Willemstad
Nieuw Amsterdam

Southern Caribbean

This ship is not associated with a particular port but is 'at sea'

Eurodam

1129World.png

• Like 20
  • Thanks 4

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.

I think I'll pass on Square Dance Day.  I worked in retail many years ago, and although we never said it, the customer was frequently wrong.

The quote is interesting.  I think many people today think it's okay to change the rules to their liking, despite what others believe.

Dinner sounds good.

I've never heard of the drink of the day, so I look forward to reading about it.

I'm sure the wine is wonderful.

It's cool and partly cloudy here, a lovely fall day.

Stay safe.

• Like 13

Thank you for the first day of Advent Daily, Rich.  LOL on the Customer is Always Wrong.  Haven't Square Danced in years.  The quote seems especially applicable to politics.  The pork chops sound nice.  My alternative is Chilled Roasted Peach Soup, Roasted Duck Breast, and Upside Down Apple Tartlet, as served on MS Prinsendam November 29, 2013,

Today's care list:

Mrs Vmax with radiation looming

Caregiver Gsel and her DH battling Alzheimers

Hflors disappointment in a canine adoption that didn’t happen

Covid personally touching durangoscots and StLouisCruisers,

durangoscots niece’s husband in the ICU

Mamaofami’s grandson

CrabbyPatti’s dad with dimentia

Mary229's sister

and Krazy Kruisers and Joe

Today's Celebrations and shoutouts:

Welcome ernieb

Front Line Health Care Workers and support staff

Teachers and school workers

Negative Covid test for Hflor’s DSand DDIL in addition to DD also cleared.

StLouisCruiser’s DD visiting her Gram

A trio of potential ground breakers:

Sarah Fuller (first female to play men’s college football

Cardinal Wilton Gregory

and Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is 3 times but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Good morning to all our "dailies".  It is hard for me go believe that advent is here.  I have never square danced, but like most things I would like to try.  Customer is wrong day sounds like this whole year to me!!!

Pork chops with onions and apples sounds wonderful to me!

I don't know about the drink, I need to see the ingredients on it.

I am sending prayers to all the people on our list.

Today in history November 29, 1929 explorer Richard Byrd flew over the south pole.  My guess is he didn't stop go take any pictures.  Oh well.

I hope everyone has a great day!!

Helen

Edited by Hflors
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, richwmn said:

This ship is not associated with a particular port but is 'at sea'

Eurodam

Eurodam is east of Cuba headed north.  The destination shows as "NWPC".  I wonder if she could be headed for the Bahamas or Port Canaveral.

Roy

• Like 6

Good  morning all.  We used to do square dancing in my gym classes when I was in grade school.  And I fear the customer will be very wrong this year.  So much anger and frustration all around.

The quote rings true this year also...I don't want your rules, you change them to mine.

Pork chops sound good.

Butterbeer Meets an Old Fashioned:

This was all I could find.  Spiced up with booze!!

Ingredients. 2 OZ. SPICED RUM. 3/4 OZ. BUTTERSCOTCH SCHNAPPS. ½ OZ. PEACH BRANDY. ½ OZ. GINGER SCHNAPPS. MARASCHINO CHERRIES.

Prayers and celebrations for our lists.

Stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.  Be extra cautious around anyone who has traveled.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich!  Another day the Eurodam is teasing us. 
An interesting combo of days. I seem to have a great deal of “customer is wrong” with the landscape/yard folk. I need to borrow Joy’s Claudio.

Thank you for keeping our lists, Roy! Morning Dailyites & my Sisters. @Sharon in AZ& @lindalerit has been some time since you checked in - hope all is well & you are just busy.

The quote is appropriate for these times. The meal sounds delicious! Summer that drink sounds potent! Today might be my last day of posting for awhile, I head to the Keys tomorrow for a few days. I know I have used wifi when I have visited before, but not sure how reliable it is. Hoping to do some snorkeling & kayaking, but it is supposed to be very windy this week. And of course the hunt for the best Key Lime pie will take place. So everyone stay well, while I am gone.

