Getting Invoices for Booking New Cruises via RCCL

Booking today new cruises for 2023, I received the confirmation of paid deposit via email but did not receive an invoice for the cruise as before.  Anyone know how to get that invoice without having to call RCCL directly?  Don't see a link on my order or account to get it.  Perhaps I miss seeing it.  Thanks in advance.

14 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Call 866-562-7625  press prompt number 4 and then follow the prompts from there.  It is automated  You will need your booking number

Thank you, will use this.  I was thinking there might be a hyperlink somewhere on their website.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bmblob said:

Thank you, will use this.  I was thinking there might be a hyperlink somewhere on their website.

Wouldn't that be a good and smart idea?  Which means they will never do it.  🙄  Or how about just send one when you make the booking?  Even better! 

Edited by rockmom
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, rockmom said:

Wouldn't that be a good and smart idea?  Which means they will never do it.  🙄  Or how about just send one when you make the booking?  Even better! 

They used to send you an invoice every time you made a payment EXCEPT for when you made the original booking which I always thought was strange.  I don't know if they still do that since all my bookings now go thru my TA 

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

They used to send you an invoice every time you made a payment EXCEPT for when you made the original booking which I always thought was strange.  I don't know if they still do that since all my bookings now go thru my TA 

Yep, same thing. You do get one when you make a payment or if you call to make any sort of change or get a price drop.  So weird they don't send you one when you make the initial booking.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rockmom said:

Just now, molly361 said:

Anytime I had previously made an online or via phone booking with RCCL, they had sent me an emailed confirmation.  When using a TA, they sent it to the TA who had to forward it to me.  This week, booking online, a new message indicating my deposit and booking ID number did not include any attached confirmations.

The posted number 866-562-7625 worked well but the prompts were actually 2, then 1 to get options for payment or getting a confirmation by email.  It worked well and all with a robo-agent.  

I do notice also that the invoice is now different and much abbreviated.  Guess it leaves out all that redundant contract information.  But it does not indicate refundable vs non-refundable status (as previously done) and any attached OBC.

21 minutes ago, bmblob said:

The posted number 866-562-7625 worked well but the prompts were actually 2, then 1 to get options for payment or getting a confirmation by email.  It worked well and all with a robo-agent.  

That's weird.  I just called it again and the first prompt for an existing reservation is still #4.  Prompt #2 is for online support beverage packages and other web related support.  I only checked since I saw your post I wondered if it has changed.  I have used that number and hit the auto prompts a LOT  over the years  Prompts are 4 , 2 , 1 and then 3 for an invoice

Edited by molly361
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Cruisin MarcnFran said:

Just tried this....we are booked through a TA....so I get sent to speak to a representative...no other automated choices.

Yes it's only if you booked direct.  You have to get one from your TA

57 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I have used that number and hit the auto prompts a LOT  over the years  Prompts are 4 , 2 , 1 and then 3 for an invoice

Just called.  4, 2, 1 and then I had to vocally say “invoice”. There was no pressing 3. The automated system said 30 minutes, so let’s see how long it takes. 🙂

Just now, A&L_Ont said:

Just called.  4, 2, 1 and then I had to vocally say “invoice”. There was no pressing 3. The automated system said 30 minutes, so let’s see how long it takes. 🙂

Just arrived. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

It's usually there right after I hang up

I posted this on another thread about whether or not the confirmation has it stated on whether or not a deposit is refundable or nonrefundable but no one responded to my question................could someone check their confirmations from RCCL and see if people are sent different confirmations depending on their deposits?

This is written on  my confirmation from RCCL:

CANCELLATION SCHEDULE
Cancellation Amount Date
Prior to Final Payment Due Date No Charge (except for Non-Refundable Deposit amounts)

I assume that wouldn't be written on confirmation(No Charge) that were booked nonrefundable. Could others check their confirmations on any other ships who booked nonrefundable?

This is also on the page where you fill in your name, you will see it under the total cost of the cruise on the left side, where it says:

View cancellation policy

Cancellation Policy - Room 1

(Refundable Deposit)

If you cancel your reservation after a specific date, you may be subject to cancellation charges.

Cancel After

Penalty

July 22, 2022

25% of total price (taxes & fees excluded) / person

August 6, 2022

50% of total price (taxes & fees excluded) / person

August 20, 2022

75% of total price (taxes & fees excluded) / person

September 19, 2022

No refund except for taxes & fees

10 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I posted this on another thread about whether or not the confirmation has it stated on whether or not a deposit is refundable or nonrefundable but no one responded to my question................could someone check their confirmations from RCCL and see if people are sent different confirmations depending on their deposits?

This is written on  my confirmation from RCCL:

CANCELLATION SCHEDULE
Cancellation Amount Date
Prior to Final Payment Due Date No Charge (except for Non-Refundable Deposit amounts)

I assume that wouldn't be written on confirmation(No Charge) that were booked nonrefundable. Could others check their confirmations on any other ships who booked nonrefundable?

This is also on the page where you fill in your name, you will see it under the total cost of the cruise on the left side, where it says:

View cancellation policy

Cancellation Policy - Room 1

(Refundable Deposit)

If you cancel your reservation after a specific date, you may be subject to cancellation charges.

Cancel After

Penalty

July 22, 2022

25% of total price (taxes & fees excluded) / person

August 6, 2022

50% of total price (taxes & fees excluded) / person

August 20, 2022

75% of total price (taxes & fees excluded) / person

September 19, 2022

No refund except for taxes & fees

NRD will show as a NRD after the cruise fare.

NRD deposits will also valve a line that states this booking is currently subject to a xxxx penalty. 

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

NRD will show as a NRD after the cruise fare.

NRD deposits will also valve a line that states this booking is currently subject to a xxxx penalty. 

So if it looks like this, with nothing wrote after cruisefare it's refundable?

Cruise Fare                449.00 449.00        0.00        0.00         898.00

These are only lines I have:

Cruise Fare 
CAS Balc Suite
BOGO60
Taxes, fees, and port expenses
Total Charge 408.81 288.81 0.00 0.00 697.62
Amount Paid 200.00
Balance Due

Edited by Jimbo

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

Call 866-562-7625  press prompt number 4 and then follow the prompts from there.  It is automated  You will need your booking number

Thank you for this.  I have been printing out a screen shot of my confirmation immediately after booking.  It shows all the information I'm concerned about.  Now I'll call and request one before I leave that screen.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Cruise Fare 
CAS Balc Suite
BOGO60
Amount Paid 200.00
Balance Due

Correct 

14 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Cruise Fare 
CAS Balc Suite
BOGO60
Amount Paid 200.00
Balance Due

It actually shows the NRD after the C&A discount and after the BOGO 60 

107B0ED8-4917-4516-9F70-BCC528D17BB3.jpeg

Can't explain the difference in prompts on the robo-agent directions but the automated system does work.  Thank you again for that insight.  The live agents are always helpful but harder to get through to.  The NRD notation was clearly there since RCCL began to distinguish refundable and nonrefundable rates in the recent several years, but the invoice also distinctly marked refundable deposit as well.  Now it is not that clear and only the NRD denotes that one's fare is subject to those nonrefundable rules.  Don't know if there is reasonable rationale for this ambiguity.

I do save and print on the very initial booking notice the non-refundable deposit receipt acknowledgement.  That seems to be the only clear acknowledgement of that.  It is nice that the pricing menu now includes a checkbox with a prorated price per stateroom for refundable status.  This is probably more critical and useful than general travel insurance (since my personal health insurance covers health issues during travel).  Medical evacuation coverage however is another thing (best for another thread).