C19 Vaccination Cards for US Citizens on the Horizon

nelblu

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Exactly. I don't know why everyone is trying to reinvent the wheel here. We have had vaccination records forever. They are needed to enter school. Some vaccinations have been needed, some recommend, to enter certain countries. Forging records has not been some big issue in the past. Now, all of a sudden, we need data bases, bar codes, QR codes, tattoos, micro chips and whatever else people's imaginations can come up with.

People need to get ouside and breathe some fresh air.

And stay off message boards for a bit. I usually do Dry January. May need to add Dry Cruise Critic in January too...LOL

If they make a cool tattoo, I will add it to the 3 I have. 😉

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, junglejane said:

Our school district (Scottsdale) requires incoming students to be vaccinated, but in practice it's an honor system where they accept an assurance of the vaccinations that have been obtained.  If they tried to review written proof, they'd be vetting 10,000 different pieces of paper, as there is no uniformity (plus 10,000 explanations why written proof was lost or unavailable).  They just aren't set up for that.  

I totally agree that some system to verify COVID vaccination could be set up.  But vaccinations start Monday, three days from now, and there appears to be no system beyond giving people paper reminder cards.  

Its actually not that difficult.  I do it all the time as a school nurse.  You check kindergarten, new/transfer students, and 6th graders if k through 8. School nurses start in the summer checking this on the state system, copies of vaccine records with a doctor's stamp,...etc... If from certain countries, students need TB test.  School health services have this down to a science.  There is no way that one person handles 10,000 at one time at a school.  Most I ever did was 350 one summer.  

Easiest system for proof would be a QR code, or a bar code that could be scanned.  I dont have a problem with this or a card showing I got the vaccine.  I had to carry one year a copy of proof I got a flu shot so I could enter pediatric health facilities.  Recently I had to show proof about 5x that I had a negative covid test and a approved health visa for the Bahamas.  Its not a big deal.  

Edited by jean87510

15 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

Its actually not that difficult.  I do it all the time as a school nurse.  You check kindergarten, new/transfer students, and 6th graders if k through 8. School nurses start in the summer checking this on the state system, copies of vaccine records with a doctor's stamp,...etc... If from certain countries, students need TB test.  School health services have this down to a science.  There is no way that one person handles 10,000 at one time at a school.  Most I ever did was 350 one summer.  

Easiest system for proof would be a QR code, or a bar code that could be scanned.  I dont have a problem with this or a card showing I got the vaccine.  I had to carry one year a copy of proof I got a flu shot so I could enter pediatric health facilities.  Recently I had to show proof about 5x that I had a negative covid test and a approved health visa for the Bahamas.  Its not a big deal.  

Heck, when my kids were in elementary school, all parent volunteers had to have a tb test to do anything with students.  I and one other mom set up the computer lab (early 90's), I went on field trips, helped out in the classrooms, etc so I got one.  I can't remember if or how I had to prove it.  It didn't matter where we were from.  Of course, all kids had them anyway.  Both my boys had tb tests before they started kindergarten.  

13 hours ago, Digjharper said:

Pretty certain the Royal and numerous airlines and possibly countries will not be allowing anyone in if they do not have proof of vaccination and rightly so in my humble point of view.

Not going happen, at least in US. Been stated here that there is not going to be a mandate to receive Vaccine. Goal is try and get 70% to take it, polls show lucky if 50% will. Then as said above kids, if it's developed/required/needed for them you're looking at best case into 2022(probable Fall) before they could cover them. Besides kids there is Pregnant Woman, Transplant Recipient's and many others the Current Vaccines were not tested on or for. Even US Military has no plans giving to them. Have no problem taking it myself, around multiple high risk family members, but dont even see me and my kids(20's) able to even receive it until after 200 million other Americans already listed to receive. So back to point, don't see it required for Travel for sure US Fights/Cruises. Other Countries, possible

Edited by ONECRUISER

19 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

So back to point, don't see it required for Travel for sure US Fights/Cruises. Other Countries, possible

NCL is "looking into it" and Del Rio will let us know lol 😉

"Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings (NCLH) CEO Frank Del Rio said the cruise company is looking at whether or not being vaccinated can be required of cruisers. 

“It will certainly be a requirement for the crew,” he told John Lovell, president of Travel Leaders Group during a chat today on Zoom. “But it’s too early to tell whether we have the legal standing to mandate that you take a vaccine to come onboard -- lawyers are looking at it as we speak. But there is talk beginning to emerge from different corners of the travel industry, the airlines as well, of requiring some kind of immunity passport demonstrating that you’ve had the virus or been vaccinated, so that you are good to go.

