How are the Swans doing 2021

12 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

All the links to Swans stories are great, thanks all. I also appreciated possums note about the jerseys. I learn something new every time there is a new post!

Go Swans!

Do you like Warwick Capper?👍

th.jpg.2932cc9b4e9f06d16151d207d369ccff.jpg

And now Errol Gulden has nabbed the Rising Star nomination for round 1.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/568443/good-as-gulden-swans-young-gun-nabs-r1-rising-star-nomination

And for NoWhiners benefit - The AFL Rising Star is an award presented annually to the player adjudged the best young player in the AFL for the year.

A player is nominated for the award each round during the AFL season by a panel of experts. The nominee is usually chosen based on their performance in that particular round; however, for nominations closer to the end of the year, the player's performance over the whole season is taken into consideration. To be eligible for nomination, the player must be aged 20 or under on 1 January that year, and have played ten or fewer AFL games as of the start of the season. A player can only be nominated once per season; if a player is suspended during the season, he may be nominated, but will not be eligible to win the award. At the completion of the regular season, each member of the voting panel independently awards five votes, four votes, three votes, two votes and one vote to the nominated players they regard as the best to fifth-best during the season; the player with the highest total of votes wins the medal.

I was very pleasantly surprised by our win in the first round, but not confident enough to tip us against Sydney this week - I know one P&O  entertainment crew member who will be very happy this afternoon! Well done to Sydney, I am glad our boys kept trying though! 

1 hour ago, LincolnLegend said:

I was very pleasantly surprised by our win in the first round, but not confident enough to tip us against Sydney this week - I know one P&O  entertainment crew member who will be very happy this afternoon! Well done to Sydney, I am glad our boys kept trying though! 

Zoltina would be very happy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Zoltina would be very happy

She would, Zoltina the P and O OZ CD. Is she currently on board a ship, sharpening the bingo pencilsl?

I am still trying to sell my daubers, lol.

71ZfLKbf5dL._AC_UY218_.jpg.2320d0597361886ae5e441dabb44e346.jpg

Edited by NSWP

9 hours ago, possum52 said:

Final score Swans 18.13.121 d Crows 11.22.88. Buddy kicked 3 goals 2 behinds in his first game for the season.

Leigh

Thanks Leigh (and Docker) for posting the score. Another morning where I woke up to an email chain describing the score by quarter--very exciting. And if this is "slow" Buddy, then we will be having a ripper season! (How's my Aussie--proper use of ripper??? 😉)

Swans 2-0.

Go Swans!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, possum52 said:

I checked her FB page earlier and she was very happy. I wonder if she was at the ground to watch the win?

Leigh

The P and O Australia mob are fanatical about this Zoltina, is she really a ️ ?  Perhaps she should be moved to Princess, lol.

52 minutes ago, NSWP said:

The P and O Australia mob are fanatical about this Zoltina, is she really a ️ ?  Perhaps she should be moved to Princess, lol.

Only sailed with her once Les, and she has a great personality. Quite good at her job and yes many P&O regulars love her.

Leigh

14 hours ago, NSWP said:

She would, Zoltina the P and O OZ CD. Is she currently on board a ship, sharpening the bingo pencilsl?

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Zoltina is currently living with family in Sydney, she has actually run a couple of Sydney Harbour cruises recently which appear very popular.

I think the trick with Zoltina is that she is blatantly Aussie and has our sense of humour (and the ridiculous). She is lots of fun and full of energy, Uncle Les, she may wake up the Princess cruisers more than they are used to!

Edited by LincolnLegend
Stuffed up quoting!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, NoWhiners said:

OK, I give up--who or what is Zoltina???

ML, Zoltina, is a a very popular cruise director on P&O Aus ships. She is a very vocal Swans' supporter and lets everyone know it. 😀

1 minute ago, possum52 said:

ML, Zoltina, is a a very popular cruise director on P&O Aus ships. She is a very vocal Swans' supporter and lets everyone know it. 😀

Thanks for the explanation Leigh. If she's a Swans fan, I like her!! I will go google her.

• Like 1