Will you Cruise from Nassau on Adventure?

Will you cruise from Nassau?  

310 members have voted

1. 1. Will you cruise from Nassau

• Yes
    • No

Celebrity planning to sail from St. Maarten in August.  We are booked on the Oasis this August.  Not sure if the NJ Oasis cruise will sail.  Would consider a cruise from the Caribbean if the price is good.  However, if our cruise is cancelled, we are strongly considering an all inclusive vacation in Cancun.

We definately hope to sail January 2022.

Those of you who may be thinking about booking Adventure out of Nassau.  Make sure you check the Bahamian rules for entry and departure;  and not just Royal Caribbean's requirements.  Bahamas require a Negative Covid test prior to arrival and before departure.   figure those tests into your budget.  Other than that;  have a great weekend

• Like 1

11 hours ago, natefish95 said:

Yes, a lot of people are saying it's a hassle to get to the Bahamas and then get to the cruise port, but to me that's part of the "adventure". I can fly nonstop from DCA and I'm sure it's easy enough to get a taxi or a transfer to downtown Nassau. I don't expect check-in to go as smooth as Port of Miami, but I don't let minor inconveniences bring me down. 

These cruises probably won't be as cheap as normal cruises, but if you can afford the flights and cruise fare and don't mind a few hiccups along the way, go for it. 

We've embarked in multiple ports throughout the world, and sorry to say, Miami was the most chaotic

8 hours ago, RCLcruiser2012 said:

No. Everyone has to get the magic vax but still have to masks up, social distance, and get Covid tests. 🤔Sounds like a fun cruise! Hope people realize cruising is going to be so different. Imagine wearing a mask at the pool. Pretty sure no dancing either. Lol Wonder if you have to wear a mask at the beach too. 🤦‍♀️  They are going to be extremely strict especially being the first cruise. Probably no sail away party. Can't get too close to anyone. It is all just so sad especially if you loved cruising.

Exactly, if all has to be like that why are people so insisting on cruising when they could be doing other things with their time and money that is more enjoyable.

People seem to be hell bent to get on a frigging cruise...........I mean really the last 12 months no one has cruised.... It will be okay to wait to cruise again when cruising is safe again when CDC says it's okay to cruise again.

I for one can wait, found like of other things to do with my money and time. Not the end of the world not to be on a cruiseship.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, RCLcruiser2012 said:

No. Everyone has to get the magic vax but still have to masks up, social distance, and get Covid tests. 🤔Sounds like a fun cruise! Hope people realize cruising is going to be so different. Imagine wearing a mask at the pool. Pretty sure no dancing either. Lol Wonder if you have to wear a mask at the beach too. 🤦‍♀️  They are going to be extremely strict especially being the first cruise. Probably no sail away party. Can't get too close to anyone. It is all just so sad especially if you loved cruising.

Exactly, if all has to be like that why are people so insisting on cruising when they could be doing other things with their time and money that is more enjoyable.

People seem to be hell bent to get on a frigging cruise...........I mean really the last 12 months no one has cruised.... It will be okay to wait to cruise again when cruising is safe again when CDC says it's okay to cruise again.

I for one can wait, found alot of other things to do with my money and time. Not the end of the world not to be on a cruiseship.

Cruising now would be like buying a can of coke and then adding a can of water to it and call it coke?

Do you really want to take a cruise watered down ? because you aren't getting the real product as it is now.... Not I  !!

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Those of you who may be thinking about booking Adventure out of Nassau.  Make sure you check the Bahamian rules for entry and departure;  and not just Royal Caribbean's requirements.  Bahamas require a Negative Covid test prior to arrival and before departure.   figure those tests into your budget.  Other than that;  have a great weekend

All of this is already listed in the press release and FAQ from Royal, no new information and no surprises to anyone. In the DFW area, you can get a free PCR test at any of dozens o federally or state operated drive thru testing centers; so no added cost.

