The Daily for Friday Jan 1, 2021 -- Happy New Year!!!

richwmn

Thanks to Rich and Roy for maintaining the Daily. I am a constant lurker and occasional poster that really appreciates your efforts. I only noticed one contribution (from Georgia) that mentioned our traditional New Years menu - Collard Greens and Black Eyed Peas. Ours will be in a soup form tonight. New Years is always special in our house since it is also my birthday. Happy New Year to everyone.

• Like 14

11 hours ago, richwmn said:

I hope all the lurkers will check in an let us know who they are, for they are part of it as well.

Well, I lurk every day although usually am silent, as I rarely have anything substantive to add.  But I'm really thinkin' about Rotterdam's inaugural 21-day so perhaps I'll actually meet you @richwmn and @Vict0riann.

Anyway, healthy and prosperous new year to all and thanks for sustaining this thread.

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, ernieb said:

Thanks to Rich and Roy for maintaining the Daily. I am a constant lurker and occasional poster that really appreciates your efforts. I only noticed one contribution (from Georgia) that mentioned our traditional New Years menu - Collard Greens and Black Eyed Peas. Ours will be in a soup form tonight. New Years is always special in our house since it is also my birthday. Happy New Year to everyone.

Happy Birthday, Ernie! Hope I guessed your first name correctly. If not, I apologize! But please, make your wish regardless!

4E9E844F-2A99-4986-9DE8-A47C70D85430.jpeg

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Av8rix said:

Well, I lurk every day although usually am silent, as I rarely have anything substantive to add.  But I'm really thinkin' about Rotterdam's inaugural 21-day so perhaps I'll actually meet you @richwmn and @Vict0riann.

Anyway, healthy and prosperous new year to all and thanks for sustaining this thread.

I am sorry, but I do not think you get to decide what we think is substantive.  Right everybody? 

I mentioned French Canadian pork pie & look where it got me! Three new friends! Hope to see more from you!

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, ernieb said:

New Years is always special in our house since it is also my birthday. Happy New Year to everyone.

Happy Birthday to you; I have a cousin who shares the day of celebration with you!  You're always welcome here, as are all other lurkers!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 8

9 minutes ago, Av8rix said:

Yay!  Hope it all goes to plan.

• Like 6

Happy New Year to everyone who reads the Daily. Thank you to Rich and Roy for maintaining the topic. I am a lurker who reads it every day and really enjoys all the posts from different parts of the world. Here on the far south coast of New South Wales, it is cool and overcast with rain forecast for the next week. This time last year we were surrounded by bush fires and had just spent the new year huddled on the beach with children, dogs, horses and a thousand other people. So, no one is complaining about the weather this year. 
I wish everyone a healthy and happy year, stay safe.

• Like 20

18 minutes ago, ernieb said:

Welcome aboard and Happy Birthday.

Roy

• Like 5

1 hour ago, smitty34877 said:

@kazu and  VictOriann, I  too have  those  dishes  and  love  to  see  the  beautiful  food  displays  on  them. My  OCD  forces  me  to line  up  the  plates  so  that  the   flying  birds  are  on  the  top. Yes, I  am  one  of  those.....

My thought was that on a ship the patterns would have been upright,!  I guess I’m OCD too...

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, daisybertie said:

Happy New Year to everyone who reads the Daily. Thank you to Rich and Roy for maintaining the topic. I am a lurker who reads it every day and really enjoys all the posts from different parts of the world. Here on the far south coast of New South Wales, it is cool and overcast with rain forecast for the next week. This time last year we were surrounded by bush fires and had just spent the new year huddled on the beach with children, dogs, horses and a thousand other people. So, no one is complaining about the weather this year. 
I wish everyone a healthy and happy year, stay safe.

Welcome! And it is encouraging to learn that 2021 is already starting out better!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, kazu said:

He is the best 🙂. I loved our get to know your neighbourhood party he did on the Prinsendam.  An officer on every deck.  Just put your glass out and they poured.  It was a lot of fun.

Unfortunately we had done our wine social already so there were a lot of people that came out of my room.   You should have seen the looks 😉
. An officer ran for more sparkly stuff. 😄 

For sure, we all enjoyed his neighborhood party.  A meet your neighbor get-together is what they probably called it.  One other HAL Captain did that one cruise we were on but unfortunately his name escapes me.🙁

The Captain whose name shall not be repeated had a neighborhood party for us on the Quest Antarctica cruise and it was well received there too.  I'm always game for a free glass of champagne (except for a Park West art auction).

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Thanks for the link! It was very interesting, I might have to import the pretzel tradition to Minnesota...

• Like 6

Has taken a while to read through the eight pages of the daily today, welcome to all the "lurkers" for joining in..

Thanks to @richwmn and @rafinmd for the daily updates.   Rich your feline family will be so pleased that you are home again.

Thanks for all the photos and recipes.

For us, the second day of 2021 is foggy and raining,  the rain is becoming heavier as the day progresses.

Stay safe  and well everyone.

Happy New Year.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, ernieb said:

Happy Birthday ernie.

• Like 4

Happy New Year Rich and everyone. The dog could hear people screaming shortly before the fireworks started so I woke up and wrapped her in a blanket and held her until they stopped.They were really pretty. 8 pages wow. Is that a record?

• Like 9

okay here goes.... I am a lurker !   I am also not a computer person (I actually hate them) so I will probably never post a picture or a funny meme or cartoon because I really dont know how.  may I just say how much I appreciate all of you for giving me the best time of every day when I read what you are all up to. reading this column every day (for the last 5 or6 months) has kept me sane. I also think I may be on a future cruise with dfish (Debbie ?) on the new rotterdam sept 12 to the 19th. so maybe we will meet. That is if this covid will take a hike and we can all get back to some semblence of whatever the new normal is. I wish all of you-a Happy New Year and many thanks for all you do.   Linda  (and Gary the husband who hasbeen driving me nuts working from home for waaay too long) 

• Like 16

3 minutes ago, zigdilcru said:

okay here goes.... I am a lurker !   I am also not a computer person (I actually hate them) so I will probably never post a picture or a funny meme or cartoon because I really dont know how.  may I just say how much I appreciate all of you for giving me the best time of every day when I read what you are all up to. reading this column every day (for the last 5 or6 months) has kept me sane. I also think I may be on a future cruise with dfish (Debbie ?) on the new rotterdam sept 12 to the 19th. so maybe we will meet. That is if this covid will take a hike and we can all get back to some semblence of whatever the new normal is. I wish all of you-a Happy New Year and many thanks for all you do.   Linda  (and Gary the husband who hasbeen driving me nuts working from home for waaay too long) 

It warms my heart to hear the Daily has kept you sane.  I imagine quite a few of us could say the same thing.  It certainly has been an odd year, one we won't forget I would say.  Hope to see you post again very soon.  So welcome!

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, zigdilcru said:

Welcome aboard!

Roy

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, PSR said:

Anyone know how many views this topic has today? Not sure how to find out that number...HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone!

If you look at a listing of HAL threads, the next to last 2 fields in the line for each thread are the number of replies on the top line and the number of views (now 3.4K) right underneath it.  We are about to go to page 9.

Roy

• Like 5