What would you do with a booking April 9, 2021?

FreestyleNovice

19 minutes ago, TFree said:

@PTC DAWG: Two questions.  First, is there a typo in the Edge sailing date you are referring to?  We have an Edge transatlantic currently booked, leaving Ft. Lauderdale on 4/18/2021.  The ship should be in the middle of the ocean on 4/21/2021.  Second, why would you make final payment now, if it is not due until (presumably) some time in January?  My plan has been to wait until the last minute, and then at least inquire whether Celebrity will extend the final payment date, to see if my sailing is actually going to go.

Tom & Judy

I can't answer your first question, but hopefully it's just a typo. As for the second question, as his payment is by FCC, it really doesn't matter when he applies it, now or final payment date, as it's not money out of his pocket.

We too are booked on the April 9,2021 Connie cruise out of Tampa.  It has not been changed or cancelled as of 10 minutes ago.  I will most likely wait and see what happens.  This cruise replaced my April 9, 2020 Royal Caribbean cruise also out of Tampa.  Maybe I am not supposed to sail out of Tampa again.  It is way past time Celebrity makes a decision and informs us.  

34 minutes ago, TFree said:

@PTC DAWG: Two questions.  First, is there a typo in the Edge sailing date you are referring to?  We have an Edge transatlantic currently booked, leaving Ft. Lauderdale on 4/18/2021.  The ship should be in the middle of the ocean on 4/21/2021.  Second, why would you make final payment now, if it is not due until (presumably) some time in January?  My plan has been to wait until the last minute, and then at least inquire whether Celebrity will extend the final payment date, to see if my sailing is actually going to go.

Tom & Judy

Yes, typo, meant 3/21/2022...

And why can’t we have the edit function back? Or am I missing it...?

15 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

I can't answer your first question, but hopefully it's just a typo. As for the second question, as his payment is by FCC, it really doesn't matter when he applies it, now or final payment date, as it's not money out of his pocket.

You are correct.  Final pay was due just before Christmas...I just went ahead and applied the FCC’s in case...I think I still owe around $100 after they are applied...I’ll pay it and play the waiting game..nice Sunset Veranda and $600 OBC...

• Like 1

We are booked on the Reflection Transatlantic from Ft. Lauderdale to Amsterdam.  Leave April 19...16 nights.... Has not been available to book on X or anywhere for weeks now...but no one at X is talking about what the plans are.

Final pay is January 19....we will cancel if things haven't changed dramatically.  We have no option for a lift & shift because we already have cruises booked in April 2022 and as others have said that "extra" 25% FCC doesn't mean much with the new pricing structure.....we'll get our refund and move on........

IMO, the 125% credit is not a good deal. Celebrity has control of prices and could double the fares, making your extra 25% credit worthless.

Our January 2020 cruise was cancelled. I most likely will request a full refund. I am slightly tempted by the lift and shift offer because we had an exceptional deal. If everything, including $700 OBC will transfer over, I may book the same cruise for 2021. We have until March to decide.

We had a five night Infinity cruise leaving on April 5, 2021.

After watching the out of control covid spread here in Florida, we decided that there was no way that Florida would have any ships sailing from a Florida port by April (May might also be iffy).

We cancelled last week.

I had a cruise starting mid-May out of London (Viking Midnight Sun cruise) and I canceled the week prior to the final payment. I’ve already tied up a goodly sum in FCC’s so it was time to pull the plug. 

Not going to Europe probably until 2022 and just booked a neat Thanksgiving cruise on Apex. Can’t wait to be on board that beauty. Been to the ports before, but they are nice and mainly going to enjoy the ship.

Den

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Marelaine said:

IMO, the 125% credit is not a good deal. Celebrity has control of prices and could double the fares, making your extra 25% credit worthless.

Our January 2020 cruise was cancelled. I most likely will request a full refund. I am slightly tempted by the lift and shift offer because we had an exceptional deal. If everything, including $700 OBC will transfer over, I may book the same cruise for 2021. We have until March to decide.

I think you need to check your options.  To me it looks like you would need to L&S by TOMORROW if you want to protect your price and perks on a qualifying cruise.   FAQ on suspended sailings says the deadline to L&S Jan&Feb cancelled cruises is December 16, 2020!

For L&S all perks provided by Celebrity including OBC will be moved to the new cruise.  Any OBC or perks provided by the TA could change.  My TA has honored his OBC on all sailings I moved.

My cruise was cancelled by Celebrity Cruises as part of the global suspension of sailing, can I take advantage of “Lift & Shift”?

Yes. If you had a booking on a cruise that was canceled by Celebrity Cruises as part of the global sailing suspension, you are eligible to ‘Lift & Shift’ it, in lieu of getting a 125% FCC or a refund, but the deadline for  doing so may be earlier than the January 31, 2021 deadline for “Lifting & Shifting” an active booking under the Cruise with Confidence program. You would need to “Lift & Shift” your booking from the cruise Celebrity cancelled on or before the deadline shown below for that sailing. If you do not “Lift & Shift” your booking by the relevant deadline, the 125% FCC will automatically be issued for your booking.

CANCELLED SAIL DATES

DEADLINE FOR "LIFT & SHIFT"

JANUARY 1 – FEBRUARY 28, 2021 AND SOUTH AMERICA (1/3/2021 – 4/7/2021)

(excluding any previously announced suspended sailings)

December 16, 2020

Edited by wrk2cruise
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Denny01 said:

I had a cruise starting mid-May out of London (Viking Midnight Sun cruise) and I canceled the week prior to the final payment. I’ve already tied up a goodly sum in FCC’s so it was time to pull the plug. 