8 hours ago, mringenoldus said:

This is incorrect. Masks will be required in all public spaces including the pool deck unless actively eating or drinking.

It is important that only accurate information be shared.

Then you should stop posting information that is outdated and incorrect.  The healthy sail panel recommendations were published "pre vaccine" and are currently being updated; new regulations will be published before itineraries go on sale next week.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, not-enough-cruising said:

All of this is already listed in the press release and FAQ from Royal, no new information and no surprises to anyone. In the DFW area, you can get a free PCR test at any of dozens o federally or state operated drive thru testing centers; so no added cost.

Thanks for the info;   I never read the fine print.  I am using Walgreens 24hr turnaround for my PCR test for my Hawaii trip in June.  I transit thru DFW-HNL.  Have a nice weekend

9 hours ago, RCLcruiser2012 said:

With the exception of vaccines and testing, everything else in your post is purely opinion and has no basis in fact.  

2 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

With the exception of vaccines and testing, everything else in your post is purely opinion and has no basis in fact.  

I guess you need to read between the lines then, because it's not going to be like a normal cruise right now. If you think it is , you aren't understanding all of this. Wishful thinking on your part for sure..........There will be so many resrictions, once on board you will be saying this isn't any fun, what are we doing here.

• Like 1

Just now, Jimbo said:

I guess you need to read between the lines then, because it's not going to be like a normal cruise right now. If you think it is , you aren't understanding all of this. Wishful thinking on your part for sure..........There will be so many resrictions, once on board you will be saying this isn't any fun, what are we doing here.

I have no interest in reading between the lines.  RCG has stated that 100% of al the rules will be posted in the coming days before bookings open up, no one will be booking blindly. There is a tremendous amount of science to back the notion that masks and distancing will not be neccessary.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Not enough information yet to make a decision. 

I agree.  Probably not since we have a cruise booked at the end of June that will probably be canceled.  Our plan B is to go back to Cancun for a week.  Guessing Adventure is going to be crazy expensive and I don't want to have to pay to have a COVID test to get to the Bahamas and then pay for another one to get home.  In Cancun, the Covid test to return to the US is free.  Our next cruise is August 20th for 3 nights and really hoping we can finally go

Just now, karena1 said:

I agree.  Probably not since we have a cruise booked at the end of June that will probably be canceled.  Our plan B is to go back to Cancun for a week.  Guessing Adventure is going to be crazy expensive and I don't want to have to pay to have a COVID test to get to the Bahamas and then pay for another one to get home.  In Cancun, the Covid test to return to the US is free.  Our next cruise is August 20th for 3 nights and really hoping we can finally go

FWIW, the covid test to return home from the cruise is included in your cruise fare; I also expect the cruise fare to be more than I am willing to spend as well.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, karena1 said:

You have to pay to be tested where you currently are? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

Also Keep in mind Passports are required to leave out of Nassau.  May cut down on some people who travel with Birth Certificates.

No doubt, greater than 50% of the American population have been excluded. (less competition for the available rooms for the rest of us)

• Like 1

I’ve never cared for Nassau so not thrilled with the idea of flying in there but I am intrigued with sailing on Celebrity out of St. Martin.  Thinking maybe August, unless something changes.  We have a cruise booked on Allure for my birthday in September but I really don’t think it will sail.

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

We answered no. Not because of the logistics of getting to Nassau from Orlando - it's only a short hop through Miami to get there and back, it's because if there is any outbreak (no matter how minor or how few passengers are affected), we doubt the Bahamian government will permit the ship to dock in Nassau at the end of the cruise. The other issue is the PCR test requirement for entering (re-entering) the Bahamas. We can't find anything that says the ship have the ability to do the type of PCR tests that the Bahamas requires. I doubt that "rapid" tests will satisfy the Bahamian government.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

FWIW, the covid test to return home from the cruise is included in your cruise fare; I also expect the cruise fare to be more than I am willing to spend as well.

me also.  I already have Cancun booked for the end of June in anticipation of our late June cruise being canceled.