2020 Cunard Christmas ecard?

bluemarble

Has anyone received a Christmas ecard from Cunard this year? If they are cutting back this year it would be understandable. I am still receiving other fairly regular marketing email from them.

One email I received about a week ago has the subject "A sparkling reason to celebrate." which appears to be targeted to New Year's celebrations. That email discusses "Popping the cork on a world of favorites.", "Become a certified wine taster.", "Cocktail trends and a recipe to try at home." and "Your perfect serve."

1 hour ago, bluemarble said:

Has anyone received a Christmas ecard from Cunard this year? If they are cutting back this year it would be understandable. I am still receiving other fairly regular marketing email from them.

One email I received about a week ago has the subject "A sparkling reason to celebrate." which appears to be targeted to New Year's celebrations. That email discusses "Popping the cork on a world of favorites.", "Become a certified wine taster.", "Cocktail trends and a recipe to try at home." and "Your perfect serve."

Received Cunard Christmas Card by post and email about a week later, plus a personal card by post from our PCS.

49 minutes ago, Colin_Cameron said:

No e-card, but we got the same 'real' card. 

Strangely I can see minor variations in the signature. Surely they're not really signed?

Just tested the signature on our card by wetting it. It’s a printed signature . Simon could get RSI signing all the cards personally! 🙂

Maybe it's a British thing? Have any Yankees gotten anything? (of course this is of no real importance...people in dire straits with covid, our country in the throes of massive political issues and here I'm talking about a commercial Xmas card. Feeling guilty!)

57 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

@North West Newbie did an excellent job of scanning the physical card.

Would someone who has received the ecard be willing to post the URL for it which shows up under "Click here" to view online (assuming there is such a link in the ecard and assuming that link doesn't reveal any personal information)?

Unfortunately, the URL does include personal information but I have extracted the .gif file of the ecard itself which is anonymised. Hopefully this will suffice.

seasons-greetings-2020-HR.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, North West Newbie said:

Unfortunately, the URL does include personal information but I have extracted the .gif file of the ecard itself which is anonymised. Hopefully this will suffice.

Thank you so much! That does indeed suffice. Good to have a copy of the original graphic showing its animation. I have an archive of the Cunard Christmas card graphics going back to 2007. This helps me keep the string going in case we don't get a Cunard ecard this year.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

Thank you so much! That does indeed suffice. Good to have a copy of the original graphic showing its animation. I have an archive of the Cunard Christmas card graphics going back to 2007. This helps me keep the string going in case we don't get a Cunard ecard this year.

Will you be sharing them with us at some point ?

7 hours ago, Mudhen said:

Maybe it's a British thing? Have any Yankees gotten anything? (of course this is of no real importance...people in dire straits with covid, our country in the throes of massive political issues and here I'm talking about a commercial Xmas card. Feeling guilty!)

I got the ecard - I don't think I have ever gotten a "real" card from Cunard.