FCC’s extended....sort of

35 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I just saw this on one of my e mails.  Looks like people who cancelled prior to the 16th are not part of this.

only one date to remember — Book and Sail by April 30th, 2022! This includes all unredeemed FCCs generated as a result of a suspended sailing, the Cruise with Confidence program, and non-refundable deposit credits issued after March 16, 2020. 

I cancelled on March 10th and my email that I received today does not say what you have quoted above.  Mine says our FCCs have been extended to April 30, 2022.  

1 minute ago, reallyitsmema said:

I cancelled on March 10th and my email that I received today does not say what you have quoted above.  Mine says our FCCs have been extended to April 30, 2022.  

As I mentioned in the post above I said I wasn't sure whether they referred to when the cruise was cancelled or when the FCC was issued which would be weeks if not months after the cruise was cancelled.

Thanks, you have now confirmed that it is indeed when the FCC was issued.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

As I mentioned in the post above I said I wasn't sure whether they referred to when the cruise was cancelled or when the FCC was issued which would be weeks if not months after the cruise was cancelled.

Thanks, you have now confirmed that it is indeed when the FCC was issued.

My cruise was cancelled on March 10th and the FCCs were issued on March 19th.

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You were lucky.

With the FCC portion of the refund, absolutely, with the cash portion of this, not so much.  I forget the exact timing but it was months.  They were in the learning curve at the time and this was cancelled hours before they stopped doing FCC and cash.  

5 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

With the FCC portion of the refund, absolutely, with the cash portion of this, not so much.  I forget the exact timing but it was months.  They were in the learning curve at the time and this was cancelled hours before they stopped doing FCC and cash.  

The first several months were horrendous....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

I bet they'll extend double points as well.....again.

5 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

I bet they'll extend double points as well.....again.

From another post,

The Loyalty 2X Points benefit offers double the Crown and Anchor Society points per night, and was limited to 2021 cruises that were booked by December 31, 2020.

Instead, all bookings made through January 31, 2021 and departing between March 1, 2021 and March 31, 2022 will qualify for the double points.

Edited December 8 by molly361

9 minutes ago, CTCruiser76 said:

To continue the FCC questions....are you able to combine FCC's yet?  We are going to have 1 RCCL cancelled FCC and possibly 2 pre final payment cancellations deposit FFC'S that we will need to use.....combining would be beneficial. 

I don't believe so...but Ken will come along soon with the definite answer.

Edited by Ashland
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CTCruiser76 said:

To continue the FCC questions....are you able to combine FCC's yet?  We are going to have 1 RCCL cancelled FCC and possibly 2 pre final payment cancellations deposit FFC'S that we will need to use.....combining would be beneficial. 

At this time stacking of FCC’s is not allowed.  Only one per person can be applied. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/17/2020 at 2:40 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Great news for all that had FCC’s that were issued under CWC (you cancelled).  They have now been extended until April 30, 2022 whereas before they expired Dec. 30, 2021.

I wish RC would home port a ship in Europe over winter, maybe going to Canary Islands. It would give us the opportunity of cruises during the winter 21/22 and to use our FCC without having to travel too far 

Edited by sgmn

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

I wish RC would home port a ship in Europe over winter, maybe going to Canary Islands. It would give us the opportunity of cruises during the winter 21/22 and to use our FCC without having to travel too far 

Hello,

The Independence used to stay here and do 2 x 18 Night 'Ultimate Mediterranean'  over Christmas and New Year but it had to be heavily discounted. In the last year, the 2 x 18 nights were cancelled and replaced by 3 x 12 nights to the Canaries after which time the Indy returned to the US after the end of the 'UK season'.

One of the problems is the ships, with open decks, are not really suitable for northern European weather.

I too wish there was still something here over winter.

Regards,

Cublet

On 12/17/2020 at 9:40 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

Great news for all that had FCC’s that were issued under CWC (you cancelled).  They have now been extended until April 30, 2022 whereas before they expired Dec. 30, 2021.

Thank you for sharing this wonderful news. We were able to use the CWC FCC on 2 Feb 2022 Caribbean cruises that we want to book but couldn't when the expire was 12/31/2021.  Just wanted to let you know how much we appreciated your post.  Thank you!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cublet said:

One of the problems is the ships, with open decks, are not really suitable for northern European weather.

I too wish there was still something here over winter.

Regards,

Cublet

Thanks Cublet, I was thinking maybe Anthem would be a good fit for a Mediterranean winter season with its indoor spaces and swimming pools

Regards Sue

12 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Thanks Cublet, I was thinking maybe Anthem would be a good fit for a Mediterranean winter season with its indoor spaces and swimming pools

Regards Sue

That's why she sails out of NJ!  Remember sailing as the snow came down and the crew was trying to get off the decks. Still plenty to do indoors.   But a winter sailing in the med would be nice.

• Like 1

On 12/17/2020 at 11:41 AM, dani negreanu said:

Pls. Ken, a question for friends --

We were with them on the Millennium exactly 2 years ago and they got FCC for A/C not functioning in their cabin (300$ pp).

They applied it towards same ship March 2020. The cruise was cancelled by X. The FCC expires this month.

Is this extension relevant to them? Thanks in advance, Dani 🌼

I believe that if they call Dani, the expiration date will be extended until the book by date of Dec. 31, 2021 and sail by date of April 31, 2022. 

We had a similar situation with a 2018 FCC from (sewage flooding). We had applied it to a Nov. 2020 transatlantic, which was cancelled. When I called to find the status, they gave me certificate numbers and the date extensions cited above. 

I never seem to receive these emails with the certificate numbers and dates, they always seem to give them to me and apply them over the phone. :classic_rolleyes::classic_smile:

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

All FCC’s issued after March 16, 2020 now have an apply by and sail by date of April 30, 2022.  

But they were issued in 2018 and applied to 2020 cruises Ken. :classic_smile: I had to call and get it sort of re-issued (if you will) and the expiration date extended. And I had to get the certificate numbers anyway, because I never received them originally. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ashland said:

I was just able to use an excess FCC amount ($2525.00) from a booked April 2022 cruise to a July 26, 2022 cruise.

Is  that because once you applied your FCC to an April 2022 cruise the date for the new FCC would be April 2023?

13 hours ago, Coralc said:

I never seem to receive these emails with the certificate numbers and dates, they always seem to give them to me and apply them over the phone. :classic_rolleyes::classic_smile:

With every FCC I have ever received, I have never...not once....gotten an email with the FCC information included.  I have always had to go through my TA to get the information.  Not sure why, but we just never get them directly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1