Prayers to all who need our support. Cheers to all we are celebrating!

Enjoy your day!

This red blend from Portugal has spectacular ratings, and a price beyond my budget. I found one online vendor with a price of $79.00. I wonder if the “hot stone” is spicy hot, or temperature hot?

#98 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2017

Chryseia 2014 was produced from the finest quality grapes from Prats and Symington's two Upper Douro Valley vineyards, Quinta de Roriz and Quinta da Perdiz. Another property, Quinta da Vila Velha, which is privately owned by a member of the Symington family, also contributed some of its best grapes, as it has for every vintage of Chryseia.

94 - Wine Spectator: A powerful and concentrated red, featuring kirsch, red plum and baker's chocolate notes, balanced by tarragon, slate and violet details. Elegant, with supple tannins framing the long finish, which is laced with hot stone, olive and licorice accents. Drink now through 2023.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 15

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile.

Advent begins today and so now, the inside of my house will be decorated and the crèche & nativity scene  brought out.  

I thought the Customer was always right LOL ?

That quote reminds me of too many people in our society - especially in these days of the pandemic.

The meal sounds great but I have some left over prime rib so I think we will have that tonight.

@summer slopeoh my that drink sound very strong and sweet.

@cat shepard hope you have a fabulous time at the Keys.  Enjoy that key lime pie 😄 

Speaking of Christmas decorations:

D2B739DA-B154-476B-B32A-804221ACCEC7.thumb.jpeg.6840660357f923224997ffdcf16cab78.jpeg

Fair warning to all of the cat owners out there:

49D0A3CB-734F-4D63-B83D-7F127A0AEA7F.jpeg.c6218572e0b66546145441520873a56f.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on Roy’s Care list & those that need them a toast to everyone on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.  I’ll happily toast Sabine as captain for a third time 🙂 

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone.  Stay safe and please don’t forget your masks 😷 

• Like 16
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Eurodam is east of Cuba headed north.  The destination shows as "NWPC".  I wonder if she could be headed for the Bahamas or Port Canaveral.

Roy

Vessel Finder shows Eurodam to be off Curaco headed NW with a destination of NWPC arriving about 4 hours ago.

Marine Traffic shows Eurodam to be west of the Dominican Republic with a destination of NWPC also scheduled to arrive at 0400, about 4 hours ago.

Cruise Mapper shows Eurodam to be east of Cuba, a few miles north of where MT shows and also shows a destination of NWPC but not an arrival time

WILL does not show up as a country code in any search, nor does NWPC show up as a port.

maybe @Copper10-8 of @Chengcan chime in with some wisdom

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  I learned to square dance in grade 1; along with algebra, something I haven't used in my adult life.  I couldn't work in customer service, I have a propensity to tell it like it is.  LOL  I'll be lighting the first candle on the Advent wreath tonight.

A great combination of menu suggestions, as we love pork chops - I'll have to see if we have any in the freezer.  Speaking of which, when I ventured into the "ice cave" of a deep freeze (yes, I know I should defrost it), I found a couple of containers of spaghetti and meat sauce that I've brought out to thaw for dinner tonight.  That along with a salad and maybe garlic toast will be what's on our menu.  And wine.

The insulators didn't come yesterday as we had another big snowfall and the company didn't want to drag wet hoses through the house - which I thought was very considerate of them.  They are expected this afternoon, yay!

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Raising our wine glasses for all on the celebration list.  Stay safe, be well, wash your hands, wear your mask.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 16

1 hour ago, cat shepard said:

Today might be my last day of posting for awhile, I head to the Keys tomorrow for a few days. I know I have used wifi when I have visited before, but not sure how reliable it is. Hoping to do some snorkeling & kayaking, but it is supposed to be very windy this week. And of course the hunt for the best Key Lime pie will take place. So everyone stay well, while I am gone.

