Vaccination

Preziosa

How Will the Cruise Companys have guests on board in the first half of This year when We have to have Got the Vaccine 2 times before cruising. In most countrys it Will only Be elderly and sick people who have Got the vaccine. Today Tui Cruises told you have to had the Vaccine and Yesterday it was Saga Cruises.

Because those under 18 and 16 cannot have either of the Pfizer or Oxford vaccines and there are those with certain health conditions that cannot have the vaccines, cruise lines could well find themselves with a lack of customers! Plus ships are likely to have to sail at or around 70% of capacity.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sidari said:

Because those under 18 and 16 cannot have either of the Pfizer or Oxford vaccines and there are those with certain health conditions that cannot have the vaccines, cruise lines could well find themselves with a lack of customers! Plus ships are likely to have to sail at or around 70% of capacity.

Also There is no protocol For Vaccinating People Who have already had the virus .

2 minutes ago, joeyancho said:

Also There is no protocol For Vaccinating People Who have already had the virus .

People who have been infected with Covid-19 are encouraged to get vaccinated. The natural immune response protects 3 to ?x? months. The level of IgG Antibodies will decrease over time. Vaccination protects at least 1 year according to manufacturers Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna.

Possible scenario :

- IgG Antibodies from natural immune response.

- Spike Protein Antibodies from vaccination.

32 minutes ago, SirWolf said:

People who have been infected with Covid-19 are encouraged to get vaccinated. The natural immune response protects 3 to ?x? months. The level of IgG Antibodies will decrease over time. Vaccination protects at least 1 year according to manufacturers Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna.

Possible scenario :

According to California Department of Health,  there is no plan or protocol to vaccinate previously infected people.  That doesn't mean that they shouldn't be vaccinated,  it means California doesn't have a clue.  

• Like 1

My niece lives in SFO area and she started with Covid over New Years weekend.  Whole family had it - got it from in-laws who were not compliant with quarantine.  She had been scheduled for vaccine Monday.  She works in healthcare but doesn't have direct patient contact.  She had an uncomfortable couple of weeks, went back to work Tuesday and got Covid shot Wed.  EM

On 1/21/2021 at 7:29 PM, SirWolf said:

Possible scenario :

I wonder how they would know this considering they have not been testing for over a year...best guess? 

MSC had the rapid test and strict protocols when cruising in Italy last fall -- didn't hear much about that afterwards. Was it an epic fail or did it work?

2 hours ago, xcell said:

I wonder how they would know this considering they have not been testing for over a year...best guess? 

You are right, Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna started clinical trials in July 2020 and only have 6 months of data. To verify if vaccinations worked and patient’s immune system responded they monitor Antibodies. Antibody Spike Protein is the defense against SARS-CoV-2 virus. By comparing the increase and stability of AB Spike Protein levels with AB diagrams of other existing vaccines at least a trend can be predicted how long the Covid-19 vaccine may provide immunity.

I think there is a possibility of annual Covid-19 vaccinations to protect against new strains and/or as booster shot.

1 hour ago, SirWolf said:

You are right, Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna started clinical trials in July 2020 and only have 6 months of data. To verify if vaccinations worked and patient’s immune system responded they monitor Antibodies. Antibody Spike Protein is the defense against SARS-CoV-2 virus. By comparing the increase and stability of AB Spike Protein levels with AB diagrams of other existing vaccines at least a trend can be predicted how long the Covid-19 vaccine may provide immunity.

I think there is a possibility of annual Covid-19 vaccinations to protect against new strains and/or as booster shot.

SW ... The UK Government have already said via their advisors that a yearly Jab will likely be needed. Someone is making a lot of money out there.

2 minutes ago, sidari said:

SW ... The UK Government have already said via their advisors that a yearly Jab will likely be needed. Someone is making a lot of money out there.

If you begrudge ‘somebody’ making a lot of money you can do your part in sticking it to the man and simply pass on taking the vaccine and/or boosters.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sidari said:

There called bussiness men/women who own the pharmacutical companies and invest heavily.

Covid is a very serious infection. I am even willing to pay $xx out of my pocket every year to be protected. I had the infection and experienced mild to moderate symptoms. That was scary enough for me to be extra precautious in the future.

• Like 1