The Daily for Thursday Feb 25, 2021

richwmn

Thank you Rich, Roy, and everyone who makes this the nicest spot!

A quick report on Ron's surgery -- it took five hours yesterday, but the doctor reported that he was able to accomplish all that he planned. Everything went well. Thanks to everyone for their prayers and good wishes!

Unfortunately, there were no rooms available, so he spent last night & most of today in Post-op. Finally got moved late this afternoon. But he still was getting great care -- even had PT twice, and a third time after he moved. 

It's all good, and I appreciate the support from this group!

Edi 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, NextOne said:

A quick report on Ron's surgery -- it took five hours yesterday, but the doctor reported that he was able to accomplish all that he planned. Everything went well. Thanks to everyone for their prayers and good wishes!

Unfortunately, there were no rooms available, so he spent last night & most of today in Post-op. Finally got moved late this afternoon. But he still was getting great care -- even had PT twice, and a third time after he moved. 

Edi 

Excellent.  How long do you think he will be there?

Roy

• Like 5

Thanks for all the daily reports, photos and humour.

@Diviwelcome to posting on the "Daily".

@richwmn yes it was the same table, I reserved the table both occasions.

@rafinmd your alternate menu sounds very good,  very pleased that you now have the appointment for your CT scan,  the shoelaces were purchased across the street at Fresh Choice.  That was  Butter not cheese with the meal.

Dinner this evening will be left over roast pork from last night.

Today began cloudy, blue sky now,  20 C expected, but the wind is a bit cool.

Keep well, stay safe everyone.

• Like 17

21 minutes ago, NextOne said:

Edi 

Thank you for the update, that is good news. 

Very best wishes or his recovery.

Are you permitted to visit him?

• Like 9

11 hours ago, kazu said:

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 🙂

The interesting chatter about drinking/not drinking pre and post vaccine yesterday reminded me that for those that want to abstain for a few days, I have the perfect suggestion:

E0C769BD-73CC-477F-86C0-B62C70FFB944.thumb.jpeg.f89cccee138b76f5ab74e35a84ef65e3.jpeg

Is this only true 3 of every 4 years?

Roy

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, NextOne said:

Edi 

That is great news Edi - other than Ron spending time in post op but so happy to hear he is getting great care ❤️ 

It all sounds hopeful which is a blessing.

thank you for letting us know ♥️ and our prayers remain with him and you. 🙏🏻 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Hi, I'm very late today because we drove to Florida!  The weather is sunny and was quite warm (80 F) when we arrived 3 or so hours ago.  I'm sorry for those who still have snow though, really I am!😇

No you’re not 😉 I revel in that warm weather when we get it and I am sure you are too 😆 

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, erewhon said:

Thank you for the update, that is good news. 

Very best wishes or his recovery.

Are you permitted to visit him?

Not in post-op. But I'm hopeful now that he's been moved. Apparently. Each unit has its own rules!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

Oh my gosh they're so good!  Did you know they sell the mix in grocery stores?  I try not to buy it very often lol! 

Yes and my mom even mentioned it while we were eating them.  She said Costco had the mix like @57redbirdsaid.  Glad I never knew it before. I have made a copycat recipe before though. 

Edited by Sharon in AZ
  • Like 5

DIL is a civil engineer and DH was proud to present her Iron Ring to her.  Her high school guidance counsellor told her she would never get thru.  Proved him wrong!

Love the pictures of the hummingbird nest/eggs.

And I love my Instant Pot.  So much, I have 2.  One is always tied up making yogurt. But I don't like the slow cooker feature. It doesn't seem to get hot enough.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, NextOne said:

Edi 

Wonderful news, Edi! Thank you for circling back to share!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JazzyV said:

I have an Instant Pot and like it a lot. I use it for pressure cooking, slow cooking and making yogurt. These electric ones are very safe. I remember growing up when my mother made me leave the kitchen when she was using the old jiggle top kind.

I have an Instant Pot and a similar brand and just love them. There is a canning setting that has higher pressure and temperature. I make bone broth on the canning setting, set for 2 hours. When it’s done, the bones still look normal, but if you pick them up,and squeeze them, they turn to paste in your hand. Most of what they had is in the broth, which is practically the elixir of life!

• Like 4

Ok, all the talk about alcohol and the vaccines made me decide that I should have a glass of wine to celebrate when I get my second jab on March 8th.   I may wait a while to have the drink, but I think that is something worth celebrating.  So, I will have to pay better attention to the wine selections here.  

@NextOneGreat news about your husband's surgery.   When I had my first knee replacement I spent extra time in post op because there was no room available.  They did let Tom come up and visit me there, but that was way before COVID.   

Water fitness was great today.   I felt so wonderful driving home.  It is amazing what it does for you.

• Like 14

19 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@DeeniEncinitas my sweet, precious sister! I love you! I have not had a bad reaction to the 2nd shot, although its a bit more tender than the 1st. 

You didn't tell me how David's birthday party went. Did Shawn and Paisley celebrate with y'all?

Only Paisley celebrated with us!😞 Until 

she gets her vaccine Joy we try very hard as much as I want to hug her been so long we need all of us to stay safe!! Her birthday is March 3rd!!!! We are going to go over to her place to drop off gifts a cake from us and from a distance on Sunday!! I told her when she gets her shots we will celebrate everything we lost last year all together again in July hopefully for my birthday!!

I am happy your vaccine was good! I had Moderna also but experienced 12 hours after vaccine joint aches, fatigue, felt like I was hit with a sledge hammer! 24 hours later fine! I gladly would go through that than having COVID-19! 
Last day for me with vaccines! Glad I was able to help!!

Stay well my sister! Love to Allen!

Denise😊

• Like 10

2 hours ago, NextOne said:

Not in post-op. But I'm hopeful now that he's been moved. Apparently. Each unit has its own rules!

Thank you for your reply, hope you will soon be able to sit with him, will  help  aid his recovery.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks all!  DH choked on the Blanc de Blanc prices and then looked at the ratings!  Sounds wonderful Ann!  
Roy, so glad things are moving forward and you have a date, the waiting is so tough!  
I will toast engineers,  I hung out a lot in University with them and even had a desk in the faculty!  DD’s hubby is one!  
Ray,  DH calls it high and tight!  He has the longest hair of his life.   We will wait until our vaccines too!  
My zoom book club did an interesting  book,  American Dirt.  
stay safe! 
a local beach scene...

6F8617E3-2900-4B10-AC7F-69E5E47D59F3.jpeg

Our Zoom Book Club discussed The Vanishing Half. ✏️

• Like 2

I am really late reading this !  We are back on the coast for the weekend.  Hoping for a break in the rain this weekend to do some yard work.

Congrats to all who are getting their shots and hoping those that are still waiting for appointments get notified soon of the time to get jabbed! We had several friends either get their appointments or had first shot this week.  But here in Oregon the process for getting an appointment is very complicated and frustrating. 
Prayers to those on the care list and a big hip hip hurray to all those on the celebration list. Thank you Rich and Roy for your dedication of posting daily.

Looking forward to reading tomorrow’s daily earlier!

good night all!  

• Like 9