Regal Princess v P&O

Presto2

41 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

What channel? I am booked on this next year. Have one of the larger balconies. 

It is a program called Mighty Cruise Ships on Quest, not a fan of huge ships and it did not change my mind, each to their own.

Edited by Bloodaxe

15 hours ago, ann141 said:

Did anyone watch the programme showing Regal Princess which was broadcast this morning? Definitely made me eager to cruise with Princess again!

Yes. We are sailing on her in April and September so it certainly whetted our cruising appetite! 😃

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ann141 said:

Did anyone watch the programme showing Regal Princess which was broadcast this morning? Definitely made me eager to cruise with Princess again!

No missed that one 😞 Which channel? Wonder if it will be repeated. Is Regal Princess like Britannia? If so am happy to sail on that size. We are trying Iona, but expecting to find her a little to big for us. Will  go out to enjoy ourselves though - after this we'd sail in a rowing boat ....

18 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

No missed that one 😞 Which channel? Wonder if it will be repeated. Is Regal Princess like Britannia? If so am happy to sail on that size. We are trying Iona, but expecting to find her a little to big for us. Will  go out to enjoy ourselves though - after this we'd sail in a rowing boat ....

We have got Iona booked for July next year and Regal booked for October next year. Like you we are going to enjoy ourselves whatever the restrictions may be, after a year like 2020 I am ready for anything!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, alpha whiskey said:

We should be on Iona right now, heading towards Spain 😔.  Onwards and upwards, we have booked  Regal Princess for June and Iona for Dec 2021. Can't wait🙏🤞

We are looking to book the 8 night Scandinavia cruise in June on Regal Princess.Is that the one you are booked on?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ann141 said:

We are looking to book the 8 night Scandinavia cruise in June on Regal Princess.Is that the one you are booked on?

I’m looking at that one too!

OP We love the Regal and Royal - been on both, don’t mind the small balconies but love Alfredo’s pizza place 😋.

I’m no foodie obviously because I’ve been happy enough with the food on all of my cruises and especially Celebrity and Princess, and P&O was fine too; more veggies as standard was my impression and better tea of course 😉.

I do hope that we are not being optimistic too soon, but it does feel good just talking about actual cruising again!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

I’m looking at that one too!

OP We love the Regal and Royal - been on both, don’t mind the small balconies but love Alfredo’s pizza place 😋.

I’m no foodie obviously because I’ve been happy enough with the food on all of my cruises and especially Celebrity and Princess, and P&O was fine too; more veggies as standard was my impression and better tea of course 😉.

I do hope that we are not being optimistic too soon, but it does feel good just talking about actual cruising again!

I am very tempted to book now with such good prices but will wait until after the New Year to make sure covid cases are decreasing and that we will be covered by  insurance with our bank (who don't include covid cover at the moment)

We are tempted to book the 6 night cruise before as well for a bit of warmth!

Edited by ann141
  • Like 2

Have sailed on both Regal and Royal Princess. Very similar to Brittania, so you will be fine on that aspect. We enjoyed the cosmopolitan feel of various nationalities on board (34 on one of the cruises).

However, we felt the food on board was biased towards the American market. A prominence of beef on the menu each evening, also less variety than on the MDR menu on P and O. Have to say, a fabulous choice of cookies every time you pass through the buffet!

Add on the gratuity, and service charge of 20% each time you buy a drink ( which are far more expensive) makes for a hefty bill when disembarking!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, alpha whiskey said:

Yes! That's the one - 4th June. 

We booked that cruise, last week. Great  price and went for the Princess Plus add on . Was a no brainer at that price. Our neighbours are joining us and it will be their first cruise.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/30/2020 at 1:52 AM, Presto2 said:

Regal is same class ship as Brittannia, Not my style. Too big and no Prom deck, plus not enough seats in theatre for shows for 3500 pax.

On 1/6/2021 at 8:09 AM, NSWP said:

Regal is same class ship as Brittannia, Not my style. Too big and no Prom deck, plus not enough seats in theatre for shows for 3500 pax.

I wonder if the theatre seating is such a problem?  We go to the theatre almost nightly onboard, have sailed on both the Royal and the Regal and never been aware of an issue.  True we are not the people who wander in at the last minute, but the only time I am aware of the theatre being full way before the performance began was when it was Gareth Gates appearing, who is reasonably well-known in the UK. NB: My DH had never heard of him (no surprises there!) but he gave a good performance.

Edited by mrsgoggins

Watched the show yesterday and really enjoyed both the program and the ship.  Strange one as normally I wouldn't go for a ship that size but the progam sold it.

Not the usual show with "will they have enough oranges to feed the passengers" pretend drama, more focused on the crew who sail the ship.

Watched some others and it was interesting to see them docking in places we had been.  There is a baltic cruise which was very interesting.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2020 at 9:08 AM, Gettingwarmer said:

What channel? I am booked on this next year. Have one of the larger balconies. 

You Tube exclusively features Regal Princess on the series which came out on TV. Search for "The Cruise - Season 1 Episode 1" on YouTube.   The other episodes follow.  There was also a series on the sister Royal Princess.  I think both may also be on free catch up TV.

Regards John

• Like 1

On 12/1/2020 at 5:20 PM, rumbalizw said:

We booked that cruise, last week. Great  price and went for the Princess Plus add on . Was a no brainer at that price. Our neighbours are joining us and it will be their first cruise.

They do limit you to fifteen drinks per person per day you know so people don't over do it.

Regards John

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, john watson said:

They do limit you to fifteen drinks per person per day you know so people don't over do it.

Regards John

How do you know that? And how are they going to count it? I also wonder, what a "drink" actually mean in their language.. is it a bottle, a cup, a shot? In any case, I agree that alcohol consumption should be limited on board.. we got kids and families on board as well