The Daily for Friday Feb 12, 2021

richwmn

21 minutes ago, kazu said:

I don’t believe anyone has.  I guess when he wants it known, we will hear.

He’s a great guy and my thoughts and prayers are with him a lot.

Strange!  I'll swear I posted earlier this evening.  I got home just after 6 this evening.  They did a lot of tests but no treatment.  I have an appointment with the hospital cardiologist Thursday at 1PM to finalize a surgical plan for a defective valve, so I'm not really out of the woods yet.

@TraceySD is my nephew's wife in San Diego.  She used to be quite active on Cruise Critic as TraceyP but apparently got separated from that account when she had children and stopped cruising.

Roy

• Like 24
  • Thanks 3

Good evening all. Hope everyone had a great day

It was a very cold day and  possible sleet and freezing rain tomorrow.

I hope everyone has a great Valentines weekend .I plan on having steak for dinner along with Kermits Key Lime pie for dessert. 
Have a good evening.

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Strange!  I'll swear I posted earlier this evening.  I got home just after 6 this evening.  They did a lot of tests but no treatment.  I have an appointment with the hospital cardiologist Thursday at 1PM to finalize a surgical plan for a defective valve, so I'm not really out of the woods yet.

@TraceySD is my nephew's wife in San Diego.  She used to be quite active on Cruise Critic as TraceyP but apparently got separated from that account when she had children and stopped cruising.

Roy

Glad to hear you are home, Roy but sorry to hear about a surgical plan 😢 

Please keep us up to date and keep yourself on the Care list and we all do care and will be praying for you. ♥️ 🙏🏻 

I figured Tracey must have been a relative but didn’t realize she was TraceyP.  We all appreciated her posting and letting us know.  That was very thoughtful.

Please take care of yourself.

• Like 13

What a great day for celebrating; @VMax1700DW has finished her radiation, @Cruise Suzyand DH get their jabs, and @rafinmdis back with us!  Roy, we’ll keep sending good vibes your way for an easy surgery and quick, complete recovery.  Toasting all with my wine glass tonight!

Smooth Sailing! 🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 9

@VMax1700What wonderful news concerning your wife.   I am sure you are both over the moon with joy.   

@Horizon chaser 1957Your pagoda is beautiful.  I am jealous of your decorating skills.  I've tried a few cakes in my time, but nothing as intricate as your pagoda.  I'll share a picture of one I did.

@rafinmdIt is really wonderful to hear from you.   I am glad  you are home, but sorry to hear about the surgery.  I'm sure you'll do fine because you do follow the doctor's orders.  

DEBBIE - WIN_20140829_162218.JPG

DEBBIE - WIN_20140829_162002.JPG

Edited by dfish
  • Like 21

52 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

.  I have an appointment with the hospital cardiologist Thursday at 1PM to finalize a surgical plan for a defective valve, so I'm not really out of the woods yet.

So good to hear from you Roy!  Sorry to hear that you are facing a surgery but please know all of us on the Daily are thinking of you and praying for you. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Good afternoon everyone from a damp Ireland.

I haven't posted much recently as we have been greatly taken up with DW's daily radiation sessions, which are now completed 👍  Her Radiology, Medical and Surgical Oncologists are happy that she is now cancer free and we are working on getting some weight back on her.  Thank you everyone for the support, 

This is such great news!  I am so happy she can now focus on gaining weight and feeling better. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

Great to see you, Roy. Keeping you in my prayers. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, dfish said:

@VMax1700What wonderful news concerning your wife.   I am sure you are both over the moon with joy.   

@Horizon chaser 1957Your pagoda is beautiful.  I am jealous of your decorating skills.  I've tried a few cakes in my time, but nothing as intricate as your pagoda.  I'll share a picture of one I did.

@rafinmdIt is really wonderful to hear from you.   I am glad  you are home, but sorry to hear about the surgery.  I'm sure you'll do fine because you do follow the doctor's orders.  

Those roses look real!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, dfish said:

Debbie, that cake is beautiful.

Lenda

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, dfish said:

You have nothing to be jealous of - your cake is beautiful! ❤️

• Like 6

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

My friend!!!! ❤️I am soooo happy to hear 

you!! I just got home from my long day

it’s after 7 and you have been on my mind all day and night!! I was praying in between giving vaccines and knew we would hear from you! We sure do know our bodies so happy you saw your DR.

Rest!!! You are in good hands. Thank you for being in my life!!

I will not be doing vaccines this weekend 

will relax and enjoy my anniversary. As far as I am concerned hearing from you was the best medicine 👍

Denise😊

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, bobpatj said:

February 12th, a year ago, was on a Wednesday,  and at last on our Westerdam “non cruise “ we had word that we would be able to dock in Thailand!  We would arrive there sometime tomorrow, and flights would be scheduled out of Bangkok.  We were so glad we booked our flights with HAL, as they took care of all our scheduled changes.  We were not planning to fly home, but to Seattle, to visit our son and family President’s Day week.  In the morning,  a Westerdam Crew Farewell show filled the stage with everyone, except the Captain, who had had so much to deal with!  Let’s admit that it was quite emotional for staff and passengers.  We’re sailing in a southerly direction with somewhere to go!

OMG, the crew of the Maasdam last March had us all in tears as they filled the stage, the aisles and every available space. They just kept on coming, the chefs wearing their torque, cabin stewards with towel animals, maintenance staff with plungers, hammers, etc., to a standing ovation. The crew was remarkable during our three weeks to nowhere/San Diego. Wish we only had to fight for travel arrangements once, we had three ports close to us, thus three flights to change!  Once we even packed and had our suitcases collected only to have to unpack the next day. HAL crew are the best ❤️  

• Like 10

image.jpeg.91b94810e71c53d7dd3cb888089391fb.jpeg

🌺Debbie your cake is stunning!!!!Both you and HorizonCruiser1957 can go into a very unique business together!!

You are very talented also! It is so amazing finding all of everyone’s passions! I am still amazed at that Pagoda of hers! Again I appreciate your contributions as well as those pictures to the dishes each day!

Have a happy weekend 

Denise😊

• Like 9