Closet space

Jordanyaya1

49 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I see the problem.  You are thinking about Old Luxury.  Celebrity is now New Luxury.  That's the problem.

Here's how Celebrity views themselves in the luxury market:

image.png.9df21d0fa511dbefe68f0b4d39f58dd0.png

Here's the Old Celebrity:

image.png.4fb4337ba1a17a91c6eb5bcd95cb1f25.png

Here's the new Celebrity:

image.png.e21758756045e95b64840a5402a97c41.png

While it has nothing to do with closet space, I agree with Celebrity New Luxury, let me on board!

23 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

While it has nothing to do with closet space, I agree with Celebrity New Luxury, let me on board!

If you would like to talk about closets, I think the closet on the Edge is a joke.  There's only about a foot of long hanging space if you use the lower short bar.  The closet is small to start and you make it less efficient by putting drawers inside.

Edited by ipeeinthepool

☺️

6 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

If you would like to talk about closets, I think the closet on the Edge is a joke.  There's only about a foot of long hanging space if you use the lower short bar.  The closet is small to start and you make it less efficient by putting drawers inside.

Oh dear NO, I spent way too much time in the closet, I'm not going back now!! 😊

Edited by LGW59
  • Haha 3

On 1/16/2021 at 4:50 PM, Jordanyaya1 said:

Can anyone advise about the closet/storage space on the Celebrity Edge, concierge class? It’s almost impossible to determine from the website. We will be 3 going to a cooler climate and am concerned about closet space for jackets, sweaters, boots etc. 

Closet space  for 3 will be tight.  Bring manetic hooks for some items..Pack light.

6 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Jelayne, I knew the screenshots I took of your photos would come in handy, and I apologize that I neglected to credit you as their source.  I admired your ingenuity while bemoaning the edge’s poor design that made your invention a necessity!

No apology needed,  I wasn’t expecting credit.😊 As I mentioned we find the curtain useful in any veranda cabin.  DH is a night owl often up til 2 or 3 reading.  So he can have light to read and I have dark to sleep.  In the morning it’s the opposite as he has dark to sleep till noon and I can turn on light or open the curtain  to the balcony.

10 hours ago, DLTcard said:

Closets were great on the Summit.  I am surprised to hear they are smaller on the newer ships.  We are sailing the reflection next year.

Not really surprising to many of us.  This is just another example of the Edge being designed by people that have never been on a ship.

• Like 2

I hate the lack of closet space on Celebrity.  Ugly as it can be, we also swear by the magnetic hooks (only ours are even less stylish - we get them at Walmart LOL).  The Op didn't ask for packing advice, but I'll provide some anyway for any new cruisers reading this.  Pack half of you think you need.  End of advice.

Just kidding, kind of.  After close to 70 cruises I've learned my lesson.  Wear evening or cold weather clothes twice, or even three times.  No one notices or cares.  For women, a pair or two of black slacks and some interchangeable tops with scarves or different jewelry - done.  You only need one bathing suit (maybe two in warm climates).  Seriously - one will do.  Coordinate outfits so you only need one (or at most two) pairs of shoes for evening.  One for the pool area, and an extra pair of sandals or boots, depending on the climate.  If you are going to Alaska or a similar area - layers are key.  Unless you are on a lot of outside hikes or boat rides or similar, you will be surprised how little you actually need your winterish gear.  Lightweight packable down coats are amazing!  Consider using the ship's laundry and dry cleaning (the former only for less expensive clothing like unmentionables, pj's, t'shirts, shorts, as they wash and dry hot).  If you are in certain Captains Club levels you will get some free - if not it might still be worth it to save space.

Edited by phoenix_dream
  • Like 1

On 1/16/2021 at 11:23 PM, kathynorth said:

We were 3 in a cabin with lots of coats, jackets,etc. We brought magnet hooks from Home Depot that we stuck on the walls around the cabin walls. Worked great. 

Those magnetic hooks are great for hanging stuff on the walls, doors, etc.. I have a package of 6 is just one of the many cruise items we keep in a special container. At packing time, out it comes and most all of it gets packed away. Its got all the sorts of goodies, like ponchos, light weight tea cup, power adapters, cruise line totes, etc..

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, leela8 said:

Can you show me what these hooks look like?

Just make sure that you buy hooks with rare-earth magnets. They cost a bit more but are far stronger. Cabin walls tend to have smooth, slippery surfaces, and weak magnetic hooks will just slide down the wall under load. I've used Lee Valley hooks for years in my workshop as well as for cruising.

https://www.leevalley.com/en-ca/shop/hardware/hooks/storage/73796-magnet-mounted-hooks 

image.thumb.png.a3f80ce6cf470b8add8b8619c716c3db.png

Edited by Fouremco
  • Like 1

On 1/17/2021 at 4:22 PM, ipeeinthepool said:

I see the problem.  You are thinking about Old Luxury.  Celebrity is now New Luxury.  That's the problem.

Here's how Celebrity views themselves in the luxury market:

image.png.9df21d0fa511dbefe68f0b4d39f58dd0.png

Here's the Old Celebrity:

image.png.4fb4337ba1a17a91c6eb5bcd95cb1f25.png

Here's the new Celebrity:

image.png.e21758756045e95b64840a5402a97c41.png

What a huge mistake I made for years with my businesses.  All I had to do was make a Powerpoint chart and position a business where I thought it should be instead of where it actually was

1 hour ago, ECCruise said:

What a huge mistake I made for years with my businesses.  All I had to do was make a Powerpoint chart and position a business where I thought it should be instead of where it actually was

It's not that easy, you've missed the key feature.  You need to redefine the segment.  It's now "Premium New Luxury" and no longer "Modern Luxury".  That's the key.  😉

• Like 1

On 1/16/2021 at 4:50 PM, Jordanyaya1 said:

Can anyone advise about the closet/storage space on the Celebrity Edge, concierge class? It’s almost impossible to determine from the website. We will be 3 going to a cooler climate and am concerned about closet space for jackets, sweaters, boots etc. 

I would strongly suggest you bring some heavy duty magnetic hooks.  They can help for some hanging items.  I see from previous responses it has been suggested. The infinite balcony cabins seemed very narrow so not sure where is the best place to place hooks.  

Also, you can put heavy items in your luggage and keep under the bed.

Edited by Cruise a holic

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

I would strongly suggest you bring some heavy duty magnetic hooks.  They can help for some hanging items.  I see from previous responses it has been suggested. The infinite balcony cabins seemed very narrow so not sure where is the best place to place hooks.  

Also, you can put heavy items in your luggage and keep under the bed.

Could also just pack light.  When I travel, cruise or land, always 12 - 15 days, I can pack one rolling suitcase, that fits above my seat, I never check luggage, and I take a back pack.  Really makes it easy for me anyway, I don't pack a suit jacket, dress shoes etc, so it makes it easy.

3 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Could also just pack light.  When I travel, cruise or land, always 12 - 15 days, I can pack one rolling suitcase, that fits above my seat, I never check luggage, and I take a back pack.  Really makes it easy for me anyway, I don't pack a suit jacket, dress shoes etc, so it makes it easy.

Pack light?  What’s that?  

• Thanks 1