Captain's Club Upgrade?

gotcha3

Are you asking about being notified when you moved up a Tier in the Captain's Club e.g. from Classic to Select.  If so we have never been notified when we changed levels. The points and level show on your account.

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

Are you asking about being notified when you moved up a Tier in the Captain's Club e.g. from Classic to Select.  If so we have never been notified when we changed levels. The points and level show on your account.

This has been our experience.

Today I logged on just for grins after several weeks of not having done so. I noticed my CC tier was changed from Elite to Elite+ and our points total went from 350ish to 1100. Since we haven't cruised lately (nor has anyone else) I was wondering why we should be so lucky as to be upgraded. It was confirmed by Celebrity that our status is, indeed, correct. Comments? Before you ask, Celebrity offered no explanation as to why this changed.

• Like 1

Are you saying that in the past few weeks your points when from 350ish to 1100??

That sounds like a computer glitch.  I had the same cruise, which was cancelled, show 5 times with points.  About 2 weeks later those cruises & points were removed.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Are you saying that in the past few weeks your points when from 350ish to 1100??

That sounds like a computer glitch.  I had the same cruise, which was cancelled, show 5 times with points.  About 2 weeks later those cruises & points were removed.

What? Computer error? Celebrity? Never!  

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, gotcha3 said:

Today I logged on just for grins after several weeks of not having done so. I noticed my CC tier was changed from Elite to Elite+ and our points total went from 350ish to 1100. Since we haven't cruised lately (nor has anyone else) I was wondering why we should be so lucky as to be upgraded. It was confirmed by Celebrity that our status is, indeed, correct. Comments? Before you ask, Celebrity offered no explanation as to why this changed.

Enjoy it while it lasts.🤣

15 hours ago, radarcruiser said:

Is it possible it’s a status match from Royal or Azamara?

Celebrity and Azamara share the points. Their points are accumulated together.

If it is status match from RCI, this will only match the tier but not the points. For example, if you are a RCI Diamond (e.g. 100 points) and Celebrity Classic (e.g. 10 points) member, you can be matched and promoted to Celebrity Elite but the Captain's Club points will kept unchanged at 10 points.

2 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Not sure points matter with AI

When cruises can be longer than 7 days we will again use the 2 bags  of laundry pp perk and will take advantage of the 35% discount on upgrading wi-fi.  So the points it took to get to Elite + still are of value to us.

• Thanks 1