Alaska 2022 on sale 12/16/20

AtlantaCruiser72

4 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

I wish you best of luck!  Either way I am fairly certain there will be plenty of availability even if you book a few days after the initial sale date.

Thanks azbirdmom, I think you’re right. Can only stay positive, however going to ask the question why being an Elite member the date I’ve been given is the 17th. I just like to understand how it all works.

Out of curiosity, which would be the best months to visit Alaska? Even if could list the season in order of your opinion.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Italy52 said:

I wish I were Elite and could book earlier but unfortunately, Princess keeps cancelling our cruises making it impossible for us to achieve Elite --- perhaps 2022 will be our year.

My husband keeps asking how many more cruises or cruise days does he need too get to Elite, still needs quite a few. Lucky enough he’s Platinum, so he still feels special 🤗. He gets too benefit from my mini bar setup 😉.

35 minutes ago, Loki S said:

Can only stay positive, however going to ask the question why being an Elite member the date I’ve been given is the 17th. I just like to understand how it all works.

Elite booking starts at the same time all around the world. Usually based on a time at Princess HQ. I am not sure what time that is. Could be 8 AM PST or later in the day. Maybe someone can post what that time is.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, caribill said:

Elite booking starts at the same time all around the world. Usually based on a time at Princess HQ. I am not sure what time that is. Could be 8 AM PST or later in the day. Maybe someone can post what that time is.

Here's my experience.  I was once on Grand for a release day and spoke with the cruise consultant a couple of days ahead.  She informed me that even she couldn't book until the starting line time wise had been crossed - she agreed to open her office for me at 6AM ship time (which I think was 9AM PST, we were sailing out of Hawaii) to have best choice of cabins.  When I met her, she said she had checked the evening prior but couldn't hold anything - so even her inside access didn't mean more than my elite number.  Once 6AM arrived, the booking was completed within a couple minutes.  Sadly, it was one of many cancelled this year.

17 hours ago, Loki S said:

Out of curiosity, which would be the best months to visit Alaska? Even if could list the season in order of your opinion.

I don't know if there's a bad month to go.  May and September it tends to be colder.  We've been there in May, June, July and mostly in August which is our favorite month.  The salmon will be running in August and although it might rain (which can happen any time), we like that it does eventually get dark.  Not much darkness in May - June - July.

One consideration is if you're doing a cruisetour.  In May into early June, you may not be able to do the longer tours into the Denali National Park.  We managed to take a shortened Tundra Wilderness Tour in May but the day before our's the tour was cancelled as the road was icy and snowy!  Made for great pictures but that is cutting it too close.  Much better to go in July or August if you're doing land.  Although last year there were fires in July which obliterated all views of Denali and we could smell smoke at the end of the park road in Kantishna!

Alaska is beautiful at any time so I don't think you can go wrong.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

I don't know if there's a bad month to go.  May and September it tends to be colder.  We've been there in May, June, July and mostly in August which is our favorite month.  The salmon will be running in August and although it might rain (which can happen any time), we like that it does eventually get dark.  Not much darkness in May - June - July.

One consideration is if you're doing a cruisetour.  In May into early June, you may not be able to do the longer tours into the Denali National Park.  We managed to take a shortened Tundra Wilderness Tour in May but the day before our's the tour was cancelled as the road was icy and snowy!  Made for great pictures but that is cutting it too close.  Much better to go in July or August if you're doing land.  Although last year there were fires in July which obliterated all views of Denali and we could smell smoke at the end of the park road in Kantishna!

Alaska is beautiful at any time so I don't think you can go wrong.

Thank you for the information, it is greatly appreciated. Unfortunately with my work, I'm limited on the months I can go, so will be looking at from mid-July.

We don't mind the cold at all and have all the gear ready to go. Thought we'd be over prepared just in case of temperature or weather on the day. Went to China once in Winter and that was -20 Celsius, my friend from the region was really worried about this Aussie but I was better prepared than she was. 

5 minutes ago, Loki S said:

Thank you for the information, it is greatly appreciated. Unfortunately with my work, I'm limited on the months I can go, so will be looking at from mid-July.

We don't mind the cold at all and have all the gear ready to go. Thought we'd be over prepared just in case of temperature or weather on the day. Went to China once in Winter and that was -20 Celsius, my friend from the region was really worried about this Aussie but I was better prepared than she was. 

July is normally fine.  We happened to be there when they were setting temperature records.  Still you should plan on layering, some days you may be comfortable in shorts and short sleeved shirts, others in pants and light jackets.