WAIT!! Don't leave without me and our other sister @DeeniEncinitas !! I will pack as quick as I can and be on the next flight. Deeni HAD to have stitches just before our trip. She will have to sit on the beach and wave at us!

Seriously, have a wonderful time and be careful. Will miss you terribly. Love you bunches. Joy

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Good morning Rich. Thanks again for our Daily. You have been doing an outstanding job entertaining us. Good morning fellow Daily-ites. Many thanks to Roy, summer, Ann and Helen for contributions. I agree with Jacqui, I will continue to raise a glass to Sabine as long as she's on the cheers list.

Good morning sweet sisters Ann and Deeni!! (Denise can you BELIEVE Ann would leave us behind and go have a whole lot of fun without her 2 sisters!) Sigh.. 

Jacqui, a few year's ago we got a Christmas card with the picture of the cat who buried the elf! Lol. Love that one.

I started my Christmas cards and also received the next box of cards in the mail yesterday. I think that's what I'll be doing this week after I read our Daily. I love sending cards and thoughtful notes. 

Everyone have a Blessed day. Remember you are loved. God never fails us. Love y'all!

• Like 16

40 minutes ago, richwmn said:

Vessel Finder shows Eurodam to be off Curaco headed NW with a destination of NWPC arriving about 4 hours ago.

Marine Traffic shows Eurodam to be west of the Dominican Republic with a destination of NWPC also scheduled to arrive at 0400, about 4 hours ago.

Cruise Mapper shows Eurodam to be east of Cuba, a few miles north of where MT shows and also shows a destination of NWPC but not an arrival time

WILL does not show up as a country code in any search, nor does NWPC show up as a port.

maybe @Copper10-8 of @Chengcan chime in with some wisdom

I tagged the wrong person, it should be @chengkp75

• Like 5

As the Thanksgiving weekend ends, I am thinking of the words of Henry David Thoreau, 

“I am grateful for what I am and have. My thanksgiving is perpetual.”

In these dark days of pandemic as we enter the deep days of winter, may we all be blessed to find those things that help us perpetually give thanks.

(For me, The Daily is one of those things.)

• Like 17

My dad was a square dance caller in his youth, but never succeeded in teaching me much other than a dosey-doe.

@kazu -- my mom always used to put out our creche on the Sunday afternoon after Thanksgiving. I think she enjoyed the decorating part of the holidays much more than the cooking and baking part!

• Like 10

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

If the Eurodam sails into Port Canaveral, I will be sure to let everyone know! It would be unusual to see HAL here but these are not normal times.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

WAIT!! Don't leave without me and our other sister @DeeniEncinitas !! I will pack as quick as I can and be on the next flight. Deeni HAD to have stitches just before our trip. She will have to sit on the beach and wave at us!

Seriously, have a wonderful time and be careful. Will miss you terribly. Love you bunches. Joy

Seriously!!!!!!LOL😊 I am really SABRINA 

THE WITCH AND CAN GET THERE IN NO TIME! I have water proof 🧤 gloves LOL!

I will guard our cooler and have libations ready 👍Bindi and I will enjoy the time 

together!

🌺First thing I saw in my email Joy!

David and I laughed!

❤️Love you!

• Like 6

3 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Hoping to do some snorkeling & kayaking, but it is supposed to be very windy this week. And of course the hunt for the best Key Lime pie will take place. So everyone stay well, while I am gone.

🌺🌺Good morning Ann!!! We will miss you terribly! I love Key West so much! I still find Kermits to have the best key lime pie! Just my opinion. Right across the street is CONCH REPUBLIC SEAFOOD COMPANY! Best seafood that I so loved. Stay safe! This is your time to enjoy! Oh the snorkeling and kayaking in the mangroves I am jealous 😘 

Happy Get Away!

Denise😘

• Like 8