“We have to build confidence in our customers and among ourselves that it’s safe to cruise,” he said.

https://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/Norwegian-is-looking-into-the-legality-of-vaccination-requirement

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, SeaHunt said:

NCL is "looking into it" and Del Rio will let us know lol 😉

"Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings (NCLH) CEO Frank Del Rio said the cruise company is looking at whether or not being vaccinated can be required of cruisers. 

“It will certainly be a requirement for the crew,” he told John Lovell, president of Travel Leaders Group during a chat today on Zoom. “But it’s too early to tell whether we have the legal standing to mandate that you take a vaccine to come onboard -- lawyers are looking at it as we speak. But there is talk beginning to emerge from different corners of the travel industry, the airlines as well, of requiring some kind of immunity passport demonstrating that you’ve had the virus or been vaccinated, so that you are good to go.

“We have to build confidence in our customers and among ourselves that it’s safe to cruise,” he said.

https://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/Norwegian-is-looking-into-the-legality-of-vaccination-requirement

Agree certain Essential workers will be required, though like it says in your posting “But it’s too early to tell whether we have the legal standing to mandate that you take a vaccine to come onboard" If goal take yrs in US Courts get that done...as I said probably 2 yrs get all Citizens covered(if inc kids), not counting if annual boosters would be needed. Goal is to protect Vulneralble, not a 100%...   Fauci believes that December through March will be spent vaccinating the high-priority groups. He projects that by April, it'll be "open season" in the sense of anyone, even the non-high-priority groups, could get vaccinated." And for a look at potential complications. Some Americans will refuse to get vaccinated entirely, so the U.S. will likely never be fully vaccinated. However, Fauci predicts that by "the end of the second quarter into the summer, we'll have a veil of protection through a combination of herd immunity and vaccinations that would really essentially protect all the vulnerable"

On 12/10/2020 at 1:30 PM, yogimax said:

They have to develop something with a bar code that can be scanned into a database.

We print hundreds of bar codes each day and I can print any barcode required with a 30 second input.  Ooooh barcode technology... that will solve everything... it is so complex.  

Sigh....😄

I just read in our newspapers that at the start of the shots - sometime in the next 10 days- that 50% are unwilling to get vaccinated. It just made me smile- if they wanna travel- anywhere in the not so distant future - they have to get their shot- otherwise it is staying home and keep complaining about everyhting and everyone. LOL.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Actually offensive!

Oh stop being so political with everything. You seem to be offended by everything and anything you do not agree with. If you are offended then that is your problem. I'm sure many have been offended by your post and have said nothing.You will live I'm sure.

Edited by skywonder
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Actually offensive!

18 minutes ago, skywonder said:

Oh stop being so political with everything. You seem to be offended by everything and anything you do not agree with. If you are offended then that is your problem. I'm sure many have been offended by your post and have said nothing.You will live I'm sure.

Well said.

• Like 2

On 12/10/2020 at 6:25 PM, cured said:

CLEAR (airport CLEAR) is currently working on an app to provide proof of vaccination.  The app won't show your medical history but will flash green to indicated proof of vaccination.

They are anticipating that this app will be widely used since it is believed that most private and public businesses from a small restaurant to flying to large concerts, to sports arenas and even cruising will require proof of vaccination to utilize the their services.

I guess those who are hell bent on not owning or using a smartphone will be out of luck.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I guess those who are hell bent on not owning or using a smartphone will be out of luck.

They will have the vaccine paper with all their other papers in their folders or binder and will be struggling to locate it as usual while standing in line at the port.  While I will have my Galaxy with everything downloaded ready to go plus my passport.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

They sell vaccine certificate cards on Amazon. They come with a vinyl cover. Only 20 left. 

Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 1.49.05 AM.png

Great, will order one same time getting my Fake Certificate for my Lap/Helper Dog. Without her assistance can't tell if I like the Cruise. Will my dog need to wear a Mask if she's had a Covid Vaccine? 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, skywonder said:

Not capable of it.  Years of it.

9 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I can see using an app or something similar when you have cell/data coverage but am curious how that would work when you're in a country/place where you don't. Ex.....embarkation in a foreign port. 

8 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

I can see using an app or something similar when you have cell/data coverage but am curious how that would work when you're in a country/place where you don't. Ex.....embarkation in a foreign port. 

The cruise line/airline would have to provide guest wifi service. Public wifi is not uncommon.