On 12/11/2020 at 12:49 PM, Italy52 said:

If LA-Alaska is for sure, this is the first that I have heard of it ---- thanks!  Do you know what day he/she will be calling you?

I'm not elite but she will let me know what ship on the day it opens up. I think it is 15th or 16th

On 12/11/2020 at 12:49 PM, Italy52 said:

If LA-Alaska is for sure, this is the first that I have heard of it ---- thanks!  Do you know what day he/she will be calling you?

• Like 1

Followed up with our PVP today and she received an update that Alaska 2022 for Elite member opens Wednesday, 16 December 2020. That is also supported by an email my Mum received for Elite Members, fo some strange reason I don’t receive these emails.

It had Japan 2022 Elite window opening on 15 December 2020 and Alaska 2022 Elite window opening 16 December 2020. 

I’ve got my appointment for first thing Wednesday morning, I better get myself organised. Not too hard at the moment as still working from home. She may call a little earlier our time, since she works on daylight savings time which in Queensland we don’t have daylight savings.

This seems to be in-line  with the date difference here to North America.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Loki S said:

Followed up with our PVP today and she received an update that Alaska 2022 for Elite member opens Wednesday, 16 December 2020. That is also supported by an email my Mum received for Elite Members, fo some strange reason I don’t receive these emails.

It had Japan 2022 Elite window opening on 15 December 2020 and Alaska 2022 Elite window opening 16 December 2020. 

I’ve got my appointment for first thing Wednesday morning, I better get myself organised. Not too hard at the moment as still working from home. She may call a little earlier our time, since she works on daylight savings time which in Queensland we don’t have daylight savings.

This seems to be in-line  with the date difference here to North America.

Glad you got that sorted!  And the timing does make sense.  I rarely get the Elite email presale notices any more but I am thankful for the people who post the dates here and on FB.

Anyone hear of the LA. to Alaska that might be coming out tomorrow . ??
Was it just rumors??

Maybe some Travel Agents can give us some , for sure answers.

We never saw the sailing in any thing that was posted yet, that is supposed to come out tomorrow , if Elite 
Any info is really appreciated 

20 minutes ago, Ronnieslady said:

Anyone hear of the LA. to Alaska that might be coming out tomorrow . ??
Was it just rumors??

Maybe some Travel Agents can give us some , for sure answers.

We never saw the sailing in any thing that was posted yet, that is supposed to come out tomorrow , if Elite 
Any info is really appreciated 

It is only rumor at this point. The published list of 2022 Alaska sailings from Princess does NOT include any sailings from LA to Alaska.  Could they release something at a later date?  Possibly, but it is NOT part of the Alaska 2022 deployment opening on 12/16 (12/15 for Elites)

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

39 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

It is only rumor at this point. The published list of 2022 Alaska sailings from Princess does NOT include any sailings from LA to Alaska.  Could they release something at a later date?  Possibly, but it is NOT part of the Alaska 2022 deployment opening on 12/16 (12/15 for Elites)

Thank you so much. There is very little out of L.A. for 2022 summer & fall right now. I guess I will just have to cross my fingers for something to come up soon. 

15 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

Glad you got that sorted!  And the timing does make sense.  I rarely get the Elite email presale notices any more but I am thankful for the people who post the dates here and on FB.

I also agree otherwise I wouldn’t have known sales etc.

Received a phone call from our PVP today confirming our appointment and the details I would be expecting to book for tomorrow morning.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, memoak said:

We are booked for a back to back  Alaska cruise 2021 August September but have some doubts about it actually sailing so booked with my PVP b2b for August 2022 as a backup. Elites can book today

Woo hoo 🥳.

Being an Elite Member we have booked around 2 hours ago our Alaska 2022 14-day August 2022 cruise. Our PVP said the Alaska cruises are filling fast especially the balcony type staterooms. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Loki S said:

Woo hoo 🥳.

Being an Elite Member we have booked around 2 hours ago our Alaska 2022 14-day August 2022 cruise. Our PVP said the Alaska cruises are filling fast especially the balcony type staterooms. 

Congratulations!  Not surprising that the balconies are filling up fast as a lot of people have FCC to use.  What ship will you be sailing on for Alaska?  Hopefully, there will be some balconies left tomorrow for us Platinum people. 😁

13 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Princess only allocate a VERY VERY VERY small # of rooms for the 14 day collector cruises. Most of the inventory is left open for the 1way sailings that are combinable with the land packages.

Well that's not something I want to hear.

3 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Query: How does one get pricing for these? I'm elite but only see the notice that pricing is not yet available.

image.png.ca03c58e04a776620a28a917f14db761.png

When I first went in I could not view them but once I logged on with my Princess account the prices showed up