Caymus Wine, Ok Now I Get It

Ukigirl

I remember multiple conversations about Caymus wine, we’ve been on many cruises and I haven’t been able to part with my $$ but now I get it.  I celebrated getting my second vaccine with a bottle, finally tried it last night, it’s fantastic.  Since we haven’t been spending our money on dining out I thought I would splurge and I’m glad I did.  I know that an expensive bottle of wine doesn’t necessarily mean it’s better but I really enjoyed it.  I toasted to new beginnings (my husband quit drinking so I had the entire bottle to myself,  yay me), health and happiness and hopefully to cruising next year.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Ukigirl said:

I remember multiple conversations about Caymus wine, we’ve been on many cruises and I haven’t been able to part with my $$ but now I get it.  I celebrated getting my second vaccine with a bottle, finally tried it last night, it’s fantastic.  Since we haven’t been spending our money on dining out I thought I would splurge and I’m glad I did.  I know that an expensive bottle of wine doesn’t necessarily mean it’s better but I really enjoyed it.  I toasted to new beginnings (my husband quit drinking so I had the entire bottle to myself,  yay me), health and happiness and hopefully to cruising next year.

You should give 1858 Paso Robles and 1858 Napa a try. Don’t be fooled by the price, it’s a wine made and bottled by Wagner, same maker of Caymus. Total Wine carries these two. 

M8

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

You should give 1858 Paso Robles and 1858 Napa a try. Don’t be fooled by the price, it’s a wine made and bottled by Wagner, same maker of Caymus. Total Wine carries these two. 

M8

Really like the 1858 Napa, the Paso, no so much.  For an “everyday” wine we like Conundrum red blend.  Also made by the same group. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ukigirl said:

45 Funny Wine Memes To Celebrate National Wine & Cheese Day | YourTango

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

M8

We've tried both and IMHO they don't compare; especially the 1858 Napa with an almost $70 price point. If we're going to spend that much we can get the real deal Caymus for a few $$ more. Have also tried Caymus Special Select and would rather drink regular Caymus. 

If you like Pinot Noir.... Belle Glos, by the Wagner family, is superb. 

1858.JPG

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

We've tried both and IMHO they don't compare; especially the 1858 Napa with an almost $70 price point. If we're going to spend that much we can get the real deal Caymus for a few $$ more. Have also tried Caymus Special Select and would rather drink regular Caymus. 

If you like Pinot Noir.... Belle Glos, by the Wagner family, is superb. 

1858.JPG

We like the Belle Glos too. The Paso is preferred over the Napa and has a good price. There is no doubt, Caymus is a really good wine. I thought the 2016 year was excellent. 

M8

6 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

We like the Belle Glos too. The Paso is preferred over the Napa and has a good price. There is no doubt, Caymus is a really good wine. I thought the 2016 year was excellent. 

M8

The 2 for 1 coupon on RCI was my introduction to red wine....and Caymus several years ago. I still remember sitting in Vintages on Radiance and sipping that wonderful red wine for almost an hour. I was hooked and the rest is history. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

M8

With no cruising for a year, my Belle Glos stash is almost depleted. 😪

Edited by CSHS1979
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

The 2 for 1 coupon on RCI was my introduction to red wine....and Caymus several years ago. I still remember sitting in Vintages on Radiance and sipping that wonderful red wine for almost an hour. I was hooked and the rest is history. 

We always use our 2 for 1 coupons on Caymus -- nectar of the gods 🍷

• Like 1

5 hours ago, George C said:

There are so many great Napa Cabernet, we normally will drink at least one bottle a week .silver oak Napa is great but a little pricy.

I visited Silver Oaks vineyard last (and only) time I was in Napa.  Even the tastings are pricey but it's is great wine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I visited Silver Oaks vineyard last (and only) time I was in Napa.  Even the tastings are pricey but it's is great wine.

Would love to visit Napa definitely on our to do list. What I find interesting is the difference of price between Silver Oaks Cabernet Napa and their Alexander Valley, in a restaurant the Napa is a couple of hundred more. Luckily we also like almost all Alexander valley.

If you are looking for a reasonably priced “Tuesday night” wine, try another Chuck Wagner product- Bonanza Cabernet. Total sells it for around $20.

Edited by Straughn