How are the Swans doing 2021

Hi Docker

When I checked my email this morning, there was a whole string of notices about your posts and the score. It was almost like being there. Thanks 😉

A great way to start the season. Or maybe Brisbane isn't strong this year??

Go Swans!

5 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

Hi Docker

When I checked my email this morning, there was a whole string of notices about your posts and the score. It was almost like being there. Thanks 😉

A great way to start the season. Or maybe Brisbane isn't strong this year??

Go Swans!

A great win ML, Brisbane were still considered one of the favourites for the flag before the game. Maybe not so much now! 

1 minute ago, possum52 said:

A great win ML, Brisbane were still considered one of the favourites for the flag before the game. Maybe not so much now! 

Hi Leigh

Yeah, losing to the Swans will probably wake them up!  They may have to wear bags over their heads until next week 😁

Go Swans!

• Like 1

I completely agree. You can go to NZ now can't you? I am so desperate to travel again and cruise, that we were even considering going back to the Caribbean again!

We are filling these last days before the weather gets nice again with interior painting. Almost done and I'll be happy when we can put the paint and brushes--and spackle and sandpaper and tape and...--away.

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Home life is almost back to normal here, keeping busy and looking forward to getting my travel life back to semi normal at least, with water flowing ( with some ocean) underneath me.

Except for the rain, it's not normal, like with COVID the weather watchers are telling us to stay home! I wish it would stop already but, by all reports, we have another week of it coming.

On 3/19/2021 at 3:34 PM, LincolnLegend said:

I think it may be a long year for us Crows supporters! Footy tips can finish now, I'm on top of my league due to fluking the exact margin (and it was really a fluke)! Evidently "them what knows" thought the Tigers would win by a lot more last night!

More good news for you with the Crows beating last year's runner-up. The Swans also had a great win over the Lions. I don't know which win surprised me the most.🤔

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Yep all the flood zones are going under and some, those areas are taking a beating

One in a hundred year event. Still chucking it down here.

1 hour ago, NoWhiners said:

Just watched a news report of the flooding in NSW, especially Penrith area. Hope you are all OK and dry. Looks like a few more days of it, then sun.

Good lick.

Thank you for your concerns, a lot flooding and evacuations going on. Roads, schools closed. South East Queensland is also impacted, my sister on gold coast, Currumbin, had 250mm last 24 hrs.

Edited by NSWP

When we bought our home 34 years ago we were aware it was in a one in one hundred flood zone. It has flooded three times since then!

The pictures show the last time it happened in 2015. Luckily we've not had a coinciding king tide so all is ok - at the moment.

WP_20150422_004.jpg

WP_20150422_001.jpg

21 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

When we bought our home 34 years ago we were aware it was in a one in one hundred flood zone. It has flooded three times since then!

The pictures show the last time it happened in 2015. Luckily we've not had a coinciding king tide so all is ok - at the moment.

Wow, that is quite a watery site (or sight--either would be true!). Mic is right--just like on a cruise, without the nice drinks and food.

The news report I saw said Port Macquarie was hit hard too; hope you continue to be dry.

And correction--I meant good luck above, not good lick (which sounds faintly disgusting).

The BoM is predicting that some areas will receive a metre of rain from this rain event.🌧️ 🌧️😲

"And the torrential rain is set to continue on the Mid North Coast, where Coffs Harbour could see up to 200mm on Monday, according to Bureau of Meteorology senior forecaster Adam Morgan.

The region has been inundated with "extraordinary" rain in recent days, with close to 900mm in the 6 days up to 3am on Monday morning falling in some locations around Port Macquarie."  Source

On 3/20/2021 at 12:29 PM, Cruisegroover said:

And Buddy's wife Jesinta is due to give birth to their second child any minute so he was never going to go to Brisbane. There was mention he was going to play part of a reserves scratch match against GWS tomorrow but with all this rain I would be surprised they would risk that.

Buddy did get a run in that reserves match against the GWS. He only played two quarters and kicked a total of 1 behind. The article mentions that he could be right to play in the Swans next match against the Adelaide Crows. That will be a good match, after both recording strong wins. See full article here.

16 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Why do the Swans guernseys  show a white swan when Aussie swans are black?

Because their colours are red and white....also the white on the jumper isn't a swan but the opera house sails I think. The original South Melbourne Swans jumper is similar to the heritage jumper below. The man in the middle is a former champion South Melbourne player Bobby Skilton, whose father was a prisoner of war with my uncle.

image.jpeg.bf08996a2b55231dd95628dc938c5e69.jpeg

2021 jumper

Image-of-Bob-Skilton-2-.jpg?width=952&height=592

Heritage style jumper.

Leigh

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Because their colours are red and white....also the white on the jumper isn't a swan but the opera house sails I think. The original South Melbourne Swans jumper is similar to the heritage jumper below. The man in the middle is a former champion South Melbourne player Bobby Skilton, whose father was a prisoner of war with my uncle.

image.jpeg.bf08996a2b55231dd95628dc938c5e69.jpeg

2021 jumper

Image-of-Bob-Skilton-2-.jpg?width=952&height=592

Heritage style jumper.

Leigh

My mistake re swan image, it's the opera House. Seniors moment. I deduced that the colours were originally South Melbourne. I reckon the red/white combination looks better than the rest.