the Department has published a form for physicians to certify that they have determined an individual to be extremely vulnerable to COVID-19 & eligible to receive the vaccine. This form will be used across Florida beginning tomorrow - https://*****/3qbHLb4

7 hours ago, cece50 said:

Good morning Cece,  I understand health records are private. My Oncologist, who has been

treating me for nearly 5 years,  wrote a letter on his letterhead that I am under his care and am

in the "vulnerable category".   And yes, the news can be very confusing. I was on line this morning

but could not even get an appt. So I guess it is just all about getting it at that right moment.

I was on line all morning, I gave up trying.  Will try again.  Now I understand about the folks 

who can't even get an appt.😲

On 2/26/2021 at 1:53 PM, kimanjo said:

I helped a friend yesterday, using getmyvaccine.org.   She had been struggling with the same site as you for weeks.. Web sites written by regular people shouldn't be better than state/county but, they are.  I got her a next day appointment. Give it a try! And buy the guy a cup of coffee if it works out for you!

Good morning,  I tried to get an appt all morning....no luck. I went to the sit you have mentioned.

Our county (Duval) is not listed.  I was hoping to be able to get one at Publix....their site

refreshes every 60 seconds too.........no luck.  Now I understand the frustration of trying to 

get an appointment and this was just my first day trying😲

Well, I just got an appt!!!!!!!  I decided to see what other Pharmacies were open for this........

Walmart has many locations with open slots!   After all that, I have a shot scheduled for tomorrow morning at 11am😃

Thank you EVERYONE who has been helping all of us!😃

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, kimanjo said:

Anyone trying to find a vaccine, also, you can try vaccinefinder.org to see who else in your area might have spots.

It works kind of.  What it tells me, which I already knew, is who in my area is doing vaccinations.  It implies that the providers have a supply but that’s not the same as having appointments available.  So I guess it’s helpful if you don’t know where to check but it’s unfortunately not helping me get an appointment. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Randyk47 said:

It works kind of.  What it tells me, which I already knew, is who in my area is doing vaccinations.  It implies that the providers have a supply but that’s not the same as having appointments available.  So I guess it’s helpful if you don’t know where to check but it’s unfortunately not helping me get an appointment. 

Same here!  Nice to know who is jabbing, but can't ever secure an appointment.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, crusinbanjo said:

Same here!  Nice to know who is jabbing, but can't ever secure an appointment.

Funny thing, in a rush of excitement then disappointment way, did happen yesterday.  I logged into the Walgreens website and went through the drill of entering my information.  It came back with an appointment this coming Friday at 10 AM.  Excited!  Then I looked at the location.....275 miles away!  I don’t know if I fat-fingered my zip code or if the system hiccuped.   Naturally, even as much as I’d like to get vaccinated,  I wasn’t excited about an 8-10 hour round trip so I let it go.  

• Like 1