Carnival cancelled all remaining cruises through 2/28/21

Raxter54

Well, tried booking any of the cruises in February on the Carnival site. Getting an error saying no rooms available for my number of passengers (2). And no crusings available on my TA site. Goodbye Freedom cruise on  Feb 21....:-(

12 minutes ago, momof3cruisers said:

What does that mean? Has the port announced it will be closed?

It's what it says if you try to book a cruise carnival is in the process of cancelling but hasn't announced yet. Same as what I said ... feb is no longer blue meaning it can be booked, it's now grayed out. It's a goner.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

It's what it says if you try to book a cruise carnival is in the process of cancelling but hasn't announced yet. Same as what I said ... feb is no longer blue meaning it can be booked, it's now grayed out. It's a goner.

I have joined the group of just wishing they’d get it over with and announce. My cruise supposedly leaves Miami on Feb 1st. I am NOT holding my breath. 

I had thought that perhaps bookings were closed to keep capacity down but my optimism has faded.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, momof3cruisers said:

I have joined the group of just wishing they’d get it over with and announce. My cruise supposedly leaves Miami on Feb 1st. I am NOT holding my breath. 

I had thought that perhaps bookings were closed to keep capacity down but my optimism has faded.

Elsewhere I had a ta tell me my cruise april 25 out of Galveston has no chance. Hes been in business 25 years and never been wrong. I said I'll keep up the faith and decide in a month or so and hope things are clearer. 

We sure could use some positive news.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Elsewhere I had a ta tell me my cruise april 25 out of Galveston has no chance. Hes been in business 25 years and never been wrong. I said I'll keep up the faith and decide in a month or so and hope things are clearer. 

We sure could use some positive news.

Let's put this into perspective.

A vaccine is imminent. That's the best news we could ever get!

Be patient.....eventually ships will sail...safely.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Just heard our Provincial Update and they announced our Vaccine rollout plan.  

Phase 1 will include Albertans most at-risk of severe illness and death from COVID-19, as well as health-care workers and long-term and supportive living staff. This will run Jan to March 2021 This should cover approx 450,000 or 10% of the population

Phase 2 is expected to begin by April 2021 and will again be targeted to prioritized populations. 

Phase 3 will involve rolling out vaccinations to the general Alberta population, anticipated to start by fall 2021.

So looking at October before general pop will be vaccinated here.  Always figured my March cruise would be up in the air now im hoping for a vaccination before my November cruise.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

So looking at October before general pop will be vaccinated here.  Always figured my March cruise would be up in the air now im hoping for a vaccination before my November cruise.

Good luck to you. It is slow. I haven't really figured out when regular seniors here might be tbh, though they said texas will get 1.4m doses of the 2 drugs. Texas is very big and that wouldnt cover health people, and they are wishy washy about the rest of us. My parents want it but cant wait in line. My dad getting iffy to get him anywhere, I'll find out tomorrow if he can get into my car and go to hearing aide doctor. He hasn't been feeling well and is 102, but my parents live alone, not in a nursing home, so not as high priority for vaccine. Plus I dont think either can manage much of a wait. We are just hoping to make it thru this. 

5 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

The way things are going there are going to be far fewer ships sailing if/when cruises resume from US ports and the price of cruises will be significantly higher in the future. I don’t see how any cruise line will survive and pay off the massive debts they have accumulated without substantially increasing revenue.