More suspensions coming?

16 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

Just read a rumor on a cruisefan FB group page that Royal will cancel all US-based cruises through October 2021. I really would like to cruise this summer. 

So sad...but honestly wouldn't be surprised.  Wait for majority to get vaccinated, crew to return, ports to be open, general travel to be open, etc etc

Even flu shots this year, we barely were able to get one...so can only imagine how long it will take for this well needed vaccine.  Don't know why Royal waits to notify as there is no way that March is running...but guess it's all cash flow and handling FCCs, cancellations and refunds.

Edited by LuCruise

2 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

So sad...but honestly wouldn't be surprised.  Wait for majority to get vaccinated, crew to return, ports to be open, general travel to be open, etc etc

Even flu shots this year, we barely were able to get one...so can only imagine how long it will take for this well needed vaccine.  Don't know why Royal waits to notify as there is no way that March is running...but guess it's all cash flow and handling FCCs, cancellations and refunds.

I am expecting March through May to cancel, but I really thought that some cruises would go out of Florida this summer.

17 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

Just read a rumor on a cruisefan FB group page that Royal will cancel all US-based cruises through October 2021. I really would like to cruise this summer. 

I'm glad you said rumor. Makes me think, hmmm when "will" RCG officially make the announcement. SOP after final payment. But my Magic 8 Ball says, "ask again later". 

• Haha 1

Just now, sandebeach said:

I am expecting March through May to cancel, but I really thought that some cruises would go out of Florida this summer.

Yeah, I have mentally given up on my August cruise, but that's because it's out of New Jersey and Royal has significantly raised the price (which is a bad sign).  But yeah, perhaps a few of the shorter ones might have started up.  But without a vaccine, each cruise is still a big risk.

2 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I'm glad you said rumor. Makes me think, hmmm when "will" RCG officially make the announcement. SOP after final payment. But my Magic 8 Ball says, "ask again later". 

A rumor, but from the same person who said last March that the CDC wanted to cancel all cruises through March 2021.  Who knew back then what a year it would be!!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Yeah, I have mentally given up on my August cruise, but that's because it's out of New Jersey and Royal has significantly raised the price (which is a bad sign).  But yeah, perhaps a few of the shorter ones might have started up.  But without a vaccine, each cruise is still a big risk.

So true. 

1 minute ago, sandebeach said:

A rumor, but from the same person who said last March that the CDC wanted to cancel all cruises through March 2021.  Who knew back then what a year it would be!!!

No argument. ✌️ That's what is frustrating to most of us. My point (only speaking for myself) is "when will" RCG actually make the official announcement if it's not a rumor. Instead of holding their cards close to their chest. Still waiting for the RCG to make the official announcement that March cruises are going to be canceled. 

18 minutes ago, davekathy said:

No argument. ✌️ That's what is frustrating to most of us. My point (only speaking for myself) is "when will" RCG actually make the official announcement if it's not a rumor. Instead of holding their cards close to their chest. Still waiting for the RCG to make the official announcement that March cruises are going to be canceled. 

I thought it would be this week, we shall wait and see. 

1 hour ago, sandebeach said:

Then I would like my money that is tied up in FCC's back. I had a suite and no choice but to do a non-refundable $1000.00 deposit. That FCC was then applied to my March 2021 cruise that is not going to sail. If they cancel cruises through Oct of 2021 then they should be giving people their money back, ALL of it. Those FCC's are becoming more and more worthless and they get to keep money as a no interest loan.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

Mayr be they forgot to mention that it was the 8 day and longer cruises.  That would make total sense

52 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Mayr be they forgot to mention that it was the 8 day and longer cruises.  That would make total sense

I am hoping that the summer8-day Independence cruises just get shortened to 7 days and the 6-day cruises become 7 days. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, WeMissSeaView said:

I wish Royal would address the 8 day and longer cruises.  I have four 8+ cruises booked that sail before November and the first is at the end of April.  Royal must consider information as valuable and so they hoard it.

I am hoping that they let us know. I would be ok with my 8-day dropping to a 7 day, and getting a pro-rated price adjustment. 

2 hours ago, sandebeach said:

I thought it would be this week, we shall wait and see. 

It was....didn't you see the so called "latest update" posted on Tuesday on RCI website?  Nice reprint of the same lame update from last month.  😣

Which makes me believe they will leave us hanging again until "update" posting next month.  😡

1 hour ago, Hammergirl said:

Then I would like my money that is tied up in FCC's back. I had a suite and no choice but to do a non-refundable $1000.00 deposit. That FCC was then applied to my March 2021 cruise that is not going to sail. If they cancel cruises through Oct of 2021 then they should be giving people their money back, ALL of it. Those FCC's are becoming more and more worthless and they get to keep money as a no interest loan.

+1

This will become a really big issue soon. I have been able to “schedule” use of my FCCs, but not if there are cancellations into the summer. Additionally, my DD can only go in the summer, and we rolled a summer 2020 FCC into summer 2021. If that gets cancelled we are SOL, unless they extend use of the FCCs. They could make the extension only for cruises after some date, like April 2021 or something ....

I have one more FCC I can convert to cash, which I will probably do after they announce the next wave of cancellations. 

mac_tlc

17 minutes ago, island lady said:

It was....didn't you see the so called "latest update" posted on Tuesday on RCI website?  Nice reprint of the same lame update from last month.  😣

Which makes me believe they will leave us hanging again until "update" posting next month.  😡

I looked at website yesterday and thought “Oh, something new” but it wasn’t! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

I am reading on another FB cruise page that Princess told TAs, per CDC ruling, that they can not schedule any B2B cruises and cruisers will eventually have to pick Leg 1 or Leg 2. Anyone else hear this?

Long time ago I posted the blogger saying this. I've seen ourusualbeach beach post this at least 3 times but could have been more, 3 times I've seen he says princess is not allowing you to book b2bs and must be some reason. Old news about princess, maybe since end of October 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

April final payments.  😉 

LOL our cruise has been paid for since before last May....then lifted shifted 5 times...now awaiting for APril 4th sailing fingers crossed...doesn't look good, but then I get vaccinated sometime in February according to our governor.