Thank you to Celebrity Cruises

kk99

I rarely post on any social media sites, but I wanted to thank Celebrity Cruises for the company's  kindness yesterday, My younger brother who cruised with Celebrity frequently, died of pandemic complications two weeks ago. In 2020, he would have made Zenith with Celebrity, and all plans changed for everyone in the world. My siblings were one week away from being able to fly in from all different states to see one another in person after being two weeks or more past full vaccinations. Sadly, my brother passed from pandemic complications, and we saw each other again in person  in more than a year at his small service. I notified Celebrity this past week so they could cancel his account, and informed them of his death. 

When I got home from a long day at work,  there was a beautiful bouquet of flowers, with a note from Celebrity.  So unexpected, but it made the evening a bit brighter.

When we all get on future Celebrity Cruises whether in 2021 or 2022, whenever the world can reopen safely for cruising, I'll be toasting my brother, and remembering all of the times we were together as a family or with friends on many happy sailings with Celebrity Cruises.  So Cheers to you, Kendall, and so many of your cruise friends have reached out to me, with pictures, videos, emails, and it has made it better for our entire family to have those memories.

Everyone be well, and I hope to see you on a future sailing. kk99

Kendall.jpg.ad7307845e47667a3927184260978df9.jpg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

kk99 - I Am so sorry for your loss and we send our condolences....

Thank you for pointing out the kindness which X exhibited in your time of sorrow, especially with so many other issues on their plate, it is comforting to know that they took the(extra) time acknowledge.

bon voyage

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@kk99
We are so sad to hear this news.
We feel very fortunate to have met you and your brother on the Edge Inaugural. He was a very nice young man. It was obvious how much you loved him, saving up to book the Penthouse for his birthday. My DH enjoyed his conversation with Kendall.

Our deepest condolences to you and your siblings.

Hopefully we will see you again on Apex.

🌺🌼🌺

• Thanks 1

Thanks to everyone who has responded. I will cut and paste this thread to my siblings with my sincere thanks for the replies. I do not do Facebook , Twitter or Instagram (due to work reasons) but if anyone would like to help me send my post to Celebrity for them to see I would appreciate it. I am also sending a written letter to their headquarters as well of sincere thanks. I do hope to be on the Apex transatlantic in April 2022, and whatever may sail at the end of 2021. It is amazing to me how many people my brother interacted with who remembered him. It really helps us all. I will always remember the kindnesses displayed by people during this past year and I hope to pay it forward.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, kk99 said:

Thanks to everyone who has responded. I will cut and paste this thread to my siblings with my sincere thanks for the replies. I do not do Facebook , Twitter or Instagram (due to work reasons) but if anyone would like to help me send my post to Celebrity for them to see I would appreciate it. I am also sending a written letter to their headquarters as well of sincere thanks. I do hope to be on the Apex transatlantic in April 2022, and whatever may sail at the end of 2021. It is amazing to me how many people my brother interacted with who remembered him. It really helps us all. I will always remember the kindnesses displayed by people during this past year and I hope to pay it forward.

You have already started and have helped some of us to participate in that....

Thank you.

Bon voyage

We were on The Edge together, right?

• Thanks 1

Sorry for your loss.  But people and kindness make a difference in these times.  There was a person at Celebrity who took it upon themselves to send the flowers.  You will probably never actually know who.  But that is a genuine kindness.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

You have already started and have helped some of us to participate in that....

Thank you.

Bon voyage

We were on The Edge together, right?

Hi Bo, Yes we met on Edge. Your friends and yourself were really great to meet. I hope our paths cross again, as your conversations were great.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, kk99 said:

Hi Bo, Yes we met on Edge. Your friends and yourself were really great to meet. I hope our paths cross again, as your conversations were great.

Our waves must merge again, it is our fate to do so!

bon voyage

• Thanks 1

Our sincerest condolences to you and your family.  What a wonderful caring gesture of Celebrity to send you flowers.  They obviously appreciated your brother's loyalty.  I hope you and your family can soon get together on a cruise to toast him.

• Thanks 1

Thanks once again to everyone. I think whoever at Celebrity sent the flowers and note, was just a very kind person. I just called the main call line, and did not give them my account number, or even my last name, although I have many more cruises than my late brother. The representative did not know me, and yet someone connected the dots to locate me. The world can be such a universally good place, and again I will pay it forward in as many ways as I can to honor him.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

@kk99, thank you for taking the time to post your story.  I am very sorry about your brother.  Did he regularly post on Cruise Critic?

Yes , he did post some under my cc name kk99, which was a combination of our first name initials, and under his own member name , which the family had requested to delete after his death. He always attended all Cruise Critic get togethers, and posted in the Celebrity Cruises Facebook boards, and kept up with past and present employees of Celebrity Cruises. He never said he met a stranger, just a new friend. My family members are so lucky to have all of our memories with him on these voyages. I hope when we return to sailing, I can thank some of the staff in person for their reaching out to us.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

So sorry to hear of the loss of your brother. It was very nice of Celebrity to do that.

Renee your CC name sounds familiar. Have you been on any Royal Caribbean sailings on Oasis or Allure besides Celebrity?  Thanks for your comment.