Not going to Europe probably until 2022 and just booked a neat Thanksgiving cruise on Apex. Can’t wait to be on board that beauty. Been to the ports before, but they are nice and mainly going to enjoy the ship.

Den

you are exactly the kind of customer that X is looking for - and I mean that in a good way.  Dabbling with the next notch up -Viking Ocean - and viewing the ship as a legitimate part of the vacation, not just a conveyance to the next port

4 hours ago, tfred said:

you are exactly the kind of customer that X is looking for - and I mean that in a good way.  Dabbling with the next notch up -Viking Ocean - and viewing the ship as a legitimate part of the vacation, not just a conveyance to the next port

We live on the Fl Panhandle a few miles from the Gulf and a block or so off the bay/bayou here so when we cruise the Caribbean, I kind of joke that we have better beaches than most of the ports, better restaurants (especially understanding there is a very fine and Free restaurant back on that 14-story ship!),, and I can buy Chinese stuff here as where as there. So when we cruise the Caribbean, its for the ship,  usually not the ports of call. 

But I do enjoy San Juan and St Kitts. 

And if I’m going to enjoy a ship, the Apex is IT for me, especially with the ‘kind-of-all-included’ additions Celebrity is adding now. 

Den

Just read all the posts on this thread hoping for some pearls of wisdom.  I am booked B2B on Apex April 10 and 17 and facing final payments Dec 27 and Dec 30.  What to do?  Feeling like locking in the suite price is the best option.

17 minutes ago, Sam.Seattle said:

Just read all the posts on this thread hoping for some pearls of wisdom.  I am booked B2B on Apex April 10 and 17 and facing final payments Dec 27 and Dec 30.  What to do?  Feeling like locking in the suite price is the best option.

Unless Celebrity cancels it before final payment, doubtful they will, if it were me, I'd not make final payment.  That's just me, I did this for a May 2021 cruise.  Just felt to risky.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Unless Celebrity cancels it before final payment, doubtful they will, if it were me, I'd not make final payment.  That's just me, I did this for a May 2021 cruise.  Just felt to risky.

I appreciate your reply...

I am hopeful we will have received the vaccine if the ship sails.  

Will keep considering my options.

Cheers!

🥂

On 12/15/2020 at 10:45 PM, Sam.Seattle said:

If you got a good deal you don't want to chance them cancelling I'd consider a L&S to next year if you are at all concerned with going even if it does sail.  This was a pretty interesting artlice wrt their current thinking about the restart.

https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/celebrity-sales-leaders-end-no-sail-near-and-whats-behind-new-luxury

Hubby and I were booked on that cruise to celebrate his retirement. Back in August we sat down and had "the talk". Even if that cruise sailed we had no idea what it would look like. Then he told me  that he wanted to work another year because the 401k took a minor covid hit and we had to buy a new tractor. So I went online and found a 10 night Eastern Caribbean 3/21/22 on Millie and with a heavy heart I lifted and shifted. It stung a little but with hindsight being what it is, we are glad we did it. We had booked it on MLK day and got a 25$ deposit and 450$obc and premium drinks. I believe we will be vaccinated by then and we will sail for the full 10 nights.  

1 hour ago, diamondintn said:

Hubby and I were booked on that cruise to celebrate his retirement. Back in August we sat down and had "the talk". Even if that cruise sailed we had no idea what it would look like. Then he told me  that he wanted to work another year because the 401k took a minor covid hit and we had to buy a new tractor. So I went online and found a 10 night Eastern Caribbean 3/21/22 on Millie and with a heavy heart I lifted and shifted. It stung a little but with hindsight being what it is, we are glad we did it. We had booked it on MLK day and got a 25$ deposit and 450$obc and premium drinks. I believe we will be vaccinated by then and we will sail for the full 10 nights.  

You kept a good deal, got a new tractor,  and achieved peace of mind....'The Talk' worked out...good for you both. 😊

2 hours ago, diamondintn said:

This is what's so great about cruising and this cruise forum, meeting/chatting people from all walks of life! A native NY'er and now living in Center City Philadelphia BUYING a tractor is so far from my life experience. EDIT: The closest I would come to buying a tractor is buying John Deere Stock for my retirement portfolio,lol.

Good luck to you and your husband, you will definitely be able to go on that cruise.  

Edited by kwokpot
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, diamondintn said:

My wife & I are also booked on the 3/21/22 Millie 10 night and the 4 day after it to give us a 14 night cruise.

On 12/14/2020 at 2:38 PM, FreestyleNovice said:

Thanks so far all! 

I am surprised no one said to pay in full to benefit from the 125% credit and then book a new cruise? The idea  came up as it would land some +1000 USD (not sure if tax and fees are included LOL)? Is your trust in Celebrity surviving Covid-19 that low? Again, curious to hear other's opinions. :classic_smile:

I am not planning on us taking the cruise, we don't have flight reservations which we normally would have by now nor I am believing it will take place, perhaps besides a small wishful thinking voice somewhere.. 

We will look into L&S!

They pretty much doubled the prices (at least when paying in CAD) so I wouldn't.

• Like 1

I would say no, unless you have a bunch of other cruises scheduled in May, Jul, Sep, etc.  If they do have something in April (cross fingers) it would be rather limited.

BTW I do like Southern Carribean better than East or West.